Thread: Blackjack 26 makeover

Default Blackjack 26 makeover

Well im about to start the makeover.Consisting of new hardware on back,moving batteries down in hull,paintjob,and whatever else comes along while doing all this.My idea on paint is gonna be like the general lee.It will be flourescant orange,instead of the numbers 01 on the sides,they will be 26.The rebel flag will take up the whole flat part on the top.Instead of saying general lee on top and bottom of the flag,it will say Blackjack on top,and twenty-six on the bottom.My painter is asking me if i want it smooth on the bottom,or somewhat textured.Smooth makes it stick to the water,textured will create air bubbles between boat and water to help with speed.Any ideas?I will post pics as i get further along into it.Im just now in tear down,then have to ship boat to friend in virginia to do the paint work.Any ideas on any of this or additional improvements are appreciated

I would do the paint LAST. Drill all your holes and fill the others, mount everything and then strip it down for paint. Only a suggestion.

thats my plan right now.just getting all the old hardware off,getting ready to order the new and do some test fitting

Be sure to check out the thread entitled "fixing the blackjack handling issues".

Hey Tiqueman,
    I'm interested in your hatch for the BJ.
    I looked through the other threads but did not see any mention of the hole for the antenna. ?
    Are the 2 boats in your picture running using 2.4 with the antenna below the hatch (within the hull)? Please advise.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Needs one of these for the full make over

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=18856
    Indeed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick Davis View Post
    Hey Tiqueman,
    I'm interested in your hatch for the BJ.
    I looked through the other threads but did not see any mention of the hole for the antenna. ?
    Are the 2 boats in your picture running using 2.4 with the antenna below the hatch (within the hull)? Please advise.
    Thanks.
    Yes, they are now 2.4. But at one time they were not. I velcroed the antenna in the tube along the top inside corner of the hull. It worked ok, but I had glitches now and then. I dislike antennas, tubing, etc as I like my boats to look as scale as possible. If you need to keep an antenna outside, I recommend getting one of the transom mount antenna holders and not put it thru the hatch.

Tiqueman... I love the look of your canopy, it really makes the blackjack look sleeker.. But can you tell me what your canopy weights? The stock one is about 127 grams...
    thanks,
    Joe007