Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spartan on 4s?

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmateguy01 View Post
    They must have miss labled that, looked like it was pretty quick on 4S, quite a difference from the included 7-cell nimh's. The way everyone talks is that it's not really much faster on 4s over the Nimh's, that video kinda shows differently. I'll be plenty happy with that performance running in my cove at the lake!
    In the video it was 2s so 4s to me would be quick enough for what i want. I have a Jato and 55 mph is only good for speed runs. I think most are just trying to break the mph mark. I just want to cruise around with a little speed and show the boat off. Thank you all for your input it was appreciated.

Quick example on my SV.
    12cell nimh 28-29mph
    14cell nimh 32-33mph
    4s lipo 39-40mph

You will notice a difference.

The guy in the video is a terrible driver, all that low speed driving and quick turning and the boat keep going on and off plane is just terrible for the esc. It won't be long before he burns his setup up...
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Quick example on my SV.
    12cell nimh 28-29mph
    14cell nimh 32-33mph
    4s lipo 39-40mph

You will notice a difference.

The guy in the video is a terrible driver, all that low speed driving and quick turning and the boat keep going on and off plane is just terrible for the esc. It won't be long before he burns his setup up...

Exactly what I was thinking while watching.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by dag-nabit View Post
    No, I was responding to Wade's question, my response to your question is above.

I think you can run 1 2S and 1 3S battery in series for 5S and make it work as long as the capacity, discharge rating, and number of cycles (age) of the batteries are the same.

But I have no experience with this, so wait until someone confirms.

You can buy two 5S batteries and run them in parallel with no problem. That would give you lots of capacity for longer run times.

Kevin
    I think this boat may be a good runner on 5s
    2s and 3s in series or better yet two 5s 5000mah packs in parallel
    and with a X642 prop is could run good
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12