Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sv27 GPS Speeds!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    FWIW, I think at the Valdosta SAWS this past weekend Chris Harris did a verified 49.9 mph for a two way average record time with a SV. This was in the "modified" class.
    Actually the 49.9 mph was in the open class, Modified was 44.3, and stock was 39.
    some very good numbers I think for all the classes

http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/fefor...5&d=1208662857

These are verified on the lights and are likely the best numbers out there. They are also two-way averages, which likely represent the best "true" speeds for a boat.

So it gives you pause when you see claims of 50 mph SVs!!!

I know for a fact that my SAWS speeds are lower than what my GPS says. Keeping a boat on the water for 2 consecutive passes really tells you what the boat is doing as opposed o the single virtually instantaneous max speed that a GPS records.

Oh, and I fixed the error in my previous post. Thanks for getting me straight on that.
    Don't get me started

that is very true in testing before i went to the saws this weekend I ran 45.5 with my sv in modified trim with the gps and at the event that same setup only got me a 41.9 average. so the setup I used to set the 44.9 in the modified class was completly different. Im still surprised that the hull can handle 49+mph.

Mind sharing your set up? Motor/ESC/battery/prop???

My SV with stock gear on 4S1P / 25C 3300 / x440-3 runs GPS at 39.2 best speed. I figure it would be 35 - 36 on a true SAWS run.
    Don't get me started

Sure I was running stock aquacraft motor and esc, 2-2s 7.4v 5000mah flightpower packs, and a prather 230

How did they define stock/modified/open??
    Don't get me started

FWIW, I think at the Valdosta SAWS this past weekend Chris Harris did a verified 49.9 mph for a two way average record time with a SV. This was in the "Open" class.

Chris Harris did not run a SV at FE-IV... Reed Eagle ran an Open class SV at 49 mph
    TeamFubarRacing, Winter Park, FL

Sorry if I got the names wrong. I corrected the errant post. Regardless, that was a screaming speed for an SV!!!
    Don't get me started

Sorry if I got the names wrong. I corrected the errant post. Regardless, that was a screaming speed for an SV!!!
    it's also interesting that Reed's SV27 was a [2s-2p] set-up... not a 4s package

i'll let Reed give the details of the set-up

Ron

What modifications did "Open" allow?? Anything goes as long as it was an SV hull?
    Don't get me started

What modifications did "Open" allow?? Anything goes as long as it was an SV hull?
    must have origional hull bottom and top... anything goes, be creative

Here are the rules for this past weekend and possible other races.

2. BOX STOCK. Just like the boat comes out of the box. For power ...any NiHm cells ONLY and you may upgrade your prop to metal as long as its a Grim Racer prop, only. Any adjustments are acceptable so long as they meet this general guideline.

3. Mod Class. must have Original boat hull and lid, SV motor, SV Strut and Rudder, any power - Lipo allowed. Plus any prop, any esc or radio. No restrictions on turn fin or tabs.

4. Open. Must have original Hull bottom and original lid. All else is legal. Be as creative as you can. Go Fast

Quote Originally Posted by TerryC View Post
    Be as creative as you can. Go Fast
    That about covers it!! You guys did just that!!
    Don't get me started

These are verified on the lights and are likely the best numbers out there. They are also two-way averages, which likely represent the best "true" speeds for a boat.

So it gives you pause when you see claims of 50 mph SVs!!!
    ...wish I could've been there. Makes me feel pretty good that I'm doing the speeds I'm doing though...whether people believe it or not.

Just the difference between GPS "max" speeds and the average of two passes on a 330 foot course.
    Don't get me started

understood.
    ...not looking to debate. Especially since I wasn't able to attend, and bragging isn't really my thing.
    ...and unfortunately my fast "Open" SV doesn't have a class to race in since I have a bigger faster boat for Pmono this year.
    Why am I not racing my bada$$ SV in Pmono this year? Because admittedly none of my boats is more difficult to drive than my SV going Pmono speeds, especially running an oval in 33" boats' wakes ...Taught me a ton about driving though.

Still...I'm bummed, I would've liked a chance to put my boat through the lights. Perhaps I coulda been a contenda...?

My sincerest congrats to all the record breakers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ctonez View Post
    Still...I'm bummed, I would've liked a chance to put my boat through the lights. Perhaps I coulda been a contenda...?

My sincerest congrats to all the record breakers!
    Corey,

Maybe it's time that Puget Sound Fast Electrics hosted it's own SAW event?? Lake Tyee might work if we could catch it on a calm weekend... definately long enough...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Another great idea from Darin?!? How does he do it?

I officially second the motion.

-Corey

i remember seeing a sv27 hull split in half and had about a half inch or so cut out and then put back together, looking really low profile.

Question Aqua Craft SuperVee27 Brushless vs ProBoat Brushless Formula Fasttech

I recently just signed up on this site as i have been reading for information on alot of rcs, and the reviews people write.

Im looking to buy a new boat, i now have a Traxxas Villian. When i first got the boat it was fast because i was new to boats. Now being a little more skilled, im looking for something FAST!!!!! BUT ELECTRIC

Ive been reading and reading about the AquaCraft SuperVee and the ProBoat Brushless formula fasttech. I dont know which one to buy, i have heard alot of things not so positive towards proboat, as well as the supervee27. They also look very close in speed, but ofcourse i would like to figure out which one is actualy fastest.

If anyone could help me with my decision, or if anyone has any kind of information that i may not know about i would appreciate the response.

SORRY ABOUT THE LENGTHY POST. ITS MY FIRST POST

Feifao 8xl, hydra 120A, k45 prop, 4S1P lipo= 46.4mph on garmin with witnesses

Quote Originally Posted by Mich. Maniac View Post
    Feifao 8xl, hydra 120A, k45 prop, 4S1P lipo= 46.4mph on garmin with witnesses
    Who had the GPS.... I don't remember seeing a GPS.... We'll have to ask Kenny.....j/k

I seen it
    Vortex 22 hydro ammo 36-50
    Vortex Cyber Storm 33 P spec Mono AC 36-56
    PT SS-45 Q-hydro Neu 1527/1Y

wow, other than a saw setup I am the fastest??? Nice thing is I can wip the corners like nothing. Im suprised there arent any faster than mine. I should put a 48mm prop on and prolly hit a nother mph or so.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about sv 27's in this forum.
    Last edited by 62 bugzilla; 06-27-2008 at 12:35 AM.
    SV 27,brushless mini vee,renegade rigger,twinstorm,micro drifter,super hawaii , 1/12 miss budwieser

Sorry about that. Had too many threads open and dropped this into the wrong one.

I've done 53.7 on GPS in oval trim in a club race. Ammo 2300kv and a 437/3 blade. No pics, but several witnesses, including the Neu-powered Delta Force driver that chased me until he passed me on lap 3.
    Does that count?

obrien went 47.1 so far
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

we did 49.7 with and ammo 2600 and a grim 45x68, told my cousin that prop was to big...after a few runs poof...speedo and one 2s pack
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

The biggest problem is keeping the damn thing in the water. lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast