Thread: 1/8 Hydro Castle 2028 setup help - Guru's needed!

Default 1/8 Hydro Castle 2028 setup help - Guru's needed!

Hey guys, got my big Hydro fitted with a Castle 2028 and now a new 6516 3 blade from Dasboata.

I need some Hydro setup help please. Had her running decent with the Prather 270(1st vid) but the lift of the 3 blade is changing her up. Got the same speed out of her on 3/4 throttle with the 3 blade.............didnt wanna to push her til she ran right.

Shouldnt have lowered the strut 3mm from original position before trying the 3 blade........

Should I raise the strut back up a bit...???....make sure its neutral.....???

Older Vid with Prather 270

New vid with 6516 3 blade..........hopping but revving out way more.

NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Cool

Too much lift from the prop. Raising or lowering the strut will probably not help much. The 270 has more nominal pitch than the 6516 does but it produces much less lift so it does not hop. The 6516 has more rpm because it never hooked up and is slipping a lot. Things to try:

- Make certain that the strut is dead flat - put the boat on a FLAT tabletop resting on the sponsons and the strut. The strut should rest flat on the table, no down angle at the prop end.

- Shift the CG back a bit to put more weight on the prop, this will help to counteract the prop's lift.

- Send the prop back to Chris and have him take out some lift.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thanks, i appreciate the help. How deep should the strut be...........should i put it back to the original position 3mm higher, then make it flat from that point? From my perception the 6516 did hook up and go well when it was on plane...........56mph means its hooking up somewhat, right, the big prather managed 59 at its best.

Will this prop work with fine tuning elsewhere, or do i need to get the 6717??
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Cool

You should be in the high 70s with either prop, so I think that those are just not appropriate props for your setup and they are lugging the motor down. Using props recommended by gas guys is usually a bad idea. Gas engines have a LOT less rpm that FE does (16,000 vs 25,000) and they usually have too much pitch for a high-rpm FE motor. Your 9S setup should be spinning around 23,500 rpm loaded. I use x462s on my 10S cat and mono (41" + 45") with speeds in the mid 60s. You probably should have props with between 3.4 and 3.6" of pitch to go 65 mph. The ones you are using have over 4" of pitch and are lugging the motor down. Try an x462 or x465 and see how they run.

An example occurred just last weekend. A fellow club member and I were out tuning our boats for a Divisional race tomorrow. He had changed the motor in his P Sport Hydro to a higher rpm version, but he kept the same x645 prop. The new boat went 46 mph and sucked the amps hard. I suggested he prop down a lot, so he stuck on my x442 and the boat ran 57 mph, no other changes. He was just lugging down the motor with the big prop.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

You are a big help Jay, thanks. For the sake of playin' with what i have at the moment, the 270 is an actual 68mm now, should I take it down to 65mm and maybe detongue it a bit?

My first try other than the 270 was an Octura 1460, wouldnt even get on plane.

My next consideration will be the x4 series you have suggested.

by you some carbon props from steve buy a k60 a k57 and a k62 in know theyre not exactly the octuras xseries but they are very similar but youl save alot of cash with all the experimentation then you can know what is right and spend real cash on getting the stainless or brass equivalent.You could easily spend 200 dollars goofing off with finished props. A 457 3 might be worthy.

When you recieved you 2028 did you get any real specs?