Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motley crue or Proboat m.g

Default Motley crue or Proboat m.g

lOOKING at both of these cats but is still undecided. feedback will be appreciated
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

there have been good reports about the MG in threads have not seen to much review on the motely crew, the MG looks more scale and is a good runner. do a search for MG threads

I love my mg, and they are definitely worth the money. The motley is new to the market, but looks promising. Time will tell. I say get the one that is more visually appealing to you, as they are both sure to be a good choice, IMO.
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    I love my mg, and they are definitely worth the money. The motley is new to the market, but looks promising. Time will tell. I say get the one that is more visually appealing to you, as they are both sure to be a good choice, IMO.
    Visually! i am biased towards the M.Geico.
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

I'm pretty impressed with both so far but I haven't seen the MG run in traffic yet.

Miss Geico has my vote and $$. The Motley crew is just square and ugly for the eyes to look at. But I hear it's a stable boat and so is the geico.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

Maybe these will help.

Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    I'm pretty impressed with both so far but I haven't seen the MG run in traffic yet.
    Thanks Guys for the responses. looking forward to the Mg.

Miss Geico!!!!
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

I'm impressed with my Motley Crew.

since u are the only one that has one lol
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    since u are the only one that has one lol
    Yup...sucks to be everyone else

I wouldn't say the "only" one.... Very soon there will be may in the fun loving hands of boaters!!!

Later,
    Mike

Yeah, Mike's had one since before it had a name. ninner ninner ninnner haha

I tried to get Grim to call the new boat the Stray cat but noooooooo. The Motley scheme looks great on there. I'm in the local hobby shops 2 to 3 times per week. I've been watching for them on the shelf.

That Gieco full flight shot concerns me. If that's a shot of the boat running all by itself it's going to be a handful in traffic. Has anyone run one in an 8 boat heat for 4 minutes with the left?

That Gieco full flight shot concerns me. If that's a shot of the boat running all by itself it's going to be a handful in traffic. Has anyone run one in an 8 boat heat for 4 minutes with the left?
    You don't need to worry about the MG in rough water, or traffic... Haven't seen a MC, but I've driven the piss out of the MG in all sorts of conditions and it's rock solid! Avatars don't make a good evaluation method, my friend!

I can't wait until the MC gets out there to the masses and these boats start doing battle! Talk about an offshore BOOM!! GREAT for the HOBBY!!!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Darin
    I should be able to help you on this one and when I get the video in HD I will upload to verify your statement. I am sure MC will be somewhere on this video....

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    You don't need to worry about the MG in rough water, or traffic... Haven't seen a MC, but I've driven the piss out of the MG in all sorts of conditions and it's rock solid! Avatars don't make a good evaluation method, my friend!

I can't wait until the MC gets out there to the masses and these boats start doing battle! Talk about an offshore BOOM!! GREAT for the HOBBY!!!
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    Darin
    I should be able to help you on this one and when I get the video in HD I will upload to verify your statement. I am sure MC will be somewhere on this video....
    NICE! Can you give us a hint?? How was the battle???

My guess is, based on past experience, that the boats are going to be competitive, each with certain strengths and weaknesses, but ultimately coming down to setup and driving.

If that's the case, then life is good.

Good to know my avatar steared up the compotition. Looks like they are scard already lol
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

I was talking about the photo not the avatar but your point is taken. Photos don't mean jack. The Spartan looks really cool. Have you driven one? I'll pass thank you.

Honestly the best assement is to drive one. You can feel it in your fingers if the boat works. When it's off you never feel like you can trust it. If that makes any sense.

Both these boats are going to be great for the hobby. They're like the result of the testing racing that went on with the the SV's, Blackjack's, and even the fastech to a degree. The fact that they're hitting the market around the same time will make it even better IMO.

The fact that they're hitting the market around the same time will make it even better IMO.
    I agree...

If you guys like these... just wait until you see what is on it's way next... and next after that!

I agree...

If you guys like these... just wait until you see what is on it's way next... and next after that!
    I got 10bucks ready to hit your paypal for some info
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Has anyone run one in an 8 boat heat for 4 minutes with the left?
    Ahh...race water...the ultimate challenge for an FE boat.

The MG has spent many hours in my secret laboratory and test pond these last couple of weeks. This boat has lots of potential.

I can't wait to run with another half dozen boats and see what she can do! If we can get this wind to calm down in Michigan, maybe we can have a boat race.

Bob

NICE! Can you give us a hint?? How was the battle???

My guess is, based on past experience, that the boats are going to be competitive, each with certain strengths and weaknesses, but ultimately coming down to setup and driving.

If that's the case, then life is good.
    The battle never happened....60 km hour winds and wet snow/rainshowers all day...we cancelled it the night before.....but now what if Roberts MG beats my MC.....and Robert has a UL-1 motor in his MG...AQ parts in a Proboat...whats the world coming to

Quote Originally Posted by spence72 View Post
    The MG has spent many hours in my secret laboratory and test pond these last couple of weeks. This boat has lots of potential.
    For the record, Bob has the best running SV I've seen nationals or otherwise. Can't wait to see how you're doing with the MG Bob.

I have a new combo to throw at you guys too. Old boat - super stable - new approach. Should make for some really interesting heats this summer. If summer ever comes. One of the local ponds had a fresh layer of ice on it Monday morning. UGHHHH!

I think it's great that there are multiple mass production companies even attempting to market boats that are more than toys. Well......they're still toys......you all know what I mean.

The battle never happened ...but it will.... In HD

Robert has a UL-1 motor... Robert has an UL-1 motor...

Install one too and stop being a whiner...
    And hay, to be within the rules I can use BJ motor, sv motor, ul-1 motor, the choice is mine....
    The trick to beat you up is my secret prop.....
    And, my boat is also NICE.... Without any health risk product advertising...

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    The battle never happened....60 km hour winds and wet snow/rainshowers all day...we cancelled it the night before.....but now what if Roberts MG beats my MC.....and Robert has a UL-1 motor in his MG...AQ parts in a Proboat...whats the world coming to
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

At least there's no sexually ambivilent reptlie on the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    At least there's no sexually ambivilent reptlie on the deck.
    Lmao!
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by mappo View Post
    lOOKING at both of these cats but is still undecided. feedback will be appreciated
    go with the mg i have one and its bad ass love it. modified it with a 2200 kv creation.
    best ever...

Just had my MG out in some wind and chop the other day. I like running 4s2p because it seems like it settles the boat down a bit.

I also ran some nanotech 2s1p x 2 in series to see what would happen with less weight. She didn't disappoint. I was railing corners harder then I've ever tried to before and it just hooked and was solid as a rock. Got loose once coming on the throttle but it wasn't much.

I can't say the boat is out of the box though. I do have an aquacraft motor in it, but from what Darin told me the stock 1500 can swing a pretty big prop if you mod it a little. think he said something like an x447/3. I have an m445 on it now and it seems to work well, but I don't know much about props past getting them balanced.

On the other hand i did see a video of the MC in what look and sound like windy conditions and it looked solid as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast