Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JAE mini sprint 109$

electric - are you using the same motor as the prototype? I'm looking for something compatible and just curious what you are running.

Yes, I am running the turnigy 4400kv that was orginally recommended when they went on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    52mph
    holly crud, I did not think these were going that fast
    The big one..not the mini.

The renegades do 40 so it's only a matter of time before the mini sprint take on the 50 mark

Outrunners will run hotter obviously. 160 is expected. That would be acceptable by my standards.

I bet if you could fit a leopard 2860 in one you'd hit mid 50's if it stays on the water. You'd need a bigger ESC as well, and the weight would help keep it down a bit.

With the right choice of $12 outrunner on 3s & $20 esc & correct prop you will hit mid to high 50s. This is my set up in a 15" mono v hull, Imagine how much faster a rigger is going to be over a mono v hull. Im aiming for 60mph on this budget set up,Martin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuDAKRRtLA0

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    With the right choice of $12 outrunner on 3s & $20 esc & correct prop you will hit mid to high 50s. This is my set up in a 15" mono v hull, Imagine how much faster a rigger is going to be over a mono v hull. Im aiming for 60mph on this budget set up,Martin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuDAKRRtLA0
    Which $12 outrunner?

How big of a motor with cooling jacket will fit in this little hull? And how long can the motor be?

Ran though two sets of packs today, the temp seems to stay round 160's at the end of each run. Thought about gettings some water cooling in there, but what a challenge with the limited space. I will stick with the air cooled for now.

This boat is unbelievably stable and the turns on it are something to see. Really nice handling boat. Good Job Zipp.

I think a Leopard 2860 might be to much at 1300w, This is a tiny boat. You may stand a chance with the less powerfull 2850 at 800w. Re getting these bigger diameter because of water cooler & longer can water cooled motors in, The front of the motor will touch the front of the cowling so mods will need to be done to the cowling. You will have issues with the water cooler clearing the tub bottom, Not by a lot & not to difficult to mod by raising the motor up on the mount or using a bolt in mount so you could try different configeration motors & sizes. Im sticking for now with my $12 outrunners which im sure i can get close to 60mph. I just get an extra buss knowing these speeds are capable with such cheap & simple motors. I must say a thanks to Joe at Zippkits for producing a superb quality kit, Everything in the kit fitted perfectly & also the JAE team for their hard work on the design of the boat. Im about 75% + paint their so cant wait to run it. Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    The big one..not the mini.
    Oh, so maybe mid 40's with the mini?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Oh, so maybe mid 40's with the mini?
    Hard to guess with the size diference in the boat. Tempted to try, but I will leave it at that without my datalogger hooked up.
    Last edited by electric; 06-21-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Since the HK brushless motors are so hard to get, we ordered some directly from the manufacturer.
    We will have 4400 and 3500 Kv motors in stock soon.

The 3500 motors should be good for the kids, and may even be pretty good with a slightly larger prop (we have the 432 in stock).

If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will notify you when these arrive...

Joe

P.S. Thanks for the kind words! Why not do a review on our site of the MS?

I think the 3500kv on 3s could rock real good!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I think the 3500kv on 3s could rock real good!
    has anyone tried it yet? I know the kit is relatively new...

I am in the process of building mine right now. I haven't bought a motor yet and was thinking of going the 3500kv'ish and 3S. I know that Zipp has recommended the 2200mAh batteries, but does anyone know what the max battery size that will fit in the hull? I would like to get the most mAh as possible for the amp draw head room.

Thanks
    Mike

Mike,
    I spent some time last weekend trying to see if I could fit a bigger battery in than the 2200. The issue is the batteries start to get to long and hit the shaft as it bends up to the motor. So, the best I could find was the 2200. Others, may have found something I did not, so we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    Mike,
    I spent some time last weekend trying to see if I could fit a bigger battery in than the 2200. The issue is the batteries start to get to long and hit the shaft as it bends up to the motor. So, the best I could find was the 2200. Others, may have found something I did not, so we will see.
    OK, thanks for the reply. I wanted to put an order in for batteries and a motors from Hobby King soon. Looks like I will be sticking with the 2200's then.

Later,
    Mike

Are you getting 2200mah 3s battery in with the esc ok or are you having to put the esc some where else & not on top of the battery as my esc (not the Zippkits esc ) will not go on top as it stands above the tub. Thanks Martin.

I have not tried the 3s so can't tell you. I did try putting a 3s 3000 in there and no luck. To long. So long as the length of the 3s is not more than 5mm more or so than the 2s and it is just a bit thicker it should squeeze in there. Just a guess though.

I found 3s 2200mah wont go in with esc on top of lipo,The tub depth inside to under the lip is 32mm.A 3s is around 24mm-26mm depending on type.That only leaves 6mm-8mm for the esc,My esc is 15mm so no go.A 2s is only 16mm deep so leaves 16mm for esc so is ok. I built mine to run 3s so will mod the tub deck by fitting a second deck raised up 8mm with a slightly steeper curve at the front of the deck. With the cowl sitting on the raised deck. Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    I found 3s 2200mah wont go in with esc on top of lipo,The tub depth inside to under the lip is 32mm.A 3s is around 24mm-26mm depending on type.That only leaves 6mm-8mm for the esc,My esc is 15mm so no go.A 2s is only 16mm deep so leaves 16mm for esc so is ok. I built mine to run 3s so will mod the tub deck by fitting a second deck raised up 8mm with a slightly steeper curve at the front of the deck. With the cowl sitting on the raised deck. Martin.
    I did recall seeing a picture where they had put the esc to the side of the motor. Turned on its edge. I am using a left over 120amp esc I have so that is out of the question, but thought I would throw that out there if you had a smaller esc...

I use 60amp watercooled esc on my micro boats as i do run quite hot setups on large props, But even on say an air cooled esc which they sell for this boat i think youll have problems getting 3s + esc in. Along side the motor theirs only 10mm & thats touching the motor so out of the question on an outrunner with the body spinning. Unless your using a very small low amp esc i think your going to struggle getting 3s in. Like i said im going to mod mine on top of the tub so im not going to be craming everything in such a small space on 3s. As well as its a very simple mod to do. Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by HibridO View Post
    Which $12 outrunner?
    Haha...I am still trying to figure this out! Spill the beans Martin!!!

Haha its a mystery !!! Martin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123