Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look what happened today...

Whats the best packs? Who makes them?

Good question what are the lipo and Nimh pack everyone is having the best luck with

venoms get hot on runs and will melt the wraping, (happened to me) , but other than that their fine, the only thing i don't like is the 6c discharge rate but i do get londer run times, so i use them in mt scat cat in rough water, so i can slower over the water and have time to have fun with it.

Bad URL. Got another one?

Quote Originally Posted by gaboulware View Post
    Has anyone tried www.excitebatteries.com for LiPo's. I am looking to upgrade from NiMH to LiPo. From what I hear stock set up with two 7.4v 3300mAh and a balanced x642 prop I should see mid to high 40's. Also, does anyone recommend a good recreational LiPo Charger?

Just having fun on the pond

Don't waste your money on a 'recreational lipo charger" . Get a good one. One that will never be obsolete is the Xtrema. It's $189 but it will charge up to 10S, 8A lipos! Mini Cat Racing sells them. www.minicatracingusa.com

Has anyone tried www.excitebatteries.com for LiPo's. I am looking to upgrade from NiMH to LiPo. From what I hear stock set up with two 7.4v 3300mAh and a balanced x642 prop I should see mid to high 40's. Also, does anyone recommend a good recreational LiPo Charger?

Just having fun on the pond

I never realised that venom battery's were so dodgy, I have never used them myself but I have see n many guys running them in lso boats. They ran really well too.
    Come to the FASST side

Has anyone tried [url]. From what I hear stock set up with two 7.4v 3300mAh and a balanced x642 prop
    IMO if you change the prop its no longer a stock set up
    stock is what comes out of the box prop and all!

I share your opinion but most people are saying you can change the prop and still be stock. Not sure about running lipos being stock though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    IMO if you change the prop its no longer a stock set up
    stock is what comes out of the box prop and all!

Quote Originally Posted by STERLO 92 View Post
    I never realised that venom battery's were so dodgy, I have never used them myself but I have see n many guys running them in lso boats. They ran really well too.
    A friend of mine bought the new E-maxx and some Venom batteries it ran ok. I let him use some IB 4200's the performance was a big difference, then I handed him a 4s pack to try, he was disapointed that he bought those Venoms.

Quote Originally Posted by FL-E-Boater View Post
    I share your opinion but most people are saying you can change the prop and still be stock. Not sure about running lipos being stock though!
    A poorly done metal prop can be worse than the stock plastic one therefore it wont run like the stock set up. a properly done prop will yeild better results than the stock plastic one. but than its not the stock is it.

Lipos or Nimhs... they are a power source and the esc is set up to take either if you get the program card!
    Last edited by Jeepers; 05-17-2008 at 06:18 PM.

I like my 2s 8k MaxAmps packs and Hyperion DUO charger. Just got my 3s 8k packs, now I need the Hydra 120 so I can swap motors and really tear up my boat. MaxAmps has a 8k 25C cell now too. They called me the other day because a charger/battery combo I ordered for a TRX 'Pede comes with TRX connectors instead of my usual Deans. How's that for on the ball customer service?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12