Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Obsession with 6s

Check out the TP power motors. A 4082 (or 4092 if you want to go overboard) would be an affordable option. They have vented endbells and tend to run cooler than the Leopard IME.
    It looked like a fairly sizable prop in the vid....645? s230? If it's something like that I would expect a cumulative heat build up in a 4074 on 4s. I bet a 4082 would knock a few degrees off. Combo that with the vented ends and it might make a big difference.
    I assume you've tried different timing settings...

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Check out the TP power motors. A 4082 (or 4092 if you want to go overboard) would be an affordable option. They have vented endbells and tend to run cooler than the Leopard IME.
    It looked like a fairly sizable prop in the vid....645? s230? If it's something like that I would expect a cumulative heat build up in a 4074 on 4s. I bet a 4082 would knock a few degrees off. Combo that with the vented ends and it might make a big difference.
    I assume you've tried different timing settings...
    Was running a m445 on warm days and a m645 on cooler days. The m645 was hauling butt, but got hot and fast that was 15* timing. Then dropped down to 11.25 w/ a m445 and no issues which I would expect. The prop in the video is a x447/3 cut down to 42mm detoungued and cupped if I'm not mistaken. That was the first run w/ that prop. Boat liked it, motor not so much.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Was running a m445 on warm days and a m645 on cooler days. The m645 was hauling butt, but got hot and fast that was 15* timing. Then dropped down to 11.25 w/ a m445 and no issues which I would expect. The prop in the video is a x447/3 cut down to 42mm detoungued and cupped if I'm not mistaken. That was the first run w/ that prop. Boat liked it, motor not so much.

Wow, she has some bite for a 42mm prop!
    If you haven't tried it yet, drop the timing down to 5 deg or so and see what happens with the speed/temp. Sometimes the higher kv motors will pick up speed and efficiency at lower timing, even if they aren't D wind motors. Maybe not, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Quote Originally Posted by iamandrew View Post
    TO be honest, thats wrong with the spartan thats just blown up in the picture?
    I can see ALL its hardware still in it! thats got to be a good selling point

Ive found higher RPM with smaller props = a lot better handling boat in general.
    Less snaking when under power, however the lead bearings do need to be replaced , or just go with speed master stuff

I dont think traxxas got it right with the Spartan, but then again, its not like most people that own proboats or aquacrafts are running them in their stock config either.
    I' m agree, high RPM with small propellers is great, especially with twin setup.
    2 x Scorpion 3026 1900kV 6S on each motor

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Wow, she has some bite for a 42mm prop!
    If you haven't tried it yet, drop the timing down to 5 deg or so and see what happens with the speed/temp. Sometimes the higher kv motors will pick up speed and efficiency at lower timing, even if they aren't D wind motors. Maybe not, but it doesn't hurt to try.
    Interesting on the timing and thanks for the explanation. I may try that as well. I may drop my 240 ice in it for data logging. My eagle tree is setup for 5.5s but im running 6.0s on this boat (battery connections)

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Ive just read post #1 to end .. and originally this thread was about 4S rtr boats claimed capable of 6S .

stock rtr 4S boats are problematic with 150% that voltage, a known issue of marketing to overenthusiastic newbs.
    Burn and learn ........
    However, re-configured they can well handle 6S, or more.. I recall a 4S genesis hull on 8(?)S at near 100mph recently, here on OSE...

6S is not an offensive power to 1800Kv, if done correctly.
    Here is 6S to twin 1800Kv in a custom build

Here is a quick vid of a single 6S pack to a pair of 1800Kv.

cheers
    Wayne
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456