Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spartan Shaft Size?

Quote Originally Posted by tomjr View Post
    Ok.. Actually worth the try... But if use the .187 I don't think can use the Teflon inner liner...
    In case you missed my EDIT. Be sure to order a new collet at the same time.

Kevin

If it were me and running any bigger power like 6S I WOULD remove the teflon and use a good marine grease on the cable and stub...I also like to grease and then put a few drops of regular 3n1 oil down them and the stub...makes it very slick. Not sure if OSEs are loctite or brazed versions but thought I would just go brazed since most want to run bigger motors and 6S. Yes, they are more time since they step and have to be threaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    If it were me and running any bigger power like 6S I WOULD remove the teflon and use a good marine grease on the cable and stub...I also like to grease and then put a few drops of regular 3n1 oil down them and the stub...makes it very slick. Not sure if OSEs are loctite or brazed versions but thought I would just go brazed since most want to run bigger motors and 6S. Yes, they are more time since they step and have to be threaded.
    Hi jeff,
    What do you mean by brazed ?
    Do you have the brazed flex shaft for the .187 ?

Tom

Brazed is just that...not soldered. 30,000 psi tensil strength. 1200 degrees with a brazing rod. It is 56% silver that I use.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazing#Silver_brazing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12