Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: BL Pro Boat Mini-Cat (Now the Mini-C)

Sorry, I don't have my KVs straight yet...

How about the Mistery Ebay motor for this hull ? http://cgi.ebay.com/1700-Outrunner-B...item3a5ca3bf4b

How will it compare to the Above AMMO motor ?

Default dont get it

i have a brushless minic that had and outrunner the torque roll rediculously. just buy the turnigy motor form hobbyking for $20 and the 40a esc for $12 and yeah its like $10 more but it doesn't torque roll even a fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperson4 View Post
    i have a brushless minic that had and outrunner the torque roll rediculously. just buy the turnigy motor form hobbyking for $20 and the 40a esc for $12 and yeah its like $10 more but it doesn't torque roll even a fourth.
    Thanks but which motor ? Hobby King carries several - no ?

Default this one

i have this one it works perfectly with a flex drive and a 27mm-30mm prop(i have a 30mm)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hless_Inrunner

i have this one it works perfectly with a flex drive and a 27mm-30mm prop(i have a 30mm)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hless_Inrunner
    Nice! You have it on a Mini Cat ?

yes its on a mini c. its the exact same motor as the ammo one just cheaper. ill post pics soon

yes its on a mini c. its the exact same motor as the ammo one just cheaper. ill post pics soon
    Thanks! Yes, I'd love to see pics too.

Default here you go!!!

heres some pics of my brushless mini c next to a brushless mini v. im still waiting on a new esc as my old one fried. heres the link. keep clicking next for more pics

http://s665.photobucket.com/albums/v...ilter%3Dimages

heres some pics of my brushless mini c next to a brushless mini v. im still waiting on a new esc as my old one fried. heres the link. keep clicking next for more pics

http://s665.photobucket.com/albums/v...ilter%3Dimages
    Nice!!!

i paid $12 for the ose strut, $10 for the flex drive system, $10 for the prop, $12 for the rudder, and $20 for the motor, and $4 for the metal gear servo, and a homemade watercooled motor mount from brass sheet and tubbing, and lastly $4 for the esc watercooler. i kinda had to save money when it came to the motor as i dont have much cause im 16 lol

i paid $12 for the ose strut, $10 for the flex drive system, $10 for the prop, $12 for the rudder, and $20 for the motor, and $4 for the metal gear servo, and a homemade watercooled motor mount from brass sheet and tubbing, and lastly $4 for the esc watercooler. i kinda had to save money when it came to the motor as i dont have much cause im 16 lol
    It is a great hobby

Old thread but..
    Diegoboy the 2part foam link doesnt work for me..where did you get it from and what is the stuff called? Did it make your mini cat unsinkable? What about filling it into the sponsons also, would that make it safe from davey jones locker?

Quote Originally Posted by RotorKop View Post
    Old thread but..
    Diegoboy the 2part foam link doesnt work for me..where did you get it from and what is the stuff called? Did it make your mini cat unsinkable? What about filling it into the sponsons also, would that make it safe from davey jones locker?
    It sits on the bottom of the pond by his house.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Oh sorry to hear that. Is that his secound mini cat lost? 2-0 to mr Jones
    Im glad I just won a lot of 3 mini cats on ebay then (122$ for 3, I think it was a bargain), because if this is how mini cats usually end up Im gonna need them all..Im new to rc boats so I dont really know what to expect..
    But I would like to try to avoid sinking them if I can help it, so I want to try out the 2-part foam and put it in the front and on the sides inside the sponsons, but what is the stuff called..?

That two part foam has been discontinued by the manufacturer

This company has it available yet and in 3 different grades http://www.aeromarineproducts.com/boat-foam.htm

I have used this with sucess and in mini-c's to boot. Ask if you have any questions

Thanks for the link damfurst. what density did you use on your mini-c, low, double or quadruple? You say you have used it with sucess on mini c, does that mean it cant sink anymore? Did you just do the front?

Quote Originally Posted by RotorKop View Post
    Thanks for the link damfurst. what density did you use on your mini-c, low, double or quadruple? You say you have used it with sucess on mini c, does that mean it cant sink anymore? Did you just do the front?
    I used low because it was the cheapest and it works great. I have not lost any boats if they flipped since using this product. I have done 3 mini-c's. Two just the front and the other one more like 2/3. Just the front compartment is really all it takes to keep it from sinking.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567