Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sv27 GPS Speeds!!

Default sv27 GPS Speeds!!

Tell use YOur SV27 speeds clocked on GPS.Show Pics To back your Speeds up if its more than 40 MPH or more.Tell your setup

Clocked mine at 29MPH today.All Stock 12 3600 Ni-Mh cells DTX.OSE water jacket.
    S.S.R.C-Southern Style Radio Control

The fastet I GPS was 35.1. I dont bother anymore but that was my best with a
    X642 prop and a matched set of 7.4V IB3600's. Adjusted and tuned but basically stock/beefed cooling.

14 cells ftw... dont have a gps but i runa x640 on 14 ib3600 cells and i dont think the prop is balanced or sharpened haha.

get that prop balanced before you mess up your motor and driveline. plus the boat will run better.

45.1mph on a real windy day.

repeated a week later with two over 40 runs (no pics though)

I ran an ammo 2300kv motor
    ose trim plates
    ose cooling jacket
    stock ESC
    octura x440/3
    ib4200 14 cells

Stock motor and esc, IB4200 12 cells warm off charger, x440/3, strut neutral, tabs neutral, rudder full under, rain danced hull, on light chop, 40.6mph & 40.2mph.
    Same setup on glass 37-38mph.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    Stock motor and esc, IB4200 12 cells warm off charger, x440/3, strut neutral, tabs neutral, rudder full under, rain danced hull, on light chop, 40.6mph & 40.2mph.
    Same setup on glass 37-38mph.
    Rain Danced? Scuffed or Waxed? Never heard that term?

I think that is a hull wax not sure

Raindance is what you put on your windshield of your car. works well on boat hulls.(used it before myself)

Stock SV27 with 4S1P of 3300mah Lipos and modified X646 prop - 43.6mph in a 5-lap P-Mono heat race...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Was that with the stock ESC??
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    Was that with the stock ESC??
    Yes...........

It seems as if the 646 prop works well on the SV

4s on the 646? Isn't that pushing it a little bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Koblitz View Post
    4s on the 646? Isn't that pushing it a little bit?
    I suppose for some it might be... keep in mind that I mentioned it was a "modified" X646... And remember also that it's not just about the cells... it has more to do with the KV of the motor combined with the cells... The SV27 motor is only about 1700KV... so on 4S were only talking about 27,200 RPM... That's mild in my book... and this is a 6-pole motor with gobs of torque... It really didn't appear to be a problem...

Temps after 5 hot laps of racing and a cool-down were:

Motor => 126-degrees (with stock SV27 cooling jacket)
    ESC => 108-degrees
    Cells (4S1P Poly RC 3300mah 20C cells) => 96-degrees Used about 1850mah total (right around that figure anyhow...)

Ambient temp was only about 65 that day... and the boat was setup loose for racing...

Not trying to get a contraversy going... It is what it is... The GPS read 43.6 for that heat... and 42-something for the heat that followed with a different prop... Go figure...
    Last edited by Darin Jordan; 01-24-2008 at 01:20 AM.

NICE

how modified are we talking?

The 3700's I posted on battlepack.com under clearance were 3700 at 20c and 4250 at 18c so they were both at like 70 to 100 amp continuous but they looked like the same packs. Well the 3700's did anyway. Try going on battlepack.com and looking under close outs. and the 3700's were only like 50$ and the 4250 18c's were only like 60 I think. The site isn't working for me either now?
    Last edited by Dale Koblitz; 01-24-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Rain dance Is a car wax & RainX is the stuff you put on your windshield!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

FWIW I finally got a GPS speed on my SV today. 36.7 mph.

Stock motor and ESC. X440/3 S&B. PolyRC 25C 3,700 packs, 4S1P.

I still like this boat. Tons of fun and I'll run it anywhere!!
    Don't get me started

no gps but got a video tho,,, make a guess how fast was that run , i got no ideam myself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5nEiAroBP4
    ~known is a droplet, unknown is the ocean~

The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

i got 28mph with the garmin. im running propel 14cell 4500mah. Graupner CF45 prop. Everything else stock.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/100_1088.jpg
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/100_1087.jpg
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t94/bfggamer81/j.jpg
    Last edited by supervee1981; 02-19-2008 at 01:02 AM.

supervee, that speed sounds a little low for 14 cells, even with a CF45. is propel the name of the battery brand? if so, i've never heard of them. mind if i ask where you picked them up?

also, how is your boat set up? rudder raked under or back, position of the trim tabs, angle of the strut? i imagine you should at least be able to get into the mid thirties with that setup.

yeah it is a little low. I have it all stock except the batteries i got from ebay. They are good quality batteries. I have both turn fins on, maybe thats slowing it down. Those batteries are heavy as well, which makes the boat run real deep and wet. Maybe i should go lipo?

the cheap batteries is you problem with speed sv1981
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

Quote Originally Posted by supervee1981 View Post
    yeah it is a little low. I have it all stock except the batteries i got from ebay. They are good quality batteries. I have both turn fins on, maybe thats slowing it down. Those batteries are heavy as well, which makes the boat run real deep and wet. Maybe i should go lipo?
    nice pain job on the hull tho, yeah u should try lipo batt instead , they change the whole ride of your boat , play with your CG to get her stable , watch my video in the earlier pages , i was runing much of it stock condition too just 2 blade props , kekeke
    ~known is a droplet, unknown is the ocean~

I think something else needs to be changed before you necessarily consider using lipos. On 14 cells, you should be able to get almost up to 40 even! Your rudder should be tucked full under, trim tabs probably neutral or a little positive, and turn fins pretty much vertical. your strut should be level with the bottom of the hull.

as for battery placement, you might want to consider placing your batteries a little closer to the transom on 14 cells, but definitely not any further forward than the stock positions.

that you say the boat runs real wet makes me think that those trim settings i mentioned above need to be looked at before a change in batteries.

however, i would be suspect of batteries purchased off of e-bay, especially a brand that doesn't sound familiar. that's not to say those batteries aren't great, but they could also be the culprit.

check your trim settings first though!!

I was sent a set of the propel 4500's by Tenergy to try. This is what I have found. They are a true 4500 pack. They do hold up as far as heating up. The cells do not hold up with good voltage at the amp draws of the sv. That is the problem. Yes they work and yes they are good to sport around, and yes I feel they will last and they do stay cool. I tested them, fresh off the charger at only 25 amps the pack drops imeadiatly to UNDER 7 volts and 2 min in its way down like 6 1/2. Put them in something that drains less and they last a long time but still lack the punch. So hearing 29mph using them does not surprise me at all. A good set of IB3600 packs will blow them away. My favorite packs are still the IB3600 packs even over Lipo's.

My guess is that these are the batteries...

http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=1830

If you are going to spend the money on another set of batteries, you might as well just kick out a few more dollars and buy some lipos.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast