Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Miss Geico Lets see what this thing can do!

I was planning on running 4S. Do you think I will get upper 40s with this setup? I don't need much faster than that.

Yes you will do good with that setup. Prob in the 50's
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

I run 4s2p with a m445 runs great
    Socal Fe member, miss gieco castle 1515 1y t-180, blackjack29 stock,insane FE30 p sport castle 1515 1y t-180, insane FE30 p spec ul-1 motor t-120, insane 34"mono neu 1521 1.5d t-180

i run a x645 it goes good

JPriami,
    Was wondering how the dual water pick ups have been working for you? I've done a simular set up in my boat but haven't run it yet. I'm running a 4074 leo 2200 with seaking 180 4s2p and the caps were hitting 130 with the stock cooling. I'm hoping the new cooling set up with 4mm hose does the trick.

Well in the first miss geico I installed dual in hull pickups in each sponson. They seemed to cool but I hardly ever seen water coming out of the outlet.
    On the 2nd MG I used the rudder and a 2nd brass tube pickup. They seem to work well and I can see a flow of water.

Shame, well hope I haven't made my problem worse. It's built now so will try it out and see.

Well I didn't seem to have any heat issues with those. Just didn't get the satisfaction/comfort of seeing much water exit the hull.

I'm faced with a similar problem with a twin cat I'm starting a build on now. I would love 4 pickups so there are separate pickups for 2 motors 2 esc's.

I did install an external BEC as well. Does that really make a big differance with heat? We shall see. The boat is crazy fast all ready. 1st trial run on 5s got 60.6mph. Have sence put more glass on the nose (flip and boom same as your vid), paint, carbon fiber inside, etc, etc. Just got to keep the temps down and a little tuning and might be able to touch 65mph. Boat runs best on 4s2p though. Happily in the 50's and plenty of run time. I've been running a p220 but have some others I'm going to try. Which prop has been your favorite? I'm Going to try to get some pics of the whole rebuild and maybe a run vid. Would like to give back to this site that as helped me out so much.

I run a separate RX pack and disconnect the ESC's + feed (BEC) to the receiver. Seems to get a hair more run time. But mostly I do it just for extra measure in hopes the esc wont have to work any harder than it has to since I run it on 6S at times.

My caps regularly reach 130 even with a extra cap board but never had a problem, they do say an external bec does help bit remember to disable the onboard one, just remove the red wire from the esc plug and put heat shrink over it,do it this way and when you need to reprogram ur esc all u do is replace the pin into the plug, reprogram, remove wire again and ur done.
    Socal Fe member, miss gieco castle 1515 1y t-180, blackjack29 stock,insane FE30 p sport castle 1515 1y t-180, insane FE30 p spec ul-1 motor t-120, insane 34"mono neu 1521 1.5d t-180

Well I finally took some time and made the rear mount for my 1518 in the MG. Plexiglass with a sprung wire loop that holds the back of the motor snugly in place now. Can be removed by a bolt to take motor out easily. Drilled holes in base of plexiglass and sanded it rough, then glassed the mount to the floor.

nIce looking. Mine is on the shelf, to cold here in Norway, ore well, if I had a resc. boat it would be fine,( 10c ore 50f) is to cold to swim, even for vikings :-) So I come here to see video's my friends, so keep'm comming. :-)

So as the cold set's in here in Norway, I play a little with my Merv (revo 1/16) and I just , after a week of blue screen and error codes , got my new rig up and running
    ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z - i5-2500K Processor - Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 8GB - MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti

So if anbody want a friendly fight, DL ' world of tanks ' and see you on the field :-)
    Drammen rock City

I saw a major improvement with mine as well with my home made offset rudder bracket. By the way guys If anyone is interested I started a new group called North Carolina Fast Electrics. Anyone is welcome to the group. I do hope to atract other electric boat adicts from this neck of the woods. Y'all are welcome.
    Last edited by ecoovert; 11-30-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Hi there maxmekker. I use an inflatable raft. You usually can find them online for around $50 us. Heres a place that has the one I use. http://www.vminnovations.com/Product...-and-Pump.html I swim like a rock so I wear a life jacket. I used to use it when the temps were in the 40s and 50s when I lived just south of British Colombia in Bellingham, WA. You might give that a try. It might make you feel more like a viking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKKzvtvzekY
    take a look.
    for those rc boaters out there that live in cold snowy conditions, I would like to see who can get the fastest geico on snow. Something to do over winter and perhaps ask your wife for upgraded parts for christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKKzvtvzekY
    take a look.
    for those rc boaters out there that live in cold snowy conditions, I would like to see who can get the fastest geico on snow. Something to do over winter and perhaps ask your wife for upgraded parts for christmas.

Sounds like a great idea to me. Living in North Carolina I don't know if I'll be able to try it but I live on 5 1/2 acres that's very flat and ready for snow if we ever get it here. Since I am having trouble being able to get to the nearest lake which is 10 miles away this would be a real treat for me. I'd have a 750' straight run but again, all I need is snow. Maybe one of those guys up north could send me some.

well, the strangest thing. :-) last year we had 1,5m snow and -15 to 20 since the first of nov untill late january. Now,it's been like spring here ...
    Drammen rock City

I havn't been through an entire winter here in North Carolina yet. I hear we do get snow here in the eastern foothills of the Appalachian mountains. Grant it not as much as when I lived in Denver, CO but none the less we still can get snow. Weather or not we would get enough to cover the 5 acre field without me getting my prop to get cought up in hay or grass is another question. I'd love to see what my 4082 motor could do in snow. I'd be ok if it rained enough to flood the entire field so I could have kind of a private lake.

what about cooling ?
    and It's snowing here now, Just started.

IMG_1598 (Medium).JPG
    Drammen rock City

Glad to hear that maxmekker. We expect a video soon and be sure to let us know your setup. You know;I was thinking this may make a good winter olympic sport. Boy, if I could only get some training in...

As to cooling maxmekker. I've asked that same question before and never got an answer.

hey sorry guys for no response.
    for cooling in the snow, i didnt put on the sealed lid because you dont have to worry about getting water in and sinking it, so i just use the
    top lid, and i cut out two holes on the scale looking airtakes so air can flow through and vent it out. Atleast here in colorado the air is cold enough to keep it cool, after my 10 minute runs i couldnt use the motor or esc as a source of heat to warm up my hands after standing in the cold for 10 minutes. It works pretty well.

I know what you mean boaterkid333. Where in Colorado? I lived in the Denver area for 12 years or so. Loved the blue skies, warm summers and snow in the winter. I remember when I lived in the Green Mountain area, I think it was in 1982 or 83 when I got up Christmas eve. hoping for snow and there was none. It started snowing later that night. I think it began around 10:00pm. I got up at 7:00am. to 3' of snow on Christmas day. Yep, we got 3' of snow in about 9 hours. I had to work that day but couldn't find my car. Everything was level, there weren't even bumps where the cars were. We sure had a white Christmas right on time that year.
    Last edited by ecoovert; 12-07-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Ecoovert,
    I am up north living in Fort Collins and the weather is crazy here. I've lived here all 17 years of my life and this winter is the most snow we have ever gotten before January. It is going to be a long snowy winter. I have been through the 3' blizzards that dump overnight. I am not sure if you were in colorado in '06 when we got 4.5' of snow and they used front loaders instead of snow plows.
    Happy holidays and snow boating!
    shelby

Thanks Shelby,
    No I wasn't there in 08 but I do recall the snow plows couldn't hit the roads in our area for quite some time. Don't know what they used on the freeways... Sounds like you'll have plenty of opportunity for snow boating. Be sure to post some vids for us who may not get the chance. If it keeps raining here I may yave a 5 acre lake for my boat. Our 5 acre field is about 20% flooded right now. About every 100 years the river next to our field floods enough to cover about 50% of our field leaving an area of about 150'x700' under water. Maybe this will be one of those 100 year floods. I won't hold my breath though. Merry Christmas to you as well and a happy new year.
    Eric

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213