Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Sprintcat! FighterCat Goes Ligit!

Default Project Sprintcat! FighterCat Goes Ligit!

He he. I bought a genuine bonafide SprintCat. Not a copy, not a lookalike, an actual Sprint Cat. Dees is niiiiiice.

I don't know what to do with this thing though! The gelcoat is so nice I don't want to touch it! I can't find the made in china decal anywhere!

Really, I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet though. Single, Twin? I have hardware for both. Single, HV, 10s/12s? Twin LV 6s?

I have a pair of T600's and T180's, was thinking about twin 6s 1400kv. I've been wanting to get a Swordfish 240HV and a big NEU motor, which this may be a good excuse to...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

There is a guy on RC Groups that will do a full wrap for $90 or so....He does incredible jobs. I may have my Sprint done soon.
    Team Liquid Dash

Sweet! Have you tried turning the hatch around?
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    Sweet! Have you tried turning the hatch around?
    Yes, it doesn't quite sit as well as it does this way, but it does look better backwards I think. It wouldn't seal though.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

I knew I had seen pics of someone doing that, but wasn't sure if it could be run that way. Either way, sweet hull. Looks like it wants twins. Heh
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
    There is a guy on RC Groups that will do a full wrap for $90 or so....He does incredible jobs. I may have my Sprint done soon.
    Do you have a link or email to this guy?
    did he do your Hydro
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Hmmm. A wrap sounds interesting. I'm not going fancy though. I like simple and clean.

I have a buddy that does fiberglass/paint work, I may just have him do a nice, solid color or two tone with some decals.

A single 1527 on 5 or 6s 2p will pu you in the 60's. Twin 1515 1y's, into the 70's. I have done both setups, and I love it both ways. My favorite hull! Wait till you see how well they handle. WOT at 60 plus in 6 inch chop is no problem, even ripping wot hairpin turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    A single 1527 on 5 or 6s 2p will pu you in the 60's. Twin 1515 1y's, into the 70's. I have done both setups, and I love it both ways. My favorite hull! Wait till you see how well they handle. WOT at 60 plus in 6 inch chop is no problem, even ripping wot hairpin turns.
    Yeah. This is the hull project I was aiming to copy earlier in the year. Finally got around to picking up the right hull.

I think perhaps I'll try twin 1400kv T600's, T180's on 6s2p aiming for a 5k watt setup. RPM ~32k Might even get away with a 450/3 pair? I'm not sure how to FECalc a twin. But it looks like it might work.

Yea do the twin t600 1400s!! I have to put my MM with those on hold till june. I move back to school tomorrow. I am plannig on getting 2 sets of 3300mah 45c batts on 6s for next year to keep the weight light for highspeed runs.

I like the 450/3 idea!
    If you were to get two 240hv's or castle ice's you could run 447s on 8s and go nuts. Just thoughts tho.
    Goodluck!

Go with a single 5692 1090kv leopard and run her on 8s..... thats waht I would do... that way you can still use the sponsons for the batts and it will be a fun easy boat to run... reasonable cost too! plus I wanna see a big leopard in a hull this size....

Quote Originally Posted by JMSCARD View Post
    Go with a single 5692 1090kv leopard and run her on 8s..... thats waht I would do... that way you can still use the sponsons for the batts and it will be a fun easy boat to run... reasonable cost too! plus I wanna see a big leopard in a hull this size....
    Planning on a 5692 in a DF40 KO. Waiting to see how Forescott does his. =)

What esc would you use for the 5692?Cant find any amp ratings on it.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    What esc would you use for the 5692?Cant find any amp ratings on it.
    http://www.himodel.com/electric/LEOP...BP5692_2Y.html

Much abliged.Didnt realize there were so many different Leopards.Ill get ahold of Pete soon for a motor mount.And do more research on stringer installation.

Sorry for jacking your thread Ben.I just realized what I was doing.Brain fart.

Still planning on Twin 4030 1400kv outrunners on 6s.

The big question is... Hydra 240 or Seaking 180?

I'm also thinking I should figure out a good Lipo strategy. 4x 3s 5k 45c?

Seaking will prob be more reliable on 6s. I run 1p per motor in my twins. Your setup should work well. I'll be running single 6s1p 30c 5000mah per side on my current build.

Seaking will prob be more reliable on 6s. I run 1p per motor in my twins. Your setup should work well. I'll be running single 6s1p 30c 5000mah per side on my current build.
    I agree... I have 5 of em... actually now 6 since I aquired another in a woodstuff tunnel I bought from mike... and the seaking/turnigy 180's are very reliable...

Hey Ben, did you get this straight from Aeromarine? Is it the 36 inch version?

Thanks
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    Hey Ben, did you get this straight from Aeromarine? Is it the 36 inch version?

Thanks
    Yeah, it's the 36" hull

How is she coming, Ben?

How is she coming, Ben?
    You reading my mind or something?

I just got the bench setup and the epoxy is drying on the motor mounts!

I'm going to go with twin 1717's, Hydra 240's and try for 450/3 L & R on 6s2p

F- the water cooling on the motors. I have two 40mm 12cfm fans I'm mounting on them.

That's almost enough air to make it a HOVERCRAFT!

I was thinking about drilling the motors end caps to help air flow. Thoughts?

The main reason for skipping the cans, besides availability is size. They won't fit. The 1717's BARELY squeeze in.

Quote Originally Posted by FighterCat57 View Post
    You reading my mind or something?

I just got the bench setup and the epoxy is drying on the motor mounts!

I'm going to go with twin 1717's, Hydra 240's and try for 450/3 L & R on 6s2p

F- the water cooling on the motors. I have two 40mm 12cfm fans I'm mounting on them.

That's almost enough air to make it a HOVERCRAFT!

I was thinking about drilling the motors end caps to help air flow. Thoughts?

The main reason for skipping the cans, besides availability is size. They won't fit. The 1717's BARELY squeeze in.

what about the air 1717's? i have one of each... I paid the money and kept the one they accidently sent me... figured for $70 I would find something to use it on.... looks promising for air cooled setup..?

what about the air 1717's? i have one of each... I paid the money and kept the one they accidently sent me... figured for $70 I would find something to use it on.... looks promising for air cooled setup..?
    It's got a 6mm shaft and my couplers are 5mm. 6mm-078 Octura's are unobtanium.

silly reason, huh?

anyone notice the typo in the title of this thread? (legit)

"legit" On the motors fitting.. I know, I tried it with a cooling can on. No go. That sukka's gonna scream!

Quote Originally Posted by FighterCat57 View Post
    anyone notice the typo in the title of this thread? (legit)
    Not 'till you mentioned it.

I'll be following this build. Been wanting one of these myself but too many other projects in the mix right now.

Some photos; Something tells me I wouldn't be able to use my old laptop case as a carry on any longer...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeeeeeze! Two 1717's are gonna be nuts!

And if u ever need to sell this boat let me know first! With 2 240's you could put a couple Huge Leopards in there down the road a little bit!

It is gonna scream!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast