Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leopard 4082 1500KV

I can say Traxxas, but I try hard not to

I was referring to the Turnigy/Seaking ESC's in particular, and most ESC's in general.

One (hopefully) can assume the ESC in the Spartan is the exception, not the rule.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun78 View Post
    The Castle HV and ICE. Those things are like 300 and up. I dont have it in me to spend that kind of dough on a speed control to go 10mph faster. just me though
    Fast, Cheap or Reliable.... Choose 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    D just plays things on the more safe side..
    BINGO!

I rather spend the money up front on a esc that can handle the loads. My thinking is You run a t180 on 6s (been done before by many people some ok some not ok) so you have your $100 esc and your $100 motor. Esc goes poof on 6s possible taking the motor out with it. $200 up in smoke. Now you have to spend say another $200 just to get the same setup you had before, Your at $400. I buy a $300 esc & a $100 motor it's still $400 but my boat doesn't smell burned poop lol.... Just my thinking...
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

got a point. i havent heard of anyone here burning up a T180 yet but I am new to this

got a point. i havent heard of anyone here burning up a T180 yet but I am new to this
    It's happened. If you do a detailed search you may find some info of it happening, I heard about on a few occusions a while back on this site and others. They are AWESOME esc's they truly are, but like anything when you push it too it's absolute max things can happen and reliability goes down.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post

I rather spend the money up front on a esc that can handle the loads. My thinking is You run a t180 on 6s (been done before by many people some ok some not ok) so you have your $100 esc and your $100 motor. Esc goes poof on 6s possible taking the motor out with it. $200 up in smoke. Now you have to spend say another $200 just to get the same setup you had before, Your at $400. I buy a $300 esc & a $100 motor it's still $400 but my boat doesn't smell burned poop lol.... Just my thinking...
    I'm starting to think about putting in better esc's with higher V rating, so as to have head room in the esc..
    What about this esc?
    240V 12s
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12442

I'm thinking of this for my Thundertiger with a CC1717..
    I will mostly run 5s and 6s, but I do want to run up on 8s from time to time just to make the gas guys
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I'm starting to think about putting in better esc's with higher V rating, so as to have head room in the esc..
    What about this esc?
    240V 12s
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12442

I'm thinking of this for my Thundertiger with a CC1717..
    I will mostly run 5s and 6s, but I do want to run up on 8s from time to time just to make the gas guys
    That esc is this esc: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...ef-sword-240hv
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Oh wow!
    I'm helping a friend build a 41" Cat on 10s and we were going to buy that esc but Steven is out of stock
    so that's a good one then?
    maybe I'll get two, one for him and one for my Thundertiger
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Now I think I want a 4082 1600kv. Why r these motor hard to find?

Now I think I want a 4082 1600kv. Why r these motor hard to find?
    Increased demand due to all the Spartans being upgraded??

Or just general increase in sales with the return of spring/summer.

Kevin

because i bought stock on leopard hobby.. lol

wish so
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by JPriami View Post
    because i bought stock on leopard hobby.. lol

wish so
    Speaking of Leopard Hobby, I notice they are getting their site back in order with more data pages now available again.

Also seem to have a lot fewer models available, or maybe just not updated on the site yet.

Kevin

Just an FYI for those interested in the Leopard 4082 1500kv.

I ordered a Leopard 4082 1600kv and received the communication below from HiModel prior to them shipping.

What it comes down to is Leopard Hobby is re-badging the 4082 1500kv as a 1600kv motor.

So when the next batch leaves the factory in a few weeks they will be marked as a 1600kv motor, but actually nothing has been changed, still the same motor as the 4082 1500kv.

Kevin

Before shipping the order, we need your confirmation on the KV of the motor, the one we have in stock now is marked 1500KV, but it will be marked as 1600KV since next batch, please confirm will the one marked 1500KV will be ok with you? (As notified by the manufacturer that 1600KV will be marked since next batch, so we change our website specs to 1600KV, and only changed back to 1500KV today to avoid confusion like this)

Please confirm if we can go ahead to ship the one marked 1500KV, if not, then please advise what do you prefer to deal with the order, it may take several weeks till the one marked 1600KV to be available in stock (the motor actually not changed, only because the motor is more close to 1600KV than 1500KV, so they want to mark it as 1600KV instead)

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Apr,11,2011

Thats loco essay
    Hey man you want to buy my Mercedes? Dont mind that kia logo on there it looks just like that kia but its a Mercedes man.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

Loco indeed LOL

I think I need one of these 4082 1500/1600 motors. Any idea when they will be restocking?

Sounded like HiModel would be a few weeks getting them in.

Kershaw Designs shows them in stock. http://204.186.93.64/BrushlessMotors-Leopard.htm

Kevin

Ooops, post over, same site as mavdriver suggested.

Ok. Im just going to put a 4082 and a turnigy 180 in a seperate power module mount. That way each time the traxxas stuff fries I just unbolt it toss it in a box and send it to traxxas. Then bolt the new setup in and keep having fun. I'm also going too keep track of time and expenses each time I do it. Probably going to organize a class action lawsuit against them if they don’t do something to resolve this issue. There's enough people on the web to get it organized, and I have the resources unlike a lot of the kids getting burned.

Quote Originally Posted by spartanonfire View Post
    Ok. Im just going to put a 4082 and a turnigy 180 in a seperate power module mount. That way each time the traxxas stuff fries I just unbolt it toss it in a box and send it to traxxas. Then bolt the new setup in and keep having fun. I'm also going too keep track of time and expenses each time I do it. Probably going to organize a class action lawsuit against them if they don’t do something to resolve this issue. There's enough people on the web to get it organized, and I have the resources unlike a lot of the kids getting burned.
    I would love to get my money back on mine that I've never run

Hang tight. I'm sure you are not alone. For now they are going to keep replacing mine until they come out with a proper replacement for the poorly engineered crap it came with.

Leopards been restructuring, and getting new help and new reps. Its now worked out, so motors should be coming.

As far as the 1500 / 1600 debate goes. Thats another story. I was told something much different by my Leopard Rep. But time will tell on what is what.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Leopards been restructuring, and getting new help and new reps. Its now worked out, so motors should be coming.

As far as the 1500 / 1600 debate goes. Thats another story. I was told something much different by my Leopard Rep. But time will tell on what is what.
    Are you going to let us in on what you were told?

Kevin

Hang tight. I'm sure you are not alone. For now they are going to keep replacing mine until they come out with a proper replacement for the poorly engineered crap it came with.
    Yeah well I call Traxxas today and the friendly rep told me they might charge me to replace the crap motor that over heated , i did all the cooling mods , bigger tubing lines drill out the rudder , first of all why in hell do I have to do that ? it should have work right out of the box as far i`m concern this boat was false advertisement fron the get go , the motor got Hot after a 4 mins run when it cool off it was turnning so it didn`t lock up is actually free wheeling I think it demagnatized anyways I sent the motor back will see what happens if they decide to charge me to replace the motor , well they can keep it , might have join that lawsuit , after all , i also have replace all the components so I can have fun

I would raise holy hell with them if they told me that! Charge me because they built a POS?!?!?! Every supervisor at Traxxas would fear my calls before I would let them pull that BS on me. There would be a claim at the BBB filed so fast a Spartan motor and ESC wouldn't have time to go up in smoke. AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by dag-nabit View Post
    Are you going to let us in on what you were told?

Kevin
    I can only say that they are making me some 1500's. When they come in, I will test a 1500 and 1600 when I get a chance to see, whats what.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I would raise holy hell with them if they told me that! Charge me because they built a POS?!?!?! Every supervisor at Traxxas would fear my calls before I would let them pull that BS on me. There would be a claim at the BBB filed so fast a Spartan motor and ESC wouldn't have time to go up in smoke. AGAIN
    So will I mean time waiting on there response will shall see anyways give them a chance to respond as long as they are replaceing the bad e units i`m okay was that IMHO the HuLL is fine for what it is .

I see they finally got around to deleting your thread over on the Traxxas forum.

Just like you said, they can find the time to monitor, censor, and delete threads and posts they don't like, but can't find the time to communicate on line with customers.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by dag-nabit View Post
    I see they finally got around to deleting your thread over on the Traxxas forum.

Just like you said, they can find the time to monitor, censor, and delete threads and posts they don't like, but can't find the time to communicate on line with customers.
    Kevin
    That's very interesting

Yeah...well peter suddenly appeared and was like what thread...and was there traxxas bashing??? That's why I saved a copy of the thread. I responded to him in the other users thread and directly on his wall. We'll soon find out if they legitimately care about taking care of the customer or if they are trying to brush this all under the rug.

it's like they only respond when it is convenient to them...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast