Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Vanquish

Quote Originally Posted by GP73 View Post
    Hey Diesel, are the trim tab mounted flush with the hull?
    The trim tabs are mounted slightly below the hull. I will be moving them up so they are flush with the bottom of the hull.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel2000 View Post
    then would you recommend to run a 5s with a higher kv motor?
    like the 1450kv or the 1500kv or even 4s with the 2200kv?
    that would put the ESC in a safer voltage zone?
    since I already have the ESC, I would like to still use it and make it last for a bit, and not burn it in my first run

and thanks for the advise
    I think (not 100%) sure Forescott ran a 180 with a leopard 5692 on 6s with good results. Like I said it's hit or miss some have had no problems others many problems. I just won't be risking it. The 2200kv would be too much kv for a hull this size IMO. I plan on running the 1500kv on 5s & 6s. You maybe able to get away with the 1500 on 5s on that esc. Not sure the speeds though which is why I plan on trying both 5s &6s on that motor. Hopefully that makes sense.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Bummer, I guess I'll have to drill new holes in the hull to get that...

But thanks for letting me know Martin!

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    On my Osprey their about 1.3mm above the bottom of the hull when pulled all the way down & about 3.5mm above when lifted to their highest. Martin.
    Last edited by GP73; 03-09-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Martin/ Diesel/GP73.
    Trim tabs are best bolted on about 1mm above the bottom of the transom.
    They cause less drag that way.
    You may be able to slot the holes in the trim tabs rather than try to drill new holes in the transom. Maybe?
    Paul.

Yes, that's what I was thinking initially. I'll take them apart again and check how much I can drill there. I'm not going to run her for a while anyway, need to reinforce and put rails first.

I can't believe they would screw up something that simple though.

Diesel, have you seen the propeller they ship with it? What a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    Martin/ Diesel/GP73.
    You may be able to slot the holes in the trim tabs rather than try to drill new holes in the transom. Maybe?
    Paul.

Martin/ Diesel/GP73.
    Paul.
    I think I should be able to just slot them and slide them up. I will see what I can do and reference the 1mm spacing you suggested. Haven't had any hobby time lately to really check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by GP73 View Post
    Diesel, have you seen the propeller they ship with it? What a joke...
    I didn't even take it out of the bag yet lol.... I have 0 intention on using it lol
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

It's just funny to look at, you can bend the blades by touching them, not even pushing too hard...

it should probably just go straight to the thrash.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    I didn't even take it out of the bag yet lol.... I have 0 intention on using it lol

Just bought a CC1717 for this bad boy. Went a complete different route lol.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I had the same thoughts about those props too. Sat in the prop box for ages.
    But then, as a challenge I decided to set up a 25"hull to run 6 minute heats on 1 x 5000mah pack like they do in Europe & Hong Kong.
    I tried many props on the 1800kv outrunner in the boat. All pulled the battery down too low before the 6 minutes were up. That prop, however, was just as fast & left enough in the pack to be acceptable.
    13% was the average, with a peak current draw of 47A during the 6 minutes.
    Surprised the hell out of me.
    Haven't had any trouble with it bending.
    I only say this because you may find a future use for it. You never know.
    It's really a heavily de-tongued & back cut prop.
    Cheers.
    Paul.

But then, as a challenge I decided to set up a 25"hull to run 6 minute heats on 1 x 5000mah pack like they do in Europe & Hong Kong.
    I tried many props on the 1800kv outrunner in the boat. All pulled the battery down too low before the 6 minutes were up. That prop, however, was just as fast & left enough in the pack to be acceptable.
    Cheers.
    Paul.

I got one with a different HK boat. I used it as a practice prop for sharpening and balancing come out really nice, just never planned on using it lol. I think OSE might sell them. I will S&B this one as well, once again not sure if I will actually use it. If you say they work maybe interesting to try.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Just bought a CC1717 for this bad boy. Went a complete different route lol.
    Me Too!!!

Pete Z made a very cool mount for me.

Planning to run a swordy 200 on 6s2p
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Quote Originally Posted by FighterCat57 View Post
    Me Too!!!

Those rails are sick.. May I ask where you got them from?

I plan on running 5s2p & 6s2p and I would like to pick up one of the new CC ice speedo's. I do have a swordy 200 laying around also though.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Those rails are sick.. May I ask where you got them from?

I plan on running 5s2p & 6s2p and I would like to pick up one of the new CC ice speedo's. I do have a swordy 200 laying around also though.
    Pete Z did these.

I'm having some new ones made that have the name actually cut out of the metal.
    Cool stuff.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Pete Z did these.

I'm having some new ones made that have the name actually cut out of the metal.
    Cool stuff.
    They came out amazing! Once i get my motor, I will figure something out. I may have to talk to Pete
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

holy ^@%@$@@* those rails are the sickest....
    "FE" STANDS FOR FRUSTRATING EXPLOSIONS

They came out amazing! Once i get my motor, I will figure something out. I may have to talk to Pete
    Are you going to do a carbon fiber layup? The hull seems a bit weak to me.

I've managed to avoid doing them up until now, but think this hull needs some help.

I may have an extra set or two of those stringers made soon.

Are you going to do a carbon fiber layup? The hull seems a bit weak to me.

I've managed to avoid doing them up until now, but think this hull needs some help.

I may have an extra set or two of those stringers made soon.
    Yea it's going to be a must to re-inforce the hull. I been tossing around the idea of going cf, but I have so much fg laying around the shop I may just use up the rest of my supply i have on it.

Ordered a .187 3/16 flexshaft today & a x450/3 prop.

I LOVE your motor mount and rails. I just don't have the $$$ for them. I may end up making a mount myself out of alumnium. Between the esc i want for this hull and the aq cat coming soon I am soon to be broke... Need to save where I can which is another reason I may go the FG route since I already have it.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

This is particularly awful, at least the one I have.

I was interested in the shape as well when I got my Pursuit, since it came with a similar one, but the metal quality of the Vanquish one seems WAY lower.

Just my impression, maybe I got a bad sample.

Hey FC, you always have the coolest gizmos, I already told ya I hate you, right?

Cheers.
    Paul.

So I repositioned the trim tabs and I ran into a problem. I had to enlongate the stock mounting holes on the transom to allow the trim tabs to slide up. The left side went fine and I went for the 1mm gap as suggested by 785boats, then the right side I ran into the problem. I enlongated the holes like the left side moved them up and then the top of the trim tab started hitting the bottom of the rudder bracket. I had to grind the the bracket at a angle making sure I didn't weaken the bracket. It came out ok but I was not able to get a 1mm gap I had to go flush with the bottom of the hull on the right side so then I had to lower the left side flush as well. It is a tons better then the stock position though. I will say the hardware is very nice!

I also was going to change the bushing out on the strut. The end bushing popped out really easy and I went for the aero-marine .187 bushings I always use on the HK/China boats to convert them to 3/16 shaft and the freaking stock bushing is bigger ID then my aero-marine bushing, I never seen that before. I will check if it will works on a 3/16 shaft without changing the stock bushing. When I get my flex from OSE I will check. Maybe a good deal, but if it doesn't work I will just changed the bushing.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Stock on the left, new position on the right.

*Maybe a bad angle on the right pic. But it is flush with a straight edge.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Just put a CC ice 240 on backorder at tower. No rush for this hull, so I don't mind waiting.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

fighterCat
    wow, thats one hell of a nice motor mount you got there

Me Too!!!

Wow, that is bad azz!
    love the rails
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Default Setup questions, prop etc

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to rc boats but the Vanquish is my third and so I know a few things now. However, I need some help in terms of how I set this one up. I had a Pursuit and fitted that with a Leopard 4074/2150 and it ran very well (on 5S). I have since sold the Pursuit and bought this Vanquish and I fitted a 4082/1600 to it, with a Turnigy 180 Esc and 5S. I used the stock prop that came with it, which looked pretty ordinary, even to a newbie like me. Anyway, I ran it and it ran really wet and would suddenly 'fall over' on one side and veer off course. I raised the stinger to its maximum, moved the lipos to the rear, and it ran slightly less wet but still not good.
    I think I have the COG correct but I'm not certain on that, I thought moving the batteries to the back would help more than it has. My questions are, what size prop would anyone recommend for this boat with this motor etc, and, where does everyone mount their batteries ? I want to get the prop that will work and save having to buy half a dozen until I find one that works OK.
    Finally, is it the case that a lower kv motor will turn a bigger prop, and could this be the problem ?
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Ausboat View Post
    Hi all,

I'm relatively new to rc boats but the Vanquish is my third and so I know a few things now. However, I need some help in terms of how I set this one up. I had a Pursuit and fitted that with a Leopard 4074/2150 and it ran very well (on 5S). I have since sold the Pursuit and bought this Vanquish and I fitted a 4082/1600 to it, with a Turnigy 180 Esc and 5S. I used the stock prop that came with it, which looked pretty ordinary, even to a newbie like me. Anyway, I ran it and it ran really wet and would suddenly 'fall over' on one side and veer off course. I raised the stinger to its maximum, moved the lipos to the rear, and it ran slightly less wet but still not good.
    I think I have the COG correct but I'm not certain on that, I thought moving the batteries to the back would help more than it has. My questions are, what size prop would anyone recommend for this boat with this motor etc, and, where does everyone mount their batteries ? I want to get the prop that will work and save having to buy half a dozen until I find one that works OK.
    Finally, is it the case that a lower kv motor will turn a bigger prop, and could this be the problem ?
    Thanks in advance
    Try a different prop and did you check the location of the trim tabs. If they hang below the hull like mine did that would cause your boat to run really wet as well.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

OK so I got my motor in today. It's a Cc1717
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Hi,

thanks for that ...... yes, looks like I have to move the trim tabs
    What prop would you suggest would be good for that motor ? Is a 445 suitable or should it be bigger ?

OK so I got my motor in today. It's a Cc1717
    Yummy.

Have you thought about prop size?
    I'm guessing that starting with a 1717 on 6s w/x447 is right about on the mark.

Yummy.

Have you thought about prop size?
    I'm guessing that starting with a 1717 on 6s w/x447 is right about on the mark.
    I have a x447, x447/3 and a x450/3. Make a wake is having fun in his 40"+ hull on a 1717 with a x450/3 i think hes hitting 60mph
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I have a x447, x447/3 and a x450/3. Make a wake is having fun in his 40"+ hull on a 1717 with a x450/3 i think hes hitting 60mph
    Nice! I'm getting psyched about this build!

Quote Originally Posted by Ausboat View Post
    Hi,

thanks for that ...... yes, looks like I have to move the trim tabs
    What prop would you suggest would be good for that motor ? Is a 445 suitable or should it be bigger ?
    445 good place to start, a x447 may work good as well. Start with the x445 check temps if all is well you could try to move up
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast