Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turnigy vs hyperion

Default Turnigy vs hyperion

Hi

Is there a big different between the Turnigy packs and hyperion ?? or it only a brand name?? Becuase there a big different in price

I compare like 6s 5000mah 20c one to the other??

Thanks

You will find you get a lot more charges out of the hyperion packs , the turnigy packs are good for about 150 charges , now i know of people that have had 500 + charges from the hyperion packs !! & stiil going strong & thats why there is the price difference ...
    UL1- 1515 castle/neu / 240 swordfish
    SV27- with UL1 running gear
    33 Delta Force - 1521-1.5D/Neu/ 240 swordfish/4S2P

Looks like the Hyperion has a tamiya plug while the Turnigy's have that new TX60 plug. The tamiya isn't the best for LiPos while the TX60 is only compatible with Turnigy stuff. From a battery perspective, they are coming basically from the same source so I suspect the battery life is about the same.

I have several LiPos purchased from China vendors and they are all middle of the road as far as longevity. I think the QC on American sold batteries is better so they last longer. But I figure two of the Turnigy's at 1/3 less the US pricing is worth it. Go with the Turnigy but make sure they are in stock. HobbyKing is Notorious for taking for ever (6 months) on backlogged items.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless1 View Post
    Looks like the Hyperion has a tamiya plug while the Turnigy's have that new TX60 plug. The tamiya isn't the best for LiPos while the TX60 is only compatible with Turnigy stuff. From a battery perspective, they are coming basically from the same source so I suspect the battery life is about the same.

I have several LiPos purchased from China vendors and they are all middle of the road as far as longevity. I think the QC on American sold batteries is better so they last longer. But I figure two of the Turnigy's at 1/3 less the US pricing is worth it. Go with the Turnigy but make sure they are in stock. HobbyKing is Notorious for taking for ever (6 months) on backlogged items.

To the OP: Hyperions are better, Turnigys are cheaper. Turnigys have poor soldering and use cheaper cells than hyperion packs, but as long as you get good packs, you can go fast with Turnigy cells too.
    Most of the higher grade batteries I have bought do not come with a plug. I have never seen a hyperion lipo with a Tamiya plug either

Uh...yeah...the Hyperion packs do not come with plugs (tamiya?????????lol!) The plug that DOES come with them is a balance plug or tap... they are PQ taps on the Hyperion packs.
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Quote Originally Posted by jjrctech View Post
    Hi

Is there a big different between the Turnigy packs and hyperion ?? or it only a brand name?? Becuase there a big different in price

I compare like 6s 5000mah 20c one to the other??

Thanks
    Hyperion all the way. Worth the extra money. I started out with less expensive packs and basically wound up replacing them all with 35c Hyperions.

Mike

Turnigy or Zippy all the way!!!!
    You can get 4S, 5000mAh, 40C for $50.00 !!!! That is the 1/3 th of the hyperion price!!!
    They perform very well and if they are not in stock the whole forum is red hot upset about it!!!
    My 3 C...
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

I'll take the Turnigy's. I'm not a rich man.

If you have seen Hyperion packs with plugs on them, they are NOT NEW PACKS! They do not come with any plug on them unless some car place ordered them special. We are a hyperion dealer and don't even have the option of having plugs put on them!

Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Been running Turnigy's and Zippys for the past two seasons in all my boats, from P-Spec to Open classes...I'll never pay rip off prices from the "Brand Name" manufacturers......Its called major mark-up.....I'm not saying they are not good batteries, but for the difference in price, I'll buy more of the others and stay on the water longer.

^yup!^

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    I'll take the Turnigy's. I'm not a rich man.
    Truth be told, the poor man looking for lipos happens to have a pretty sweet opportunity right now. Neutronics (as far as I can tell) seems to have drastically reduced their stock, and their prices. I think they must have decided to concentrate on motors and blow out the rest of their lipos.

Anyone familiar with the Neu SP2 (46/92C) lipos? Lipos that used to be close to $400 each can be bought for less than $100 now. They only have certain sizes and cell counts..selection is rather limited. I got most of their stock in 4s 5000mah SP2 and 5s 5000mah SP2. The XPI lipos are also priced really low right now, so check them out.

I have purchased HK lipos in the past too, but if you can get the high dollar ones for the same or close...kinda changes the ball game.

The cat is out of the bag...MEOW!

Can we have a link please?

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Truth be told, the poor man looking for lipos happens to have a pretty sweet opportunity right now. Neutronics (as far as I can tell) seems to have drastically reduced their stock, and their prices. I think they must have decided to concentrate on motors and blow out the rest of their lipos.

Anyone familiar with the Neu SP2 (46/92C) lipos? Lipos that used to be close to $400 each can be bought for less than $100 now. They only have certain sizes and cell counts..selection is rather limited. I got most of their stock in 4s 5000mah SP2 and 5s 5000mah SP2. The XPI lipos are also priced really low right now, so check them out.

I have purchased HK lipos in the past too, but if you can get the high dollar ones for the same or close...kinda changes the ball game.

The cat is out of the bag...MEOW!
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

http://www.neumotors.com/store/page10/page10.html

If you click SP2 on the left side there is another page with SP2 batts instead of the XPI's.

I feel like Im giving everybody else the pretty girls phone number...
    I guess I already got what I wanted so who better to share her with than the OSE guys

Here's your link the Hyperion LiPos with Tamiya plugs. Look close, those are tamiya plugs, right?

http://www.batterystation.com/lithiu...20hyperion.htm

Here's your link the Hyperion LiPos with Tamiya plugs. Look close, those are tamiya plugs, right?

http://www.batterystation.com/lithiu...20hyperion.htm
    No. None of those have plugs on the power leads other than the rx style packs. You must be looking at the balance plug as mentioned earlier.

Thanks... Now I need to figure out which ones to buy and snag a set while I can.

Thanks for the info on the deal. At only a few bucks over Turnigy and knowing its a name we can trust its worth it to buy (to me from a newb standpoint).

I have both and like both. They all perform very well. I was impressed, or actually surprised how the so called cheapos keep their capacity and low IR over nearly too years of heavy use. So far HK has saved me hundreds of bucks, making my big electric projects possible.

The Hyperion G3s are better finished, better packaged.

The Turnigy performs as well as if not better than the G3. You do need to redo the plug though for its solder job was really not as good. Im comfortable (and good at) soldering, so that's zero problem.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1155232

The one thing that put me of the Turnigy packs the few time i have ordered them from HK i always get one bad pack in the order , just recived an order of 4 packs & yep one pack was puffed & showing no voltage , now its going to cost me as much as the pack did to send it back for warranty , im better off cutting my losses & bining the bad pack ... And HK state they check every battery before they send them , what a joke !!!!!!
    UL1- 1515 castle/neu / 240 swordfish
    SV27- with UL1 running gear
    33 Delta Force - 1521-1.5D/Neu/ 240 swordfish/4S2P

I personally have never recieved a bad pack from them.

Me neither. Hard to remember the exact number of packs I purchased from them but I have at least 10kg of them laying around, must have been over 20 packs and none was bad.

I vote for A123's :) Sorry had to say that, no offense intended.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
    - Mark Twain

All this talk about Turnigy & hyperion why does no one mention gens ace which I have heard good thing about & they ship out of CA from hooby partz. Have read some good stuff about blue lipos as well......
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

when i looked at the link with the hyperions i saw balancing leads and another that looks like the tamiya plugs. i dont know if they are but the poster is not talking about the balancing leads. but they could be receiver packs too.

If your taking about the red plug on the main leads, it's a JST plug. Tamiya style OTOH, is those bigger white nylon connectors generally seen on older NiMH packs.

He's not "seeing" things................here's the pic of the Hyperion 20c 7.4v with a tamiya/Molex connector.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Heres how I rate Lipos that I have tried as far as value as well as performance. I can only vouch for these brands as these are the only ones I own. I started out with Turnigy and though well maybe the higher priced packs are better. Boy was I wrong to some degree. While some does provide a small advantage in the peformance department IMO it does not justify the price especially since I'm not out to set records or win any competitions.

1. Turnigy/Zippy
    2. Hyperion
    3. Voltz
    4. Flight Power
    5. Blue Lipo ( I got this used from a friend and did not know it's history. )
    Last edited by BakedMopar; 02-28-2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Forgot one.
    If all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed!

Quote Originally Posted by BakedMopar View Post
    Heres how I rate Lipos that I have tried as far as value as well as performance. I can only vouch for these brands as these are the only ones I own. I started out with Turnigy and though well maybe the higher priced packs are better. Boy was I wrong to some degree. While some does provide a small advantage in the peformance department IMO it does not justify the price especially since I'm not out to set records or win any competitions.

1. Turnigy/Zippy
    2. Hyperion
    3. Voltz
    4. Flight Power
    5. Blue Lipo ( I got this used from a friend and did not know it's history. )
    Do you think the Turnigy Nanos are worth the xtra $?
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

I have not used the Turnigy Nano's Although they should be similar to the Hyperions.
    If all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed!

I have heard some good things about the Polyquests...............here's a couple links, Hobbyking carries 7 pages worth of them................some are quite expensive but these look like a bargain:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7162

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11255
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast