Thread: Radio distance

Default Radio distance

As recomended by others forum members I bought a Airtronics Mx3 2.4 radio system for increased range in my boats and car over my Hitec FM. I have found that the advertised 1000ft range is not true on water. I can radio check at over 150 yards on land with no problem {with boats}even with the antena down and never had an issue, even with my car, but the boats always seem to loose contact far away and then pick up/reset again. Airtronics is telling me that being on water will have less distance. Im thinking that mabe the boat is farther out than I think since large bodies of water make things seem somewhat closer than they really are ....who knows. Anyone run into range issues with there 2.4 radios on water?

Cool

I can run my race boats out to a measured 100 yards with the FASST PK4 and never problem. No reason to run farther out, that was just a test on cool-down laps. With my older, original Spektrum 2.4 (not the current version) I occasionally had problems at closer range, in carbon hulls mostly.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

buy a cheap $20.00 flysky radio like this one here they go great in boats my range with my tactik radio was short flysky 2.4 i have not lost range yet!

top 3 radios on the page spend 25 bucks FREE shipping!
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/flyskytxrx.html
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

I am starting to think that i am sending my boats out alot further than im thinking. I will try and get a "foot" count as to the distance. My problem at one paticular lake is that I stand at the end and bring the boat towards me. At my big lake I stand in the middle and have the boat pass me. Im guessing 100yards to my left and 100yards to my right, not 200yards to me. With my car I will also stand in the middle. I will check this out today. Sweet z28 those are some low priced radios for sure!!

I will enter into this fray wiith the adage you get what you pay for...I use a Spektrum DX3S (marine ability) with marine receivers.

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    I will enter into this fray wiith the adage you get what you pay for...I use a Spektrum DX3S (marine ability) with marine receivers.

Douggie
    Not always true!!

I will bet my Ko propo mars, mars R (not shown) & EX10 helios equipped with the flysky 2.4 modual and there $7.00 RX's will keep up or even out do your spektrum radio...I had spektrum no difference felt from the 2 that's why i sold all my spektrum and went with Flysky 2.4 in the KO radios!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

You have to be fair in comparisons that is not a marine Spektrum system but your system looks good for the bucks.

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    You have to be fair in comparisons that is not a marine Spektrum system but your system looks good for the bucks.

Douggie
    Also had the marine spektrum in a brushless shockwave 26 no differance...and hated all those antennas!
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM