Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Geico & Mystic Epoxy Hatches

I've been glued to the window, patting down the mail man when I see him( i think he's starting to like it), and checking my mail box 2 times a day since you said you mailed it

I think by the time the canopy breaks she's due for a new theme. Mine has turned a weird yellow anyways. This is a huge welcome as I run with 3-4 other Geicos and its hard to tell who is who a lot of times. I think I'm going Amsoil team themed

go ahead and add me to that long list. could a fin be added to the top to make it look like the current 1:1 MG?

Quote Originally Posted by JackBlack26 View Post
    I've been glued to the window, patting down the mail man when I see him( i think he's starting to like it), and checking my mail box 2 times a day since you said you mailed it

I think by the time the canopy breaks she's due for a new theme. Mine has turned a weird yellow anyways. This is a huge welcome as I run with 3-4 other Geicos and its hard to tell who is who a lot of times. I think I'm going Amsoil team themed
    Hold off on your paint decision until you find whats in the box.
    USPS shows it yesterday at 645pm an hour north of me, so dont look out the window too much today, then the mrs gets all upset that you made smudges on the glass, etc etc... Im guessing tomorrow or Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    go ahead and add me to that long list. could a fin be added to the top to make it look like the current 1:1 MG?
    I dont see why you couldnt add a fin.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Hold off on your paint decision until you find whats in the box.
    USPS shows it yesterday at 645pm an hour north of me, so dont look out the window too much today, then the mrs gets all upset that you made smudges on the glass, etc etc... Im guessing tomorrow or Friday.

I dont see why you couldnt add a fin.
    wha??? some sort of surprise in store? has anyone received theirs yet?

Only Rafaels has been shipped, so no, no one has recieved one. He has one of my BJ26 hatches though. He mentioned hes looking for some things and I had some things laying around he could use. That clears it up huh?

Tunnelvisions will go out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by lectriglide View Post
    Scott - please add me to the list. Been waiting too long for the stock on to be replenished.
    Lectriglide, I saw in the hatch thread in the PB section you have a factory hatch on teh way. Do you still want one of these? I layed, what I think is yours, up tonight, but I ran out of the epoxy topcoat so its about 30% as thick as usual. I typically do 2 pretty heavy coats, this one got one, not as heavy coat. Ill shoot some pics of it and post them up as soon as its out of the mold in the morning. If I need to re-do it, then I just made mine. The top coat doesnt do much but give it a finished look. And if your painting it, it acts like a primer to bite to once prepped. It really doesnt even need to be there at all if your going to paint it anyway....

Went to walk out the door today and almost stepped on MY BRAND NEW LID!!! The only thing that can be said about this lid is OMFG! Its the exact same replica of the original. Wow, Scott I truly cant say enough. The scoops, the widow, everything is exactly the same but about 100x thicker......I am a little disappointed that I didn't get a #1 inside with your signature next to it Would that have been too much to ask?.....But the Amsoil stickers made up for it. Looks like I better find some cool metallic flake silver paint now

Thanks again brother!!
    Last edited by JackBlack26; 04-07-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Giggidy Goo! Scott, how much do I owe you?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Went to walk out the door today and almost stepped on MY BRAND NEW LID!!! The only thing that can be said about this lid is OMFG! Its the exact same replica of the original. Wow, Scott I truly cant say enough. The scoops, the widow, everything is exactly the same but about 100x thicker......I am a little disappointed that I didn't get a #1 inside with your signature next to it Would that have been too much to ask?.....But the Amsoil stickers made up for it. Looks like I better find some cool metallic flake silver paint now

Thanks again brother!!
    Thank you! Glad you like it, at least I think you do... I wanted you to hold off so you didnt go buying decals.

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Giggidy Goo! Scott, how much do I owe you?
    Nothing until I lay it up and its ready to ship. The last one I did, as I said above, I ran out of the top coat. I popped it this am and the finish was even thinner than I thought. Im going to hang on to that one to modify it and make a new plug for a little different look. So I have to re-do electriglides, then yours is next. Id like to let it cure an extra day or two before I ship it to cold country. I will probably lay it up tomorrow and ship it Monday.

Tunnelvision, yours is shipped.

Lectriglide, I was not happy with the one w/ thin topcoat. It was reaaally thin, So Im laying a new one up now. It will be out of the mold in the morning.

Awesome Scott. I actually ordered the stock one before you "came back" into production, so I'll use it for a spare. I can run the DF29 and Jae21FE this weekend, but looking forward to getting your creation. You've got funds! Thanks for your diligence and efforts for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by lectriglide View Post
    Awesome Scott. I actually ordered the stock one before you "came back" into production, so I'll use it for a spare. I can run the DF29 and Jae21FE this weekend, but looking forward to getting your creation. You've got funds! Thanks for your diligence and efforts for all of us.
    George, thanks for the kind words and I recieved the funds. Thank you. I finished laying it up about 20 minutes ago.

Thank you! Glad you like it, at least I think you do... I wanted you to hold off so you didnt go buying decals.
    Nah, I hate it.........

Found the perfect place for the stock one held together with glass cloth.

Running out today to pick up some white primer.

Hey, thats only one thumb up, what gives???

Oh yeah, the other is holding the camera!!!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Nah, I hate it.........

Found the perfect place for the stock one held together with glass cloth.

Running out today to pick up some white primer.
    Sweet, keep us updated as Im sure you will. Oh, remove the pin and rear grab bars for a re-use before it hits the curcular file.

Hey, thats only one thumb up, what gives???

Oh yeah, the other is holding the camera!!!
    Theres still no excuse, most cameras nowadays have a timer on it.

Hahaha, I couldn't find the tripod to hold the camera or I would of given it 2 thumbs and 2 toes up, lol!

Scott, I pulled the pin and grab bars after the pictures was taken. The paint came off easily with an exacto knife. I already installed the pin. Installing the grab bars after paint. The bare metal will look good with the silver paint. Just going to put some clear over it, though it seems to be stainless.

Hahaha, I couldn't find the tripod to hold the camera or I would of given it 2 thumbs and 2 toes up, lol!

Scott, I pulled the pin and grab bars after the pictures was taken. The paint came off easily with an exacto knife. I already installed the pin. Installing the grab bars after paint. The bare metal will look good with the silver paint. Just going to put some clear over it, though it seems to be stainless.
    Good deal. Your on it, I wont suggest anything else smart guy

Aaaaaay the fonz is back!

Quote Originally Posted by dano1 View Post

Im really sorry to hear you have to get rid of your stuff Dan. Hope everything is ok and works out for you bud.

Quote Originally Posted by dano1 View Post
    huh?
    Nortavlag Bulc

huh?
    I helped him w/ a lot of set ups and fixing things via telephone, I guess Im the fonz b/c of that.

thanks man, just got to get some revenue packed aways, im sure i will start back in again but now is not a good time, am keeping all the batterys and chargers just in case

your a very helpful friend, and told me alot!!

Yours is in the mold

When I get mine I will eliminate the Tupperware sub hatch so I can put flotation inside this one.

Planning on using weather stripping around the perimeter, a front pin or tongue that is bigger than stock and posibly hatch locks in place of the magnets.

Just want a battle ready boat.
    Nortavlag Bulc

When I get mine I will eliminate the Tupperware sub hatch so I can put flotation inside this one.

Planning on using weather stripping around the perimeter, a front pin or tongue that is bigger than stock and posibly hatch locks in place of the magnets.

Just want a battle ready boat.
    Sounds like you have it all figured out. I just finished laying yours up. I'll de-mold it in the morning. Id like to let it cure a couple days before I ship it your way.

Sounds like you have it all figured out. I just finished laying yours up. I'll de-mold it in the morning. Id like to let it cure a couple days before I ship it your way.
    Please give it a full 7 days please.

I know it's no comparison to your work but, 2 canopies from Promise hobby still fail to fit after a few weeksa at home. Of course he uses cheap stuff comared to you. No comparison really.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Please give it a full 7 days please.

I know it's no comparison to your work but, 2 canopies from Promise hobby still fail to fit after a few weeksa at home. Of course he uses cheap stuff comared to you. No comparison really.
    I can do that. Does promise use cheap polyester and its shrinking or something?

Yeah it frikin shrinks.... Grrr... 2 canopies that I have to re-work to fit...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Default Price and finish options change

Up to post 32, Being "The Shaughnessy" prices will remain as they were.

After sitting down today, taking note of materials Ive used in the past, now that Im finally running out of them and knowing what this takes supply wise, I need to change some things around.

Im going to change how these are offered.

Finished in white epoxy topcoat will now be $50.00

No finish, just raw epoxy, will now be $40.00.

By no means am I making a killing on these. Selling one hatch is still not enough profit to pay for the materials on the next at the new pricing, but at least its closer. Two just does it.

Not to toot my own horn, but I feel the quality I try to put out is well worth what Im asking, and feel that others would back me on that. If I question something about a layup I do, be it finish etc, I do not sell it and I lay up a new one. I realize, especially garage work, may not always be 100% perfect, but I do my best to make it.

Thank you all who have purchased these so far and again for your patience. Im doing my best to get these out asap.

-Scott

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast