Thread: MiniCat Hulls

Default MiniCat Hulls

I was curious,

I like my hulls to look perfect and I know it's always best to start clean from what I have read, but I've never done hull painting or sanding on one. So here goes; can a MiniCat hull be painted over with more clear coat of Krylon Clear Gloss or would that mess it up somehow? I would dread trying to sand it down and paint it all over again and have to clear coat it for some scratches. Or Can it be painted over with Krylon Flat White and then Krylon clear Gloss or does it still need to be sanded down?

Thank you kindly.
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 03-11-2011 at 07:31 PM.

i dont know the answer to you question sorry, im new to rc boats, but im wondering if you like your mini cat? i just bought one today and just wondering what others think

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyjet92 View Post
    i dont know the answer to you question sorry, im new to rc boats, but im wondering if you like your mini cat? i just bought one today and just wondering what others think
    I have said it many times on this board I love the smaller hulls for many reasons and the Minicats are awesome. The Starship is tops for ease of setup, speed and low cost upgrade and batteries.

So yes!

awesome, thank you. do you know by chance how fast they go stock, and how hard it is to replace the stock motor with a brushless?

awesome, thank you. do you know by chance how fast they go stock, and how hard it is to replace the stock motor with a brushless?
    For how fast depends which one you are interested in. As for motors they all come with brushless motors, but you can easily upgrade them with faster motors.

i dont understand what you mean by depends which one im interested in? but thats nice to know that they come stock brushless

i dont understand what you mean by depends which one im interested in? but thats nice to know that they come stock brushless
    None of mine are stock so I can't say how fast they would be stock. Also since there is more than one Minicat hull type means they are all different with different speeds. So when you ask how fast they are it depends which Minicat you are asking about. Some can be very fast stock depending which you are asking about.

The Starship is the rang of 35-40 MPH I would guesstimate. They hydro stock, I would say it was like 30 MPH on 3s which was too slow so I'm currently modifying it.

ok sorry i ment to say that i bought a mini wildcat http://static.productreview.com.au/p...2242712779.jpg
    haha im pretty sure they are completely different boats we are talking about here

The Mini Cat that Sweet Accord was referring to is a store/website. The Starship is by Tenshock, I believe - and it is an outrigger, not a cat. I enjoy the small boats as well, and have their carbon hydro. The mini cat you have (Jimmy) is a 'mini catamaran'. Looks like a nice one, too.
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

That boat pictured is the aquacraft mini wildcat, it has twin brushed motors stock. To upgrade it to brushless requires quite a lot of work.

To the OP, at the very least you'll want to scuff the factory finish with 800grit wet sandpaper and give it a very thorough cleaning before hitting it with another colour or clear.

Thanks wparsons!