Thread: miss geico or blackjack 26

Default miss geico or blackjack 26

Ok I've been tossing up about 20 differnt boats and have narrowed it down to either the mg or the bj. I definetly want a cat and I'm really leaning toward the mg. Which is faster out of the box? I've already ordered 2 2s 5000mah 40c lipos and have the money just can't decide. My friend is pushing me to buya sartan like his but I want something different Please chime in id love to hear everyones opinion thanks

Miss Geico, hands down... it's a better handling boat, and has MUCH more speed potential. It's a bigger boat so it'll handle larger water. I don't know if anyone has REALLY tested the speed potential of this hull yet.

The BJ26 can be fast too, but only in a straight line...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Thanks coming from you that really helps my descision

i have both,the mg does handle alot better all stock,i finally put a gps in mine yesterday,im running 2s 5000 45c in the mg,and 2s 5000 40c in the bj,mg has a 42x55 prop,and the bj has a 40x53.the MG went 34mph and the bj went 38.My bj might be coming up for sale in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by dirty View Post
    i have both,the mg does handle alot better all stock,i finally put a gps in mine yesterday,im running 2s 5000 45c in the mg,and 2s 5000 40c in the bj,mg has a 42x55 prop,and the bj has a 40x53.the MG went 34mph and the bj went 38.My bj might be coming up for sale in the near future

That's not nearly enough prop on the MG...

Please bare in mind... the motor in the MG, while appearing the same as the BJ motor, tests out at 1500KV, vs. the original BJ26 motor, which measures a tad over 1700KV... We still aren't sure why that is.

However, the IR of the MG motor is lower, and it has a LOT more torque, so you can pull a hell of a prop with it.

Try putting a 45x55 or 645 on the MG and then measure the speed. Or, if you really want to push things... an X447 or Prather 230... Just watch the run-times and keep an eye on temps. AND, KNOW, that you will be pushing that 45A ESC well beyond it's listed amps... probably pulling upwards of 80A continuous, with spikes above 95...

It'll be FUN though!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."