Thread: BlackJack flipped, took on water, how much damage?

Default BlackJack flipped, took on water, how much damage?

So on my spring maiden voyage yesterday I got a bit eager with the throttle in rough water and flipped it. The hatch was sealed but flew off, the back then went under water with the nose floating before I could get to it. None of the electonics were sealed, so I guess my question is how much damage did I do? Am I going to need a new ESC, receiver and lipos?

Ccheck LiPos for voltage. If voltage is here then they should be fine as long as they are not puffed. Receiver I would let dry in the sun. Should be fine. Stock ESC should be 100% water proof. Make sure to oil the bearings on the motor. Test ESC and motor one they are completely dry, AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Default Been there

Yes, I have done that also. My ESC was fine, dry out for several days, check Lipo voltage, my receiver was fine (now sprayed with Corrosion X). You may want to take your motor apart and clean it as it will rust inside and at least spray the bearings with lube or they will be shot. The motor just unscrews in the front use needle nose plyers, just dont go too deep, watch the shims on the armature.

Hello there;
    I also have a bj26 bl motor with a mystery 100amp esc.Last year mine went under,not all the way, but it filled the compartment with water.It was completely dried out for a couple of months.I just started getting it ready and when I powered it up the motor keeps beeping.I have checked all connections and they are all good.
    Would any one have an idea what might be wrong? Thanks in advance
    Al