Thread: My P1 wont plane

Angry My P1 wont plane

I got the speedo figured out, now my problem is that the boat wont plane out.. it revvs like crazy just wont plane..

I took it to a small pond today. put 1 2s lipo in it.. took a while but it did plane out. 2s got boring so i put in my 3s. it still took a while to plane out but once it did she moves out pretty good. i brought it back to shore to check esc and motor temps after about 2 minutes of running. not even warm! so i backed her back up and tried to get up on plane but no go.. its revving like crazy and moving but just not quite fast enough to get on plane..I drove around the pond for about 3 minutes like this figureing it was gong to plane.. NOPE I brought it back in 3 or 4 times to make sure there wasnt anything wrapped around the prop or dragging.. any ideas?? my prop is in perfect shape too. and its the stock 3 blade one.
    Im almost ready to ship it back to venom to get my $ back...

Really need to run this boat with a new prop. The stock prop isn't even a good paper weight. Also, 2s is not enough, 3s is for the rough stuff and with a good prop should get around 25mph and plane easily.

I run mine with a x640, 1 4s 5000mah 40C lipo and it hauls. I would also recommend reinforcing the hatch with fiberglass or carbon fiber as the windshield could break in a flip. Turn fins help alot too. Welcome to the boards!

Thanks Tunnel, I plan on using 2 2s 6500 mah lipos together to make a 4s, just want to use the 3s to get a feel for her and the 3s is a 8000 mah too. I have been doing a lot of searching about not getting on plane and found that the slightest nick in the prop can affect this. also drive angle and trim tabs.. i have everything bone stock (unadjusted).
    is that X640 an octura prop? id be very interested in that!!

Those will be good batteries for it. The P1 runs bow light so those should plant it nicely. I have the trim tabs angled down a few degrees, more on the starboard side to assist in controlling torque roll. stinger is angled down 2 degrees as well. Upgrade the prop, you won't be sorry. Yes, I run a octura x640. Prather 215 would work as well. The x44O is another to consider. There are many props you can run on it that will work well, just check the threads.

cool beans! any idea what the stock 3 blade plastic prop is on the P1?

Its a 36mm I believe. If you upgraded you will need a prop adapter for the 4mm shaft as well. They sell them on here if you need one. A cheap prop to consider would be the CF40mm, its just a few bucks.

i do like the metal ones, I just have no way to balance them. been looking at some of the prebalanced ones but they all seem too small..

Just post in the WTB section, I am sure someone has something that will work.

or call these people up. Very nice to deal with and they do great work. Most of my props are from here.

http://www.cmdracing.com/updated/main.htm

What about a ul1 3 blade I had a venom 36 3 blade on my oval master and it struggles to plane and it's only 21", put a stock proboat prop and we are off

If it's revving but not getting up on plane check that the flex coupler grub screws are tight. If not the motor won't turn the flex, had this happen on mine.

wow thanks guys!! ill check the screws! Tunnel thanks for the link.. ill be gettting ahold of that fella real soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterxp View Post
    I got the speedo figured out, now my problem is that the boat wont plane out.. it revvs like crazy just wont plane..

I took it to a small pond today. put 1 2s lipo in it.. took a while but it did plane out. 2s got boring so i put in my 3s. it still took a while to plane out but once it did she moves out pretty good. i brought it back to shore to check esc and motor temps after about 2 minutes of running. not even warm! so i backed her back up and tried to get up on plane but no go.. its revving like crazy and moving but just not quite fast enough to get on plane..I drove around the pond for about 3 minutes like this figureing it was gong to plane.. NOPE I brought it back in 3 or 4 times to make sure there wasnt anything wrapped around the prop or dragging.. any ideas?? my prop is in perfect shape too. and its the stock 3 blade one.
    Im almost ready to ship it back to venom to get my $ back...
    I have the P1. 2s and 3s is just not enough juice. I had the same problem starting, but it would eventually plane on 3s. I put a 4s battery in it and it runs great. Planes much faster. Did you adjust the trim tabs? Change the drive angle?

You could always move the battery aft to get the weight off the nose some.