Thread: new miss elam & ul1

Default new miss elam & ul1

just got new elam plus, my bud got new ul1 superior,went out maiden runs, ul1 quite a bit faster,is there anything, i can do to run with him, were both running lipos,im using 5400 2s2p 20c venoms,he is using 5000 2s1p 30c venom,hard packs, both running stock props, but i have x4403, x642, m445, 42x55 grm, looks like m445 is to long to fit,is there a way to make other props work,kits maybe,is thier a good motor combo kit maybe, thanks in advance,wabbit

The Elam only has a 1500KV motor in it, vs. the 2030KV of the UL-1. As such, you need to use a prop with a LOT more pitch to match the speed. However, the Elam hull is also a bit narrower and shorter, so too much prop will affect the handling a bit.

To get you started, see if you can find my Miss Elam Race Prep thread, here on this site. I went further than most would want to, but you can get an idea of some of the things that can be done.

I have many successful races on mine using the stock electronics and get really good speeds using a couple of different props. The X645 is probably a good place to start.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

thanks for the reply, im going to try that prop,read your thread, nice.was out today, ran 35.8 gps mounted in cockpit, gps weights 8oz, boat worked very well lots of fun, x642 prop temps were cool. 84 motor 76 esc, easily outlaped friends ul1, he was all over with it, elam much stabiler.but would still like, little more power, any recomendations on new motor for 4s, would buy esc to if i had to. love the handling of this boat, 1st hydro, have mg as well,would like to do something with prop shaft to use more props, any recomendations. thanks

anyone???? im lookin to run as fast as i can on the stock set-up... so im just curious what the best prop would be...

im running x645 now works well everthing very cool. waiting for some bigger props x646, x648