Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Formula Fastech Brushless Deep-V RTR from Proboat

Looks ok. But like the BJ26 video...You see no high speed turns in the video. And I am sure like the BJ26, it does'nt do WOT turns very well...........

But again I will say.....For 300 bucks..what do you expect?
    Fast Electric and Fast Ford's / V8 Mustang Enthusiast

From the Original boats website...
    http://www.formulaboats.com/fastech/1121114-imron.aspx

Proboat could have chosen one of the better paint schemes that would have a wider appeal. The boat looks great with these other options.

Quote Originally Posted by FE_Chris View Post
    Looks ok. But like the BJ26 video...You see no high speed turns in the video. And I am sure like the BJ26, it does'nt do WOT turns very well...........

But again I will say.....For 300 bucks..what do you expect?
    I think it will turn better.
    My guess is the guy running the boat is used to running a Pro Boat "steerable outdrive" boat for a video shoot. He's just driving it by habbit I'll bet.
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 02-12-2009 at 07:31 PM.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

jesus you guys are acting like typical internet haters
    the boat is semi-scale and looks pretty much on the money if you ask me.
    I think it's a cool idea and nice that they didn't just on the fountain band wagon.
    (btw I am a fountain fan but everyone seems to go that route) (win on sunday sell on monday)

anyway cool boat if you ask me (but yes proboats quality is not there yet, they need to step it up)
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

just watched the video and I say thumbs up for a fun boat
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

I don't think we're hating. Just expressing some personal views. I think the boat looks like it runs pretty good. But...But...The color. It doesn't match my wardrobe. :D

I think it will turn better too.....But still....well, I guess I can't really hold that against it. For the money, it's not a bad deal if it performs. Personally, I think the colors are OK, but not great.

Im sure your right about the outdrive, which baffles me because the TC31 and SW36 both have decent hardware....Why not use some of that for the electrics?

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    I think it will turn better.
    My guess is the guy running the boat is used to running a Bro Boat "steerable outdrive" boat for a video shoot. He's just driving it by habbit I'll bet.

I would have to say that i dont really care for the colors but thats not what really matters to me, what matters to me is how well the boat will run.

I just got a reply back from Proboat stating that it was offered only in this color/paint scheme at this time. All in all, if the boat runs good and handles well, it may be worth the purchase. You can always paint it to suit your taste. It would be interesting to see how well it performs. Alot of people didn't like the BLBJ 26 at first, but alot of us have warmed up to it and modified it to perform well.

The HotRod yellow paint is just bad @ss.

Quote Originally Posted by SJFE View Post
    The HotRod yellow paint is just bad @ss.
    not to mention the babe in the yellow bikini

i just got back from the boat show(full size) in Chicago and there was one of these sitting at the Formula booth. i saw it and was immediately pulled towards it by unknown forces. That was the first time that i saw this boat and i was surprised that it was Proboat, it looks rather toyish. i entered the drawing to win it anyway.
    some first impressions, i can't quite remember but i think that the "paint job" was stickers. don't quote me on that because i really can't remember(should have taken some pics). it also looks really small and the motor just looks like a monster sitting in it. despite the bad graphics, it has some really cool scale appeal, like the windshield, the railings, and the cockpit.
    thats about all i can remember
    Last edited by jrod2292; 01-20-2008 at 09:06 PM.

If the "paint" is stickers that means all you people beyatching about the paint can just peel the "paint: off

Quote Originally Posted by jrod2292 View Post
    i just got back from the boat show(full size) in Chicago and there was one of these sitting at the Formula booth. i saw it and was immediately pulled towards it by unknown forces. That was the first time that i saw this boat and i was surprised that it was Proboat, it looks rather toyish. i entered the drawing to win it anyway.
    some first impressions, i can't quite remember but i think that the "paint job" was stickers. don't quote me on that because i really can't remember(should have taken some pics). it also looks really small and the motor just looks like a monster sitting in it. despite the bad graphics, it has some really cool scale appeal, like the windshield, the railings, and the cockpit.
    thats about all i can remember

For first time buyers it looks pretty good. I presume it is a white hull with decals. I remember buying my first electric Kyosho boat and was satisfied with it at a speed of about 15mph. It encouraged me to look at building my own project the next time. Since then where did my money go

Douggie

exactly, but i'm not completely sure. either way, i want one!

i don't know about first time buyers, its not really priced right. if its really gonna sell for 300$ then that puts it at more expensive than most other rtr electric boats on the market. i really hope they drop the price so that it at least competes with the supervee.

i like it id buy it i even like the paint i might even put a barbie in it with a lit fire cracker duck taped to her head (BOOOM) ya

Then whats a good v bottom boat?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12