Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JAE mini sprint 109$

Default JAE mini sprint 109$

now on zippkit.com for 109$
    the kit
    http://zippkits.com/~zippkits/index....roducts_id=263

Kick ass!

now who can build them for those who don't have the time to build
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Mine is already part way done!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Being this one is small, maybe I do have the time to build it!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

On the type of flex shaft & stuffing tube used in this design does the stub shaft just run in the brass outer tube & the flex in the teflon liner. Does the dog run against the stuffing tube end or is the end load taken against the motor bearings. Thanks Martin.

The prototype used a teflon liner and a thrust washer at the "strut".

The production kits will use no liner, and the motor bearings will take the thrust.
    We are working on a stub shaft design that runs directly inside the shaft tube...

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Petro View Post
    The prototype used a teflon liner and a thrust washer at the "strut".

The production kits will use no liner, and the motor bearings will take the thrust.
    We are working on a stub shaft design that runs directly inside the shaft tube...

Joe
    Joe is their any reason other than possible extra cost that your not using one of your 12 size Z struts. Thanks Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Joe is their any reason other than possible extra cost that your not using one of your 12 size Z struts. Thanks Martin.
    I can answer this.....The stuffing box design decision had absolutely nothing to do with the cost........you just plain and simple do not need a strut cluttering up the transom of this boat......
    The JAE design team tested the hell out of this system and it is bulletproof and a strut it is just simply not needed......If reliability was in question,.the JAE design team would never have recommended this system.....
    The JAE team is dedicated to lowering the cost of model boating ,but never at the expense of a successful day at the lake.
    If you are absolutely convinced you need more support,just take the next size up brass tubing and loctite it over the last couple inches of the stuffing box where it exits the ski.Do this before you cap off the rear of the ski and then seal the tub with it the 5 minute epoxy from the inside.
    I will say this again......
    The JAE team is dedicated to lowering the cost of model boating ,but never at the expense of a successful day at the lake running a JAE design.

Quote Originally Posted by geraghty View Post
    I can answer this.....The stuffing box design decision had absolutely nothing to do with the cost........you just plain and simple do not need a strut cluttering up the transom of this boat......
    The JAE design team tested the hell out of this system and it is bulletproof and a strut it is just simply not needed......If reliability was in question,.the JAE design team would never have recommended this system.....
    The JAE team is dedicated to lowering the cost of model boating ,but never at the expense of a successful day at the lake.
    If you are absolutely convinced you need more support,just take the next size up brass tubing and loctite it over the last couple inches of the stuffing box where it exits the ski.Do this before you cap off the rear of the ski and then seal the tub with it the 5 minute epoxy from the inside.
    I will say this again......
    The JAE team is dedicated to lowering the cost of model boating ,but never at the expense of a successful day at the lake running a JAE design.
    Thanks for reply, Also would you use a washer to take the thrust against the stuffing tube or against the motor bearings as planed. Cant wait to get one of these boats & have some fun with it. Thanks Martin.

Thanks for reply, Also would you use a washer to take the thrust against the stuffing tube or against the motor bearings as planed. Cant wait to get one of these boats & have some fun with it. Thanks Martin.

Martin,
    That will not work unless you have some sort of slip joint [I.E. a square drive coupler] in the driveline system and then......... you would also need to design someway to retain the driveline system in the boat to keep it from sliding out the back of the boat when you let off the throttle....
    Taking the thrust at the motor bearings will be no problem whatsoever....
    In fact when you install the driveline keep a 1/16" gap in between the drivedog face and the end of the stuffing box/stub shaft bushing assembly.

Rod Geraghty

does the kit come with a esc?
    thanks

No.
    No electronics are included. Every other part or piece needed is included though.

We will have servos and ESC's available for them soon.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Petro View Post
    No.
    No electronics are included. Every other part or piece needed is included though.

We will have servos and ESC's available for them soon.

Joe
    ok
    and these are ready now?
    I think someone said they may have these prebuilt?

Thanks Rod, Yes thats how i run my mini monos with the load against the motor bearings on outrunner motors running at 42,000rpm unloaded with no problems at all. Thanks Martin.

when will they be realeased?

April 20th is the expected date providing every thing comes together. Thanks.

Can't wait my wife owes me a bday present and I think I just found it

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgar View Post
    when will they be realeased?
    The scheduled release date is 4-20-2011

geeeeez! did they sell out already, or did the date get bumped?

It's bumped until next week, if your signed up for the newsletter there is a wicked sale price. I ordered the motor, battery and 2.4ghz radio from Joe's links for a total of $40.
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

How do we sign up for the newsletter

Just go tothe www.zippkits.com website and set up a login and asked to be notified when the boat is available. That will get you the email you need to get the discount.

You don't need a discount to get that kind of pricing on the motor/battery/radio from HK.

Motor is $12.04
    Battery is $11.29
    TX/RX is $16.59

That's regular pricing listed on the site, not discounted for being a repeat customer too. With me logged in the pricing is:

Motor: $11.18
    Battery: $9.49
    TX/RX: $15.99

It's amazing what you can get for under $200 now!

.....waiting for that email....when this boat going on sale........tick tick tick...

I have no control over the release of the Mini-Sprint.....get ahold of Joe at Zippkits and ask him
    for an update on the release date...... sales@zippkits.com

Quote Originally Posted by geraghty View Post
    I have no control over the release of the Mini-Sprint.....get ahold of Joe at Zippkits and ask him
    for an update on the release date...... sales@zippkits.com
    I know that, Just kidding around. Every day I check the email

Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    I know that, Just kidding around. Every day I check the email

I'm waiting with you.....I want one also and I am just as anxious as you are to see them released......
    I have no doubts that Joe is doing everything he can to get them out ASAP.....

Has anyone asked Joe (ZippKitts) if he has an updated time line for release? I would like to get a couple of these.

Later,
    Mike Ball

I spoke to Joe a few days ago about something else but also asked the latest on the Mini Sprint, Hes still waiting on some parts & said maybe around mid month. Martin.

I like the JAE stuff but for less and all built and two inches larger you can get this:http://www.r2hobbies.com/men/proddet...od=rcbt0401005

It's big brother seems successful.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=23946
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 05-06-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast