Thread: ** SX-4000 2S SAW Set-up **

Default ** SX-4000 2S SAW Set-up **

I received the hull last week and have started to gather all the parts to set up the boat to run SAW. I found the recommended Lehner 1920/5 ( Thanks Don ) and today in the mail from OSE came the Swordfish 200amp ESC, Hyperion 2S 45C 5000 mah Lipos and a Hyperion EOSO720i ( I needed a new Charger ) I also got the Big Etti Cap Board but I'm not sure it will fit. I'm still waiting on a few parts and my goal is to get in the water next weekend. So the set-up will be:

SX-4000
    Lehner 1920/5 6270 KV
    Swordfish 200
    2S 45C 5000 mah
    V937

Any comments or advice would be appreciated. Phil

Last edited by Philmunsterman; 03-26-2011 at 10:30 AM. Reason: add pic

Very sweet,Phil. I have rigger envy.Good luck with your build. Hope to see it in action.If you ever come south,we have a very smooth lake we run at that would suit your rigger nicely.

Cool build Phil. You might want to try the low voltage cap bank instead. It's shallower.

Tyler

Cool

1P or 2P? What speed are you looking for? Current records are in the low 90s IIRC.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Larry, I may come check out your pond sometime. You Guys should come over to Frank Holten Park one weekend. I'm on a mission to show the Gas and Nitro guys that Electrics can really run. The best they have seen is a UL-1.

Tyler, I don't think I'll have room for either Bank. How do you think the Swordfish will hold up with out one ?

Fluid, 1P. I'm not going to guess on the speeds, I'll know more when it hits the water next weekend.

Phil,

Give it a shot without the extra cap board and using a small prop for the first runs. If the caps on the swordfish come in hot, it would be a good idea to add additional ones.

Instead of using a prefabed cap board you could just solder on additional caps to the Pos and Neg leads from the esc. See pic.

Tyler, Thanks for the pic. Right now the V937 is the only small prop I have. Most of my props are left over from my Gas Boats.

Looks good Phil. Can't wait to hear that little lehner scream.
    Hpr 115, Neu 1521 1.5d x2. Delta force Pirate, Insane 45" Neu 2230

Spent a few hours on Saturday getting the Rigger all set up. If I can get the Wire Drive this week it should be in the water this weekend ! I will try to have my son shoot some video. No room in the boat for my GPS but I just traded for a Garmin Radar Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Philmunsterman View Post
    Larry, I may come check out your pond sometime. You Guys should come over to Frank Holten Park one weekend. I'm on a mission to show the Gas and Nitro guys that Electrics can really run. The best they have seen is a UL-1.
    Awesome!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I had a chance to take the Rigger for a quick test run this am. Not great conditions ( very windy in St Louis ). We went to a small pond and just made a few 1/2 throtle passes to check things out. All went well. Dry and low temps. Now I need a calm day to take it to the big lake and open it up !

Sweet design what kind of speeds you expect?

I try not to guess at top speeds. The original Hull ran in the mid 90's. I will find out what the current set-up will do when we get some calm weather here in St Louis. That little Lehner is a Screamer !

Phil;

Don't Let Ken or Chucky see it run at full tilt,
    they might get FE envy. LOL

Carl

Will get you at least one wire drive out by Tuesday. 937? Yikes! 6500KV? x 7.4...eeeek....48,000 rpm? I will drill her as deep as I can captain! May even try brazing one and loctite the other...see which one holds! LOL

Just got two new Wire Drives from Jeff and they look great. If the weather is ok I'm going to try and get a few runs in tomorrow.

I found a video on line of the same boat and setup that I'm running. I still can't get any decent water to open it up. I'm going to the lake tomorrow to give it another shot.

http://www.rcline.tv/video/364/sx-4000-von-graupner