Thread: Lipo disposal...

Default Lipo disposal...

So I am pulling out the lipo's from last year and I notice one of my 4s batteries has some type of nick on the actual battery casing and it is puffed up pretty badly yet the battery shows a good charge. Do I:
    A. Quietly toss it in the trash and hope it catches fire after the garbage truck is long gone? How are are those people in the refuse industry dealing with stuff like this showing up in their dump???
    B. Take it out for one more run to drain it pretty good and then toss it in the trash?
    C. Snip the wires and put it in salt water for a day or two? I have heard this, but never tried it,
    D. ?

SAlt water then the local hazardous waste depot or wherever you recycle batteries. Some hardware stores have used battery boxes near the front door.
    Try an electronics recycling place, they deal with cell phone batteries.
    Anywhere but the dump! PLEASE!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Quote Originally Posted by siberianhusky View Post
    SAlt water then the local hazardous waste depot or wherever you recycle batteries. Some hardware stores have used battery boxes near the front door.
    Try an electronics recycling place, they deal with cell phone batteries.
    Anywhere but the dump! PLEASE!
    Wow...so you work for the refuse industry? Just kidding around...

I used to run an excavator many years ago, once a month I had to go to a dump on a reservation and burry whatever was thrown out, car batteries, guns, dead dogs, paint, old motor oil! it was sick! The contract paid pretty good, government work.
    The bears were a lot of fun though! Hated the rats!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

local hoby shop has a salt water bucket and i dumped one in there the other day....bubbled like crazy lol..i have heard of garbage trucks burning up though...not sure why though
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

OR.......

Make a 'what not to do with lipo batteries' video. lol. Remotely short the pack out, obviously somewhere nice and safe, and video tape it going up in smoke.