Thread: EKOS Flodded

Default EKOS Flodded

Was running my boat and everything was great until i noticed it was running low in the water.ran it up and down a couple more times and then it quit!! nada!!after 5 minutes of tryin to rescue it it was almost under water.took it home ,dried it out overnight.Replced the receiver with a stock one,and when i plugged everything in the left motor ran at full throttle.what the f**K is wrong?are the stock esc's shorted out?? any help please.Should i order new esc's?but i got thr strearing servoservo to work for a second but then i couldnt get it to work.should i also get another servo?PLEASE HELP

This thing is makin me nutts!!!!

You probably fried everything. I would take everything out of the boat and test everything individually with the new receiver and see what works. You may be out of luck. Where was it leaking?
    Real men have shafts.

Mine was leaking both sides of transom where drives are attached. I put some silicone on inside, haven't checked it yet to see if I was successful. Also the window leaks which is a problem when it's rough water. All the stock electronics and drives are junk, had to upgrade everything. Now it's a fun boat in smooth water

get a new boat

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    get a new boat
    Come on man, remarks like that aren't needed.
    Real men have shafts.

Just my opinion

I know it gets pricey changing everything. Yes I would start with new esc, I think those where the first to go. Mine has 120 amp now so I don't have to worry about those anymore. Then I upgraded motors to feigao 380 10xl , which aren't too expensive. Then wire drives and props. You can go one step at a time. My boat is fun and reliable now.
    Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Just my opinion
    True, and I can respect that, however opinions are like @$$holes, everbody has one.
    Real men have shafts.

This boat is gettin to me. I guess i did fry everything. 2 of my water cooling tubes came off and flooded everything. Just got my turnigy 120s. And my hull leaks in a couple spots. Tearin everthing down and startin over for the tenth time. Should easily be hittin 60.

I put zip ties around all my water lines so they don't pop off. And Get yourself
    a can of corrosion "x" and spray some into the ends of your esc's. that will help waterproof them for next time. the ekes is a cool boat. Just needs some fine tuning before you throw it into the water!

Ive noticed water leaks in mine as well, i think it is coming in from the shafts. not much but very tiny.. I plan on taking it all apart and silicone every bolt/holes. But wanting to upgrade esc/motor..