Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miss Geico 4s vs Spartan 6s

Default Miss Geico 4s vs Spartan 6s

Today I finally got my miss g in the water for her maiden voyage vs my buddies spartan... WOW what a great match up... he was running a stock spartan on 6s I on the other hand had I highly modified miss g with hobbywing 150a esc 4074 leopard 2200 kv motor offset rudder and octura x642... I also added some great stuff window and door foam non bowing worked great and reinforced the canopy with some fiberglass. I also set my batteries at 9in from transom. Wow was I impressed... I set the drive dog gap about 1/8th inch left everything else stock the way it came so there is still room for improvement but absolutely no wah wah so thank you everyone for all your suggestions cause they worked great!!!! I also forgot to use hatch tape but had all most 0 water in it till the end when I lost my antenna tube so I had at most a teaspoon.. I was very impressed at how well sealed it was.... it was a very close race... out of the hole the spartan had me badly untill I plane up at about 5-6mph then she was gone... over all my mg was maybe about 1mph faster after I was on plane but he was also struggling with death wobble half the day so in the videos it was actually closer than it looks great match up!!! When I get my 2 3s lipos this weekend ill try it on 5s then 6s. We both used 5000mah 40c batteries. Ill try to post videos as soon as I can figure it out but over all very impressed considering I made no adjustment once she hit the water very very happy!!! My next run ill also try a prather s220. oh and the best part about my run today had to be the low temps even with the 40mm water jacket was only 72* and the esc was 69*
    Last edited by bbosncali; 03-30-2011 at 05:52 PM.

[IMG][/IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58wcdn7H4R0

my girlfriend needs to work on her camera skills we'll get some better ones next time out

how were your temps? u might try a m445 if u want to make it really go....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

only 72* on the motor and 69* on the esc i have a prather s220 would that be a better prop than the x642? im guessing im between 43mph and 46mph right now cause the spartan hits between 43mph and 47mph well 47 once but mid 40's all day on the gps

That motor can take more prop then a x642 liked mentioned. A m445 and that prather you have would work great but running 5s & 6s on that 2200kv motor unless your running SAW its just not the best choice! That would be a very VERY hot setup and I wouldn't recommend it especially being new to the hobby. JMHO
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    That motor can take more prop then a x642 liked mentioned. A m445 and that prather you have would work great but running 5s & 6s on that 2200kv motor unless your running SAW its just not the best choice! That would be a very VERY hot setup and I wouldn't recommend it especially being new to the hobby. JMHO
    What do you think about an X440/3 running 5s and 6s on this motor?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

What does SAW stand for? Your the second person to say that to me. I've been around rc for many many years mostly gas but this is my first real boat

Quote Originally Posted by bbosncali View Post
    What does SAW stand for? Your the second person to say that to me. I've been around rc for many many years mostly gas but this is my first real boat
    Straight A Way
    Fast passes for top speed runs
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I gotcha.... I don't think I'm gonna push the envelope with 6s but 5s would 642 be ok or do I have to prop down?

I know the new AQ cat with a Grim 42x55 on stock motor sees 47-50mph on 4s
    so stock AQ 4s vs stock spartan on 6s, the Aquacraft could run away from the spartan

I gotcha.... I don't think I'm gonna push the envelope with 6s but 5s would 642 be ok or do I have to prop down?
    try it for a fast pass, and check temps.. then go from there

Also would you suggest a lower kv motor then to run more cells? I have the 2 3s lipos on the way so I nees to find a use for them weather I change motors or prop down either way there has to be away to use them safely

Also would you suggest a lower kv motor then to run more cells? I have the 2 3s lipos on the way so I nees to find a use for them weather I change motors or prop down either way there has to be away to use them safely
    hey speaking of lower kv motors, did you ship out my new MG motor, esc, and card yet?
    Last edited by Brushless55; 03-31-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    What do you think about an X440/3 running 5s and 6s on this motor?
    Fully charged set of lipos at 6s your looking at 55,000 unloaded rpm's... That's a crap load... Even 5s is over 45k unloaded. You would def have to prop small. I myself wouldn't want to risk my motor/esc trying it. I stick to 4s on that motor. Chasing speed isn't worth blowing my setup.

Straight-A-Way racing. Meaning back 2 back speed passes. Goal is straight speed, but A LOT of stress on the setup. Not for the faint of heart and you have to have some $$$ in your pocket.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I know the new AQ cat with a Grim 42x55 on stock motor sees 47-50mph on 4s
    so stock AQ 4s vs stock spartan on 6s, the Aquacraft could run away from the spartan
    A Stock Miss Geico on 4S with an ABC 45x55 or a Prather 230 will do 47-50 mph as well... for 4 minutes on an Offshore coarse...

Offshore is going to be a BLAST this season!!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    A Stock Miss Geico on 4S with an ABC 45x55 or a Prather 230 will do 47-50 mph as well... for 4 minutes on an Offshore coarse...

It's going to be a fun class bro!
    I need to stock up on some 4s packs

Yes lower kv higher voltage. 1300-1500 kv range is good for 6s.

This will help you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

This will help you.
    Man, you keep coming up with good stuff bro

Man, you keep coming up with good stuff bro
    Properchopper posted that a while ago, thought it was cool so I saved it...
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Properchopper posted that a while ago, thought it was cool so I saved it...
    I justed saved it to

This will help you.
    Be sure to keep in mind, however, that GOOD Lipos will hold much more Voltage under these loads than the Nomimal 3.7V/cell, which is what that chart is based on... So, for 6S, for the first minute or so of the discharge, at least, you'll be looking at more like 24V, not 22.2V.... My Thunder Powers tend to maintain about 3'9-4.1V/cell under these loads for a decent portion of the discharge. That's some additional RPM...

sorry for being a dumb ass but wat is the term saw and hot set up??
    im running a cc1515 2200kv with a t-180 in a spartan and it runs great on 6s
    im thinking of doing the same set up in my mg when it finally gets here but run it on 4s.
    here is the vid of the s.h.i.t.b.o.x in action.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dTyfi8_agc

Quote Originally Posted by wilsta67 View Post
    im thinking of doing the same set up in my mg when it finally gets here but run it on 4s.
    The question is for how long before you get problems, At almost 49000rpm unloaded & probably more on new cells. It my be slightly faster than other set ups using 1500kv on 6s but i know which one will last the longer. Its not just motor & esc that your pushing at those revs but drive shafts as well. A hot set up is basically to high kv, to high voltage for that kv, To big prop for given revs, excessive amp draw. Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post

Really???? Then what am I doing wrong with my setup to only get mid 40's????

Quote Originally Posted by wilsta67 View Post
    What prop are you running with that setup??

hey speaking of lower kv motors, did you ship out my new MG motor, esc, and card yet?

Shipped it out the next day priority... tracking number is available at pp but you should get it today anyways

Really???? Then what am I doing wrong with my setup to only get mid 40's????
    Could be any number of things...

Based on past experience, You and I could be running the EXACT same parts, and your boat might be 2-3mph faster than mine, because there is a LOT in how those parts are prepped.

Could be I'm running fresher or better quality batteries. Could be that my batteries were warmer to start out with, which helps increase their voltage and amp delivery.

Most likely, it will come down to the props. My props aren't stock... they aren't just sharpened and balanced, and they likely have a little bit of tweaking and tuning on them to make them work...

AND, it could have something to do with it being part of my "job" with ProBoat to push the limits of the equipment to find out how much it can take, so I'm willing to push things to more critical levels than I'd recommend for the average user.

However, that 45x55 on there seems to be a "safe" setup (still pulling 70+ amps) that is good for 46-47 mph consistently... The Prather 230 pulled a few more amps, but showed 47-49mph on consecutive passes (EagleTree GPS).

There are a few other props that can work, but again, all of mine have been poked and prodded and tweaked and bent and thinned and ... and ... and ... so your results may vary.

The key is ARE YOU HAVING FUN!???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast