Thread: Help, x642 bending over??

Default Help, x642 bending over??

A friend of mine that asks me for help on his rc boats a lot, just hit me with this one. I have never seen this before. His octura x642 prop, the leading edges are getting folded over. he calls it flatting the prop. He is running a genesis with a leopard 4082 kv1500 on 6s with a 180 amp esc. He is not over revving it. I am wondering if the shaft is too high or low causing cavitation doing this. Water is a very powerful substance.

He will send me a picture tomorrow.

Cool

He is either hitting stuff in the water or on the beach - or the blades were thinned too much. It is not "cavitation" since cavitation is what makes these props work. Some guys think that the thinner a prop blade is the better - not so. Here is a shot of a prop which was thinned too much. After thinning the prop can be hardened which helps prevent bending.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

He does not thin the props. I think he got a balanced x642 from steven here. He runs off his dock, so the beach is not the problem. The lake he runs on is very clean, there is no evidence of debris in the lake. Any other ides? maybe a bad prop? What is the proper way to harden a octura prop?

Cool

The S&B props Steve sells are thinned. Your friend's was thinned too much on the leading edge, it happens.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for