Thread: Diesel's Stiletto

Default Diesel's Stiletto

Picked this up used from Ron. I digged the decals he put on. Really look nice on this hull. I just finished everything up tonight. Here's the setup.

Motor: CC1512 1.5y 1800kv
    Esc: Seaking 120
    Servo: stock
    Rx: Mr3000
    Batts: 4s1p either 5000mah 40c-50c or 6000mah 25-50c
    Prop: I think I will try a m445 to start

I never ran a tunnel hull before so kinda nervous on this one. I didn't know exactly where to set the outboard depth and angle so I set a neutral angle and set the prop shaft in the middle of the sponsons to start. If that's not good maybe a tunnel guy can chime in on that one. I modded the outboard cover so the 1512 could fit in I also epoxyed in a terminal block in the hull. Motor plugs in on one side motor on the other side looks kinda cool IMO.

I seen after I took the photo the cooling line was tight on the bottom of the esc so it's got extra room now and I swang the outboard full right and full left and everything looked good and wasn't tight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Looking forward to this D
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Looking forward to this D
    Thanks bud, I have no idea what to expect with this thing.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I hear you..
    I'm having Mike build one of his PS295 Tunnels for me and I'm going with UL-1 power
    and I have no idea how to drive one
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I hear you..
    I'm having Mike build one of his PS295 Tunnels for me and I'm going with UL-1 power
    and I have no idea how to drive one
    That thing is gonna be FAAAAAAAST.... You better learn how to drive quick lol....
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

yours aint going to me no slouch bro!
    I hear these make better drives out of you

yours aint going to me no slouch bro!
    I hear these make better drives out of you
    Thanks...

Anything that makes me a better driver is a good thing, you've seen my vids before lol
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

the ps295 is very easy to drive and flys for sure...the stiletto is a little more tempermental and u have to really watch it on the corners.....let off just before the corner and then come back on the power u will get used to it...that boat never looked better lol dont forget the vid camera
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

hey diesel u will love the stiletto or hate it lol like ron said u need to learn how to drive the thing to get the best outta it, i had mine 5 days and it was upside down 3 times , best bit of advice is look at darins set up and u wont be far wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFY_44 View Post
    hey diesel u will love the stiletto or hate it lol like ron said u need to learn how to drive the thing to get the best outta it, i had mine 5 days and it was upside down 3 times , best bit of advice is look at darins set up and u wont be far wrong.
    Don't feel bad... I've been upside down about EVERY time I have it on the water! Still haven't quite gotten this thing figured out.

I think it might be time for a thread dedicated to the setup specs for everyone out there running this boat. Let us know what works for you!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

love it, look's great, I'll be looking out for a video of this one, I hope it's as fast as it looks

Thanks for the comments guys... I wish I would have had a chance to run it last few days but the winds here in NC have been crazy. Maybe this sunday will be better. I been thinking of just buying a single 4s 5000mah 40c lipo. I had one and sold it I shouldnt have done that, but anyway I think a single 4s I might like better then 2 2s in the hull. I will def make sure the batts on the rescue boat is charged up real good before I test this thing lol. Looks like I might end up upside down a lot. lol
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

here is your boat deisel on stock motor and 4cell ...i think the motor had too much neg angle on it as bow seemed to stay down and spun out easly but still fun......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd5ZP___77E

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Don't feel bad... I've been upside down about EVERY time I have it on the water! Still haven't quite gotten this thing figured out.

I think it might be time for a thread dedicated to the setup specs for everyone out there running this boat. Let us know what works for you!

i found that once u find the sweet spot on the motor angle it got alot easyer to drive

Thanks for posting that vid Ron.... Boat looks GREAT on the water.

My question is what/where is the first step in trimming this thing? Start with the angle first or the depth first or play with the CG first? I guess it prob comes down to how the boat is acting on the water then take action from that point (If that's the case I answered my own question), but I would like to hear from the Stiletto guru's on this. Also my plan is running a single 4s pack fully forward. OK/Bad Idea?!? Once again Guru's advise is always welcomed!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    here is your boat deisel on stock motor and 4cell ...i think the motor had too much neg angle on it as bow seemed to stay down and spun out easly but still fun......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd5ZP___77E
    Hey thats at my house, wrong state Ron.

Boat looks good D. Cant wait to see it run. Its been blowin like mad here as well, but for what its worth, I havent splashed a boat in 2 months anyway... or whenever Ron1950 was last down.

ya that was the day bill and your friend with the bj and u and i all ran in your back yard.....diesel darin has a stiletto race thread that has the balance point etc in it somewhere.....single fourcell is fine in there somwhere lol...

I've been running mine with a 4s all the way forward, motor all the way up and a few degrees positive. Heavy Modded 42 x 55 prop and a UL1 motor.. Handles great in flat water but have never had it in race conditions. Boat feels great set up like this.

deisel where are the vids i know u have run it lets get on the stick lol

deisel where are the vids i know u have run it lets get on the stick lol
    Believe it or not Ron I haven't had a chance to run it yet. The wind here the last few weeks has been terrible and I was running other boats. Still not test run on her yet.

I may actually need to sell this thing before I even run it. Got to many boats in the fleet right now and have another 2 on the way in the next few weeks/months.

I guess I will list it and see what happens. Not to happy about it, but we all have needed to unload hulls before.
    Last edited by Diesel6401; 04-20-2011 at 08:34 PM.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

guess this thread is shot to hell...thanks diesel....lol

guess this thread is shot to hell...thanks diesel....lol

Thanks buddy for rubbing it in lol.......

Maybe tunnelvison will take over.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

i never got it over 35 or so even with the ul-1 motor seems all the manufactures think 30 is the new 50 i guess .saw that vid of grim talking about upper 40's i think it was for the mc right out of the box the other day...have to see it first.....i must be from missuri or something