Thread: International shipping of lipos???

Default International shipping of lipos???

Can anyone give me a factual definitive answer on shipping lipos OUT of the U.S.??? And by all means no offense to anyone but please no answers of "I've heard" or "so and so" says. I need definitive info and even links to that info would be a HUGE help. Have someone very interested in the four new Hyperion 5S 6500mah packs I have for sale but he's in Australia. I've posted this on RRR as well hoping for a real rock solid answer from someone. Thanks!!
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

http://lithiumbatterypackaging.com/uspostalservice.html
    also has sections for other shipping methods.
    hope this helps
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Quote Originally Posted by siberianhusky View Post
    http://lithiumbatterypackaging.com/uspostalservice.html
    also has sections for other shipping methods.
    hope this helps
    That helps a litle but there's still the part about "primary lithium (metal) batteries and cells" as elsewhere on the US Postal website appendix C packing instructions 9D they refer to "Primary" as non rechargeable and "Secondary" as rechargeable lithium batteries. That is the part that makes it hard to figure out......

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/DMM300/601.pdf

10.20.6 Secondary Lithium-ion (Rechargeable) Cells and Batteries
    Small consumer-type lithium-ion cells and batteries like those used to power cell
    phones and laptop computers are mailable with the following restrictions. Each cell
    must contain no more than 1.5 g of equivalent lithium content per cell. Each battery
    must contain no more than 8.0 g aggregate quantity of equivalent lithium content
    per battery. Additionally, each cell or battery must meet the requirements of each
    test in the UN Manual of Tests and Criteria, Part III, and subsection 38.3 as
    referenced in the DOT's hazardous materials regulation at 49 CFR 171.7. All
    secondary lithium-ion cells and batteries must be mailed in a firmly sealed package
    separated and cushioned to prevent short circuit, movement, or damage. Except for
    batteries installed in equipment, they must be in a strong outer package. All outer
    packages must have a complete delivery and return address. These cells and
    batteries are mailable as follows:
    a. Via surface or air transportation when individual cells or batteries are mailed or
    when properly packed with or properly installed in the equipment they operate.
    Cells or batteries properly installed in the device they operate must be protected
    from damage and short circuit, and the device must be equipped with an
    effective means of preventing accidental activation. The outside of the package
    must be marked on the address side “Package Contains Lithium-ion Batteries
    (no lithium metal).”

Futaba Team Driver

Good luck

I import large qty LiPo to Australia
    FedEx handle 20Kg (@45lb) of LiPo per pack from Asia to Australia/America/Europe..
    Their website details all Lithium mass and cell composition, and packaging requirements for travel. If your batteries have terminations, forget the deal.
    Wayne
    Adelaide
    Australia
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

From FedEx web site-

Yes, you can ship batteries via FedEx, including both "wet" batteries (such as an automobile battery) and lithium batteries (the type commonly used in laptop computers and other electronic devices). Batteries must be correctly identified, classified, packaged, marked and labeled. Additionally, the package must have a Shipper's Declaration for Dangerous Goods, completed and signed by a trained shipper.

trainer shipper?

No matter as the rates were outrageous.
    Futaba Team Driver

FedEx
    114US add 9.60 US security inspection fee, 45lb LiPo from Shindao to CA.
    Perhaps you could try via a company header..domestic I dont use.
    W
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @