Thread: ammo motor, run report,

Default ammo motor, run report,

new ammo 1800kv miss elam went from 34.4 to 43.7 just from switching motors.had to put 8 oz weight in her nose or she would just blow over, witch she did twice, but both times landed upright, is there a way to keep her flat without adding weight, other than that boat rocks now, x642 prop, cant wait to try in miss geico.

Try shimming the strut, I put 2 pieces of credit card shims under the back edge, this helped alot, will try more when our pond get re filled.

ended up going with different strut setup, have not tried yet, hope it helps.

Adjustable strut would be great, I however cannot do it as it must stay stock for this class.

What about using a lifter prop? I always felt like the Elam could have used more lift in the rear

My sons has a UL 1 Motor/ESC and is running a Grim Racer 3855L on his and if we could (Club Class says no) adjust the strut liberally we could get it to ride great as it is now it has to be slowed on the straights for now (battery is a 5000 mah and is right in the center under the cockpit, we are testing putting batteries in the battery trays (on the sides) to see what that does, these are really impressive little boats right out of the box w/a tuned 642 prop that is cupped and razor sharp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about using a lifter prop? I always felt like the Elam could have used more lift in the rear
    any suggestions on lifter prop, this is my first elec boat, i cut the snorkel out and put a piece of plastic in so air water can go through hopefully causing a little lift.

We have been w/out a testing pond for a month and a half, should have water soon, our weather is not ideal Nov.- Feb. up here in the great North Wet ! will be testing more soon and will try more props first. so cannot help you w/the lifting wheels.

have u tryed a spoiler on the front carnard? i use one on my 1/8 scale hydro to keep the nose down.....clear plastic about a inch long doublesided servo taped to botom of carnard sticking up a inch or so at about 45 degrees...keeps the wind forceing the nose down and not fly so far up
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

I dont think you can do it in our 1/12 scale class its a stock UL-1 /Pro boat 1/12 scale class, although it would work, I used them on my 1/8 scale round noses and will on our 1/10 scales as well, I think we may be able to use a UL-1 strut on our Pro Boats and this will give us excellent adjustability and ride options as well as prop options as well. I am looking at a flat shet of epoxy glass to test on 1/10 scales that will allow me to put the bottom break on the boat where ever I want it to move the break around 9will tape it in) then I can adjust my molds to make the hull how it runs the best. that will be a great tool to ride adjustments.

ill try a spoiler seems like agood idea, but just one inch, front of boat is like 6 inches, is one inch enought, my buddy just got air spoiler for his ul1,havnt tried yet, any pics.

i ment one inch high or so the lenth of the carnard,,,,i am out of town till tues so no pics.....it is on a 1/8 scale proboat hydro so may be a little different then yours

Default spoiler

found one like it

Sq48142.jpg

The ones i`m talking about go just like taht only in the air trap (tunnel) and keep the boat from packing alot of air, this works best on non vented hulls like mis 70`s Pickle forks and round noses as they tend to pack to much air as models and at speeds we attain and thus it deflects the air out from under the boat before it gets there and helps to keep it on the water, the spoilers like the one pictured help keep the nose down on the vented boats and work quite well, I always made the Canards manually adjusted so in rough or windy conditions there is some adjustability in dirty water.

yah that looks good,going to make one and try tommorow if rain holds off. thanks

how did the spoiler work?

Default spoiler

spoiler worked good for about 5 laps then caught good gust of wind, blew over and lost it, going to build one stronger next time,the ul1 lost his to that he bought from kintec, niether one of us let off when we should have going into the wind,to windy yesterday.gps both boats though,elam 42 ul1 40, lots of fun with these boats,