Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 32" hotr 90+mph

I have a 5000 5s on the left and a 5000 4s on the right side. 9s = 4.7 hp = 49950 = 90+mph.

I would go 10s.........
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

That easy, huh? 9s =4.7 hp. How many watts is the motor rated at? How many rpm is it rated for? What esc are you using? What prop will you be using?

if fluid say it's possible then it is. it's not majic it physics let the man try and someone else might give it a shot.

Of course it can be done. Just feels like I'm trying to pull teeth.

I put 6s on a 3000kv 540L motor in my first bl setup. (oops)
    It worked until the magnets broke off the motor shaft.

seems obvious to me 3,501.5 watts / 37.8 = 92 amps!Sounds a very reasonable target to me howard. I think he chooses not to answer experts coz they should already know. If the shoe doesnt fit dont wear it. When u gonna run the boat player? Please hit 90!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    That easy, huh? 9s =4.7 hp. How many watts is the motor rated at? How many rpm is it rated for? What esc are you using? What prop will you be using?
    You don't need to be a smart ass, if you need to know something then just ask. This is what i was told 33.3 x 120 x 90 / 746 = 4.82 . This is not my first boat. My genesis is faster then most. I'm not here to put people down, the things i have put in this thread is what has worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Lee View Post
    You don't need to be a smart ass, if you need to know something then just ask. This is what i was told 33.3 x 120 x 90 / 746 = 4.82 . This is not my first boat. My genesis is faster then most. I'm not here to put people down, the things i have put in this thread is what has worked for me.
    I thank you for your posts!!!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Oh ok i see they calulated the cells at 3.7 versus 4.2 when i did my crude calculations I wasnt terribly far off. The 90 represents the efficiency but i think it should be .90 not to be a smart ass. But 1 would be 100 percent .90 is 90 percent right howard?

Not being a smart ass. My point was that i had asked a few questions with no response. Just curious how you are calculating amperage of a boat you havent run yet.
    X... who asked you, bud?

That motor is rated at 2000 watts continuous, 3500 burst.

I take the volts x amps x efficiency divide 746 and that how i calculate my hp.

Where are you getting your amp estimate?

The amps are rated at 120

I have a 240 swordfish and my prop is panther 230.

That doesn't really mean much. It will depend on how the motor is loaded. (prop, rpm, boats running attitude)

My brother is building one 2 compete with me. This 32 has 2 4082 on 12s and 50mm props. I said this is suicide, you will need a front airdam and a rear wing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Does it float? What kv are his motors?

wouah impresive machine i realy want to see it in the water.

Its a 1000kv. He has about 1 month and he will be ready.
    Last edited by Howard Lee; 03-03-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Not being a smart ass. My point was that i had asked a few questions with no response. Just curious how you are calculating amperage of a boat you havent run yet.
    X... who asked you, bud?
    what you attacking me for? I have nothing to do with him calling you a smart ass. Its not my fault that you talked to him like hes stupid thus he didnt answer your questions so watever dog.You dont know how to talk to people we know that . Even on othere forums and even you tube there are comments about you and you know it all mentality . It not my fault and i wasnt even talking to you but i did come out to support howard coz you and YOUR GANG attack members with negative comments constantly.You read the thread you didnt start asking the man questions until you had already insulted him without zero knowledge of what he knows and doesnt know. I supported him because I know all about you your gangs feeding frenzies. The only good boats are the ones YALL run or the europeans you suck up too but anyway. Enough of this garbage . Good luck on your build Howard I wish you well in your quest for 90. It will put you in a club alot of us arent in. RUM I guess you wore the shoes BUD!Ask yourself sometimes WHO ASKED YOU?

hahaaaaa! Did we just become best friends? Wanna go do karate in the garage?

Im cool with ya you just talk to people like theyre stupid thats all. I overstand you. Aww Man Id love to have a ufc moment with you in the garage if you want one with me.

Howard Im gone dont want to ruin your thread with this dumb sh.. ill be watching your progress.

i hope he hits 90.... prove it can be done.

I think he will be damn close, if not there. Maybe with a little prop tweaking. I just want to make sure he knows that this is not a good long term sport setup. I am trying to make it clear. Anyone can throw a lot of voltage at a motor with a lot of kv. Newbies (not meaning Howard) may think this is the best way to go. The gear will all be pushing and or past it's limit.

Howard has made it clear that he wants 90mph, and if he loses his boat trying.. so be it. I have no problem with that.

This is how i look at kv with brushless motors. My R1 street bike is rated at 185hp at 13750 rpm. I'm not going to tell the dealer that i want 100hp at 8000 rpm. No! I want to go fast, crazy fast thats why i bought the bike. If leopard the makers of this motor said i can run 9s and thats what I'm going to do. If i want to slow it down i can turn down the controller but i can turn it back up if i need it. Turn up the kv and unlock the hp. People need to just wish the best and give good advise.
    Last edited by Howard Lee; 03-05-2011 at 03:28 AM.

I just checked the weather for the weekend and it look like the winds are going to be 10 to 15 mph. My zip is 33025 if someone finds out something different.
    Last edited by Howard Lee; 03-05-2011 at 03:27 AM.

This is how i look at kv with brushless motors. My R1 street bike is rated at 185hp at 13750 rpm. I'm not going to tell the dealer that i want 100hp at 8000 rpm. No! I want to go fast, crazy fast thats why i bought the bike. If the makers of the motor said i can run 9s and thats what I'm going to do. If i want to slow it down i can turn down the controller but i can turn it back up if i need it. Turn up the kv and unlock the hp. People need to just wish the best and give good advise.
    What do you mean "turn down the controller"?
    When you say the makers of this motor, who did you speak to?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast