Thread: Tactic Radio Problems?

Default Tactic Radio Problems?

I'm thinking about a Tactic 2.4 Radio system for my boat. I currently have a good Futaba 2.4, but too much "stuff" on it I never use. My problem is that my mean machine is wrapped on the inside of the hull with carbon fiber all the way to the top of the hull.... Since the Tactic 2.4 radio receiver has no antenna will this cause a problem? Anyone have problems with that receiver due to the lack of an antenna?

I have always wondered about that also.

I have never had a single glitch from the Tactic receiver but none of my hulls have a carbon layup. It will be interesting to here from members that have tried this.
    "IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT AND THOUGHT A FOOL THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT"

I never had a problem with the tactic other than range my boats would rech a certain distance and then stop .
    I switched to the flysky GTB3 and the cheap $20.00 2.4 radio systems they worked great so far and also go much further than the tactic radio i have not gone out of range yet with the 2.4 flysky stuff.
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Im running a tactic in this boat with no issues:

I just saw the flysky stuff and it's advantage seems to be that the receiver has an antenna, I wished the Tactic had an antenna.

Kieth,
    Does the carbon fiber go up the sides of your boat, or does is just cover the bottom of the hull?

All of my boats have carbon floors in them. No issues with the tactic. I like the tactic because it does NOT have an antenna! Haha. Go figure, eh?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by D&D View Post
    Kieth,
    Does the carbon fiber go up the sides of your boat, or does is just cover the bottom of the hull?
    All the way to the top. Its 2 layers as well. Im not sure how it would do if I mounted the rx in the sponson but I havent had any problems where its at now.

I switched to Tactic because I like the idea of having no antenna and still outperforming other rxs that have an antenna. (Not saying they outperform all other rxs, just the ones I had).

EDIT:
    Just to be clear, I dont have carbon on the bottom of the top side. It DOES go all the way up the sides though.

The Tactic RX is a beauty but I do not like the pistol controller (rotary pot controls) , as I run multiple boats and it can be a pain in the arse to setup for each boat. It is great for a dedicated boat though....just my 2 cents.

Douggie

Thumbs up

Here is what i did...
    Got my self a old KO PROPO MARS and put the flysky 2.4 modual in it and now i have a awesome radio and can buy 2.4 receivers for $7.00 a pop!
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZ28 View Post
    Here is what i did...
    Got my self a old KO PROPO MARS and put the flysky 2.4 modual in it and now i have a awesome radio and can buy 2.4 receivers for $7.00 a pop!
    You did exactly what I did with the ASSAN line. You get a radio that has multi-model memory and receivers are dirt cheap when you compare to everything even the Tactic, good decision.

Im pretty sure one would only have a problem with not getting a signal is if the hatch itself is re-inforced with carbon fiber.If the hatch is just fiberglass alone,you should be fine even with the hull having CF layed inside it-even all the way up the sides.This is only my opinion of course.See if a friend will lend you his Tactic system for a few minutes and test it out.Then,you ll know for sure.

I certainly agree with that! I can't believe they haven't come out with an upgraded tactic transmitter with multi model memories, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    The Tactic RX is a beauty but I do not like the pistol controller (rotary pot controls) , as I run multiple boats and it can be a pain in the arse to setup for each boat. It is great for a dedicated boat though....just my 2 cents.

Douggie
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

My cat has carbon/kevlar floor and carbon fiber hatch, the rx tactic is out of range just for a few meter run, so I just add the antenna wire to the rx (2.4ghz wire) and it works fine but be sure to put the antenna outside of the hull.
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

WHERE do you attach an antenna to the tactic receiver? What do you mean by "2.4ghz wire"?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    WHERE do you attach an antenna to the tactic receiver? What do you mean by "2.4ghz wire"?
    I try to get the picture of it as the rx is damage by accident as I forgot that cc bec can handle only 6s max, so I put 8s so you know what happen. 2.4ghz antenna wire should be use, other wire like those am & fm will not work.
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

here is the photo on how the antenna is installed, require the antenna resistor to be removed first.

Very interesting. Where do you get that kind of wire? How long should it be?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Very interesting. Where do you get that kind of wire? How long should it be?
    can get from here http://www.himodel.com/radios/150mm_...vers_2pcs.html

or if you have a defective 2.4ghz rx, the antenna can also be use. The length is not important, just as long as the wire protruding outside the hull just like the normal 2.4ghz rx. The most important is the top end of the wire which already being cut. Sorry for my bad english but Ihope you can understand what Im trying to say

Hi tower hobbies has the 6channel tactic RX's for $19.99 they show a photo and they have a antenna already... you can probably use one of these.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LW6039&P=E
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Tower site says it will only work with their TTX404 Stick type transmitter. Too bad. I wish they would upgrade their surface transmitter with some model choices, etc.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com