Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock Spartan Hit 50.7 MPH today...

Default Stock Spartan Hit 50.7 MPH today...

Well, I am one of the few but GPS photo to be uploaded soon. I hit 50.7 MPH today on 6S. Definately runs better with choppy water (not too choppy) I just hope that it can sustain the 50 mph or close on my setup. Yes STOCK prop too. I usually get 41-44mph but today was windy and a little choppy and it ran great. GPS up front and front of batteries 1/2 forward from tray holding screws. Motor temps are usually 112 ish. Today motor temp was 146 ish so it was hotter but also running much faster. I did the cooling mods and thats it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks Bos? he uploaded it for me, i have no idea how to

being this is a 6+mph jump from your other runs, I'll say get a video showing back to back runs of 50+
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I have hit 47.1 once.......48.0 earlier in the day and 50.7 on a windy day with chop. I cant even put up a photo here never mind a video. No-one has to believe me, t I have no reason to make it up. If Bosnical is around sometime I will have him video it.

Damn dude, no reason to get all pissed

I don't know of any product right now that has been the biggest let down, specially with all the hype as with traxxas
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Well guys I think we all hoe Traxxas a big apology.

He was driving in his car with gps hit 50.7 and stopped.... lol.

Ill get it on video this week. I need to gps my mg anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Panama Jack View Post
    Did you bump your head? Or have they paid you to say that? Lmao
    Just because it was really windy today and the water was choppy. And these conditions helped the boat do 50 mph I'm not saying anything like oh yeah your right traxxas. Habahahahahah
    Dosent count downwind of a 20+ mph gust pushing the boat over 50.

He still did it. But good luck doing it on a calm day

Shaun you still did it and congrAts. I'm not here to knock you or say you didnt do it. I'm just not saying traxxas was right lol.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by bbosncali View Post
    He was driving in his car with gps hit 50.7 and stopped.... lol.

Ill get it on video this week. I need to gps my mg anyways...
    wish your all were closer, I'de love to help get some sweet video of the one and only stock 50mph spartan

I could aways get almost 10 mph out of my bassboat with a nice chop...it does make a big difference. Don't laugh too hard.

I always have faster speeds in slight chop!

Most of the time it's almost flat calm...I agree, I will have to try again this week. I was very shocked and figured we could all use a pick me up for some hope on this boat. There is another guy ontraxxas forum. He said he hit 51.1????

Quote Originally Posted by JPriami View Post
    Did you bump your head? Or have they paid you to say that? Lmao
    Just because it was really windy today and the water was choppy. And these conditions helped the boat do 50 mph I'm not saying anything like oh yeah your right traxxas. Habahahahahah
    Dosent count downwind of a 20+ mph gust pushing the boat over 50.

He still did it. But good luck doing it on a calm day

Shaun you still did it and congrAts. I'm not here to knock you or say you didnt do it. I'm just not saying traxxas was right lol.
    LOL a did they pay me to say that.
    I was been sarcastic. Come on JP you know better than any one that on stock gear the boat will never hit 50mph without something out of the ordinary.

But on that note have you seen the random posts that have been made on the traxxas forum of new members talking so good about the spartan and how they hit 49 or 50mph and that they don't overheat. Now those guys are geting paid or are on their payroll.

Hey my hobbyking spatoon was clocked at 50.1+

Can you give me a link to that spatoon everyone is talking about?

Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by JPriami View Post
    how much cheaper are they from Hobbyking?

If the mods at the traxxas forum find out about how we are behaving here they just might have to send the repoman to take our boats back.

Well here is a real question
    The brass bushing on my strut is a bit worn out now and y wanted to know if any one has had bearings or something like that done to the strut or even changed the bushing mabye.

Ya well bad news, i went to run today and YUP, it sputtered at slow speeds and didnt feel right, so i brought it back in removed my lipos and put the NIMHs in and drove around for 1.5 minutes. No sputtering on NIMH packs but when i hit throttle twice it did nothing, I brought the boat back after the 1.5 minute run and the packs were 180 degress and melting the caseing. I SEE A PROBLEM, maybe the ESC is bad, I called traxxas and sending it in. I dont want another ESC blowing up in my face, something was wrong, let them test it. NOW, they are all out of ESC's with no ETA. NOW WHAT????? now it might be time to find a motor and a water jacket thats in stock....SO, 50 MPH is a ONE TIME DEAL!!!!!

I would try a new esc and see what that stock motor can do

hahahaha, spartan: 50mph out of the box!**

**one time only

sending in the motor and esc only, just in case

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun78 View Post
    sending in the motor and esc only, just in case
    motor to?
    that sucks!
    how the hell did traxxass get low or mid 50's out of this thing and then without buring up!!

Can you give me a link to that spatoon everyone is talking about?
    If you contact traxxas they will be happy to give you the link and details....

They are hobby kings sister company!!!
    Last edited by bbosncali; 04-04-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    motor to?
    that sucks!
    how the hell did traxxass get low or mid 50's out of this thing and then without buring up!!
    They got one run that's all they needed!!!!

Hey! you guys are behaving badly, I'm going to notify Peter at Traxxas! Hello Peter....Peter are you there?.......uhm Peter? Well, he seems to be out of the office today but rest assured I will leave a message. You've been warned!

PETER! We're at DEFCON 1 over here! Damage control, we're taking on water! We're going down Captain Pete.....quick get the word out that all is well.....buy some time so we can abandon project "SOS". They're all going down..... ahhhhhhhh, the humanity! :sinking:

has anyone noticed, Peter has not returned to these forums lately

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast