Thread: Cool new Spektrum Telemetry Product.

Arrow Cool new Spektrum Telemetry Product.

Pretty cool interface for Spektrum radio's... Keeps getting better and better!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=SPMTR1000

Now if we could get a Marine Telemetry rx with a long antenna that would be AWESOME...
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Thats neat but they seriously need logging capability! Would make Spektrums telemetry great then.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

I would think that one could log stuff on the iPhone... but then again, I have not seen the interface it has in the phone...
    very very cool though...
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

If you check out the aircraft telemetry rx it says "data" on it and reading the manual it says a little bit of flight pack logging can be accomplished. Not sure how detailed it would be over a eagletree.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...8#quickSupport

Imagine receiving live amp draw numbers to your radio that would be AWESOME.
    I just want a marine telemetry rx...
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I can handle water proofing the sr3300t, I would love to see a brushless rpm sensor and amp sensor.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    I can handle water proofing the sr3300t, I would love to see a brushless rpm sensor and amp sensor.
    Yea I waterproofed my sr3300t as well, I would just like to see the mr telemetry rx or just a surface telemetry rx what ever one I just want a longer antenna. The short antenna on the 3300t makes things kinda difficult in certain hulls. I will be using the sr3300t in my HK Vanquish though. I do like the brushless rpm sensor the eagletree has over the magnet ones.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

For what it's worth here is some emails

Comments: Can I add some antenna wire to my SR3000? I would like to get it out of my boat a bit more???

Hello Rick,

Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby Product Support.

I don’t see why you can’t, though; Horizon Hobby does not recommend these types of modifications.

If you should need further assistance regarding this issue please reply to this e-mail.

If you need other Product Support assistance, please feel free to e-mail us at productsupport@horizonhobby.com or contact us toll-free at 1-877-504-0233.

Thank You,

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    For what it's worth here is some emails

Comments: Can I add some antenna wire to my SR3000? I would like to get it out of my boat a bit more???

Hello Rick,

I don’t see why you can’t, though; Horizon Hobby does not recommend these types of modifications.

If you should need further assistance regarding this issue please reply to this e-mail.

If you need other Product Support assistance, please feel free to e-mail us at productsupport@horizonhobby.com or contact us toll-free at 1-877-504-0233.

Thank You,

Ummmmmm.... I wouldn't! I think you'll find that that is NOT wire... it's coax....
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

thats good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Ummmmmm.... I wouldn't! I think you'll find that that is NOT wire... it's coax....
    I agree, Andy K said not to touch it.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

UUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    You could place the dot on the coupler, and somehow mount the sensor to see it.
    However, the motor shaft, or flex cable will be spinning faster, sooooooo
    you do the math.
    I have water proofed a SR300, and a SR3300T with epoxy, and have been using the temp prob on my boat ESC for 3 years now. Have never had a problem with distance, or interference. Just bought the MR3000 for a new build with carbon fiber.
    I wish Specktrum would make a telemetry RX with a long antenna!!!!!

I like the idea of telemetry/live real-time readings of the goings-on during a run, but as has been noted, piloting a boat and reading telemetry data simultaneously isn't practical. In situations where friends with telemetry-equipped boats require real time feedback, I've had to be the guy holding the telemetry receiver and telling the pilot what the incoming data is saying. Now, if this new goodie could convert, through the receiving device, the data to a text-to-voice annunciator, that would be something. Plug in your ear bud and get live updates in a selected time interval. ( Then again, I already have too many voices in my head while running )

Or, (new thought) ; goggles with a heads-up display ?
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    I like the idea of telemetry/live real-time readings of the goings-on during a run, but as has been noted, piloting a boat and reading telemetry data simultaneously isn't practical. In situations where friends with telemetry-equipped boats require real time feedback, I've had to be the guy holding the telemetry receiver and telling the pilot what the incoming data is saying. Now, if this new goodie could convert, through the receiving device, the data to a text-to-voice annunciator, that would be something. Plug in your ear bud and get live updates in a selected time interval. ( Then again, I already have too many voices in my head while running )

Or, (new thought) ; goggles with a heads-up display ?
    Data 2 Voice would be sick...

i use the temp wire on my telemetry every once in a while I'll glace down real quick at the rx for a reading while driving in the straight, but I don't do it often. What I do is set the alerts up for "X" temp so I just keep driving until I either here the count-down timer buzz or the temp alarm go off... EIther way when I here a noise from my radio I stop and bring the boat in.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Looks like EagleTree has, with their FPV interface gear, the ability to configure a goggle-based heads up data display. Very interesting....
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono