Thread: A New Look for a Fav Boat

Default A New Look for a Fav Boat

This was my winter project. . . and its completion will coincide with the re-appearance of water in its liquid form here in south-central Ontario. Almost afraid to run it in a pack now. . .

Just playing with a few ideas for decals on the newly restored hull. I want it to look sharp and uncluttered
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice, Whereabouts are you located?

Located in the Kawarth Lakes region, just outside of Peterborough. The main RC interest in the area is planes. I love the water and own a full size cruiser. Get out on it every chance I get. I've hooked up with a couple of other guys who have been at the hobby for a while, ENCOREMAN and Siberianhusky. Husky has connected with a couple of others so hopefulully we'll have a few outings this coming season.

Some more pics of the new paint scheme. . . and decal considerations. I plan on doing a final sand with 1500 paper before applying any decals and a couple of clear coats.
    Attached Images Attached Images

WOW I really like that! LOL everybody is only going to be doing solo runs until we get a few scratches!
    Soon! Just a couple more weeks and we should have some open water.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Talking

Thanks, Mark

I'm pretty pleased with the way it is coming along. Now for a final decison on the decals and then ask my graphic design son-in-law to run them off for me. I'll probably have to wait a little though since they just had their second child last weekend, a boy. That makes five supervee 27's Papa will need in his fleet.

Checking that lake out every day from my back deck. We'll be out there soon enough. Also awaiting my last shipment of batteries and EC5 connectors. They're sitting in Ottawa right now after landing in Vancouver three days ago.

I'll be painting the step-son's boat this weekend. He's been pretty patient about it but I think he's kind of glad that I did mine first so I won't make the same mistakes as I did on mine.

I like the paint man..
    and the 55 is a nice touch
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Thumbs up

Thanks, Brushless55. It has been a really rewarding experience. The 55 number was easier to decide on than paint colour and scheme . . . my birthday and my age. I liked waht siberianhusky did to his hardware and may be tempted to follow his lead but I'll wait to see how it all comes together first.

Thats funny I was trying to decide on a number, decided on 42 for the same reason, that and it's the answer. Don't know the question as they are mutually exclusive, according to the mice at least.
    Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy is one of my favorite series of books.
    Best line..
    "The president isn't there to wield power, he's there to draw attention from those that actually do."
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

makes me wana put a nice paint job on my white SV
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I have a white hull coming in a couple of weeks that will be my project boat for next winter. Since each one of the five sv's will be allocated to each of my five grandchildren the racing numbers will coincide with their respective birth years. I'll probably recruit their input on a boat name and colour. Should be interesting given the oldest is just eight years old and the youngest, eight days old. LOL. Papa-John will have veto power on the decisions . . . as he would in a sort of benevolent dictatorship.