Thread: Interesting new battery choice

Default Interesting new battery choice

I got a notification of these Lipos from hobbyking

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...&v=&sortlist=P

As I'm sure a fair bit of you guys did also, but they seem interesting. I didn't know there was a B grade and was wondering what you all thought?

Comments?Questions? Opinions?

Please share!

I got that too, I was thinking at 45c even if they arent that good they would still be ok, i have been using 25c turnigy lipos with no probs. maybe they just wont last as long as other a rated batteries.

Thanks for input !
    Good for sport running, but no spec on peak discharge.

Yeah, I got that email also. Personally, I would not bother with them. They are not that much cheaper so why risk it. The Turnigy lipos are priced cheap enough already, might as well get the best they offer.
    "IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT AND THOUGHT A FOOL THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT"

im buying from hobbypartz right now. free shipping and unlike hobbyking, when they took my money, they actually shipped an order which i was notified via email with tracking. hobbyking not so much

Well, I think the 5s one's are a good bit cheaper but wih the shipping it's still pretty close I suppose. Just wondered what were some general thoughts about these.

They are filed under 20c even though the case says 40c that tells me just buy cheap enough 20 c batteries they have some for like 17$

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    im buying from hobbypartz right now. free shipping and unlike hobbyking, when they took my money, they actually shipped an order which i was notified via email with tracking. hobbyking not so much
    The B grades may be what you are getting from them....................

"hexTronik usually sells B-grade batteries to smaller vendors who in turn sell online at a discount."
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    I just placed an order with hobbypartz for some lipos and they only charge $10 flat rate shipping up to Canada.Hobbyking was something like $45 shipping for pretty much the same order

I use the HK USA warehouse............cheap shipping to within the US
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    I use the HK USA warehouse............cheap shipping to within the US
    Yeah, they won't ship to Canada. Wish HK would open a Canadian warehouse.
    "IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT AND THOUGHT A FOOL THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT"

Quote Originally Posted by chummer View Post
    Yeah, they won't ship to Canada. Wish HK would open a Canadian warehouse.
    Not sure that would be "profit friendly" for them...............how much would shipping to Canada be for lets say, 4 2s 5000 lipos?? Stick 'em in your cart on HK USA warehouse and see what the shipping cost is..............just curious.

Not sure that would be "profit friendly" for them...............how much would shipping to Canada be for lets say, 4 2s 5000 lipos?? Stick 'em in your cart on HK USA warehouse and see what the shipping cost is..............just curious.
    Here are the shipping prices for 2X 4S 5000mah.

EMS Express to Canada (MAX 1.5kg) $41.78
    International (Registered) Air Mail 1.5kg $23.59
    SingPost AirParcel 2kg / 7-21Days $33.39

Thats from the USA warehouse????? Why would they offer Singpost from Washington state to Canada????

No standard shipping option?

I'd use 'em in an airplane that doesn't have the horrendous 'spikes' in amp draw that boats do but I wouldn't put one of these in a boat. Just my opinion. If you don't race, then go for it. It's not worth the small savings to me.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Thats from the USA warehouse????? Why would they offer Singpost from Washington state to Canada????

No standard shipping option?
    That's from the Hong Kong warehouse. Sorry, I misunderstood you. I can't order from the U.S. warehouse so I can't get a shipping price.

You are probably right. It is probably cheaper to get them shipped from Hong Kong rather than the U.S. but it sure would be nice to have a Canadian warehouse.

Craputer is sloooooooooowwwww tonight. Think I better give it a clean out.

Smart marketing, stops the "big brands" from saying rumors like HK uses all B grade cells that they rejected.....