Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spartan doing 57 mph

hell yeah!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Heck, Traxxas should put you on the cover of their magazine!! "First person to hit our claimed goal!"

Looks great!
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Heck, Traxxas should put you on the cover of their magazine!! "First person to hit our claimed goal!"

Looks great!
    but with a disclosure "using different prop"
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I think this poor RTR has taken more bashing before released than any....yet better looking than most and a sweet design for motor, etc.

That Garmin GPS is waterproof. No real need to place it in DaBaggie. Ditchin' it will gain you almost nothing in weight reduction though - - HAW !!!

Can't seem to load movie on my iPhone.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

^^ me too

We found out the hard way that the gps is waterproof ..... high speed rollover hatch came off even with tape.... recovered the gps in the bag that was full of water lol still gave us a reading of 54 mph thanks to garmin for building a great product we are still in business ....

Quote Originally Posted by JPriami View Post
    Can't seem to load movie on my iPhone.
    weird because it was filmed on the iphone go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    I think this poor RTR has taken more bashing before released than any....yet better looking than most and a sweet design for motor, etc.
    agreed but they should have worked the bugs out before launching... mainly the water flow cooling issue... but we did put this baby through the tests split my hull in two sank it twice blew flex shaft blew esc but hey thats rc world fun !!

strange, only a 2.6mph gain running a higher kv motor with a bigger prop

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    strange, only a 2.6mph gain running a higher kv motor with a bigger prop
    exactly what we were thinking ...

Less efficiency, and less torque^

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Less efficiency, and less torque^
    the motor they used is more efficient and I would think more torque vs the stock traxxas motor

It's more efficient in it's proper rpm range. 1900kv, on 6s?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    It's more efficient in it's proper rpm range. 1900kv, on 6s?
    I would think that Leopard motor would out run the stock motor even being a higher kv wind

if they were the same can then I could see it being less, but its a totally different motor

GPS reading are almost ALWAY off in the event of a crash. That would be part of the reason for the small difference. The 54 mph reading more than likely was not accurate. Also, like Rum mentioned, the motor may not have had the torque to drive the load that was put on it. For that matter the batteries might not either. Im not sure what your batteries are, but 1900kv on 6s will draw a butt load of amps. There may be more speed there if you can up the mah or c rating.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    GPS reading are almost ALWAY off in the event of a crash. That would be part of the reason for the small difference. The 54 mph reading more than likely was not accurate. Also, like Rum mentioned, the motor may not have had the torque to drive the load that was put on it. For that matter the batteries might not either. Im not sure what your batteries are, but 1900kv on 6s will draw a butt load of amps. There may be more speed there if you can up the mah or c rating.
    I think what your saying about the gps is correct
    the motor used in my opinion is a better one (much better than the stock xvl) and they used 6s2p
    video says two 3s 6400mah packs but the picture shows 6s packs being used

Yes, the Leopard is more than likely a more powerful motor than the stock vxl, but there is a big difference in load between 1600kv and 1900kv on 6s. I bet that setup pulls over 200A, and thats still only a 120A motor.

Yes, the Leopard is more than likely a more powerful motor than the stock vxl, but there is a big difference in load between 1600kv and 1900kv on 6s. I bet that setup pulls over 200A, and thats still only a 120A motor.
    I think your missing my point?
    most of us understand the load difference between a lower kv to a higher one on the same cells
    if he is pulling way more amps than the speedo can run, I'm sure it would pop
    even with the same kv Leopard vs the VXL, the Leopard should pull way ahead
    kinda like stepping up from the Leopard to a NEU 1521 1.5D on 6s

I am going with the thought of a bad gps reading

We did 3 seperate runs 2 different boats one is totally stock with the 440/3 octura prop got 54.4 mph 2 3s venom 6400 mah batts 20c with 30c max burst...... The other boat ran one run with the leopard 1900kv 120a sea king esc with venom 5400 mah with the octura x442 prop and got 54.6mph the second run same set up with 6400mah batts got 57 mph .... the fourth run is when it flipped and got 54 mph .. we will be running higher c batts and upgrading the esc to squeeze more speed .. this is my first boat and don't know a lot about boat set ups so any advice would be much appreciated ...

What were the water conditions? Smooth, light chop, med chop etc? I've found they run better in water with some med chop. Pulled 58.9 in those conditions.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by stolioni View Post
    We did 3 seperate runs 2 different boats one is totally stock with the 440/3 octura prop got 54.4 mph 2 3s venom 6400 mah batts 20c with 30c max burst...... The other boat ran one run with the leopard 1900kv 120a sea king esc with venom 5400 mah with the octura x442 prop and got 54.6mph the second run same set up with 6400mah batts got 57 mph .... the fourth run is when it flipped and got 54 mph .. we will be running higher c batts and upgrading the esc to squeeze more speed .. this is my first boat and don't know a lot about boat set ups so any advice would be much appreciated ...

in the video the batteries in the last part look like 6s packs in prallel?

in the video the batteries in the last part look like 6s packs in prallel?

they are venom 6400mah 3s

Quote Originally Posted by JPriami View Post
    What were the water conditions? Smooth, light chop, med chop etc? I've found they run better in water with some med chop. Pulled 58.9 in those conditions.
    it was smooth with some light chop.... nice speeds jp i have been following your videos nice runs man !!

I think your missing my point?
    most of us understand the load difference between a lower kv to a higher one on the same cells
    if he is pulling way more amps than the speedo can run, I'm sure it would pop
    even with the same kv Leopard vs the VXL, the Leopard should pull way ahead
    kinda like stepping up from the Leopard to a NEU 1521 1.5D on 6s

I am going with the thought of a bad gps reading
    No. More power from a motor allows you to turn a higher load. The only way the leapard would be faster than the vxl with the same kv and prop is if the vxl was already over its load limit because the effeciance will start decreasing.
    On the same thought, if the 1900kv leopard is over its load limit, it will also be less efficient. There are many scenarios where you could take the same can motor in different kv and the LOWER kv could actually run faster.

No. More power from a motor allows you to turn a higher load. The only way the leapard would be faster than the vxl with the same kv and prop is if the vxl was already over its load limit because the effeciance will start decreasing.
    On the same thought, if the 1900kv leopard is over its load limit, it will also be less efficient. There are many scenarios where you could take the same can motor in different kv and the LOWER kv could actually run faster.
    i was looking at a lower kv motor that could handle more volts so i was thinking higher volts more rpm? two 4s batts or even two 6s but i'm pretty sure i would need a hv esc to handle it ... i know that seaking makes a 80a hv that would handle 160 or 180a bursts but it doesn't make sense to me because if you were to run two 6s batts wouldn't that fry the 80a hv esc?

I believe what be both are saying is correct
    now placing a Neu 1521 1.5d (same kv as the Leopard used) on 6s would be

Why is it when a few guys see someone throw a bunch of volts at a high kv motor, and it goes REALLY fast for a few vids that everyone all of a sudden thinks it is a good idea?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast