Thread: ekos single drive maiden

Default ekos single drive maiden

maidened my single drive ekos today put it in the water pulled the trigger and it was very slow wouldnt even plain out, so i brought it back in swapped two of the motor wires and tried again, this thing jumped out of the water! i was very suprised no adjustments no tinkering nothing it just ran flawlessly i would estimate high 50s as i dont have a gps yet. is anyone else running a single ekos?
    anyways heres my setup
    leopard 4082 1500kv
    seaking 180 amp
    2 turnigy 4000 mah 3s 40c batts (6s total)
    futaba s3003 servo
    2000 mah 4.8v rx pack
    k 42 plastic prop

the only problem i think i have is when i plug the batts in to the esc there is a big pop of a spark is this normal im using 5.5mm bullets
    pics and video to come soon!

the only problem i think i have is when i plug the batts in to the esc there is a big pop of a spark is this normal im using 5.5mm bullets

The spark is normal. it is from the caps on your ESC energizing. There are some threads on it just search anti-spark, no spark etc.
    Nate
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

thanks ill look into it

Or...learn to enjoy the "POP" as you plug as I have....takes some getting used too...

Sounds pretty cool. Can you give us some pics of the setup?
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

heres some pics of the setup, very cluttered, two things i dont like about this hull
    1. the exhaust comes loose and leaks, 2. the green pinstriping comes off with the tape heres the pics lmk what you guys think
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks. I can tell you got this from a forum member here? I thought I saw that hull for sale a while back.
    Pretty nice. I like it
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

ya i got it from dangerous toys

any video of this sucker?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Sounds good
    Iv just converted the saga to single drive with scorpion 1900kv on 6s maiden run tomorrow just do the finishing touches LOL
    Would you say it handles better than with the twins