Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery options for Miss Geico

Ripper: sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqD0K...el_video_title

but I have to get rid of the bouncing before I test with 6s again, it's to wimpsy as it is now, and the kintec rudder did not help much either.
    Drammen rock City

Quote Originally Posted by maxmekker View Post
    Ripper: sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqD0K...el_video_title

but I have to get rid of the bouncing before I test with 6s again, it's to wimpsy as it is now, and the kintec rudder did not help much either.
    Pretty nice MAX, Looks fast as $#it. I've just been running 4s with an X642 and a Kintec offset rudder. The offset rudder seems to have helped alot. The only other adjustment I've made is moving the bottom of the strut level with the ride pads. Other than that it's just messing around with the battery placement a little bit. Quite a few guys have said when you start too put some serious power to it like 6s it will start to smooth out. Good luck, I'll let you know how I make out on 5s. I have to order a T-180 before I can go to 6s.

I think I need more weight and maybe true the bottom (was hoping I did not need to at the moment, winter prosject) but will try with the 642 today,and soon the prather 230 will be here, maybe one of those will help.
    Speedwise I think 5s is pritty fast enought for fun,and 6 s is for show off to people gathering to watch.

Now all the folks that stops by to watch, thinks its fast enought on 4s, they dont' know what they are talking about
    Drammen rock City

Quote Originally Posted by maxmekker View Post
    I think I need more weight and maybe true the bottom (was hoping I did not need to at the moment, winter prosject) but will try with the 642 today,and soon the prather 230 will be here, maybe one of those will help.
    Speedwise I think 5s is pritty fast enought for fun,and 6 s is for show off to people gathering to watch.

Now all the folks that stops by to watch, thinks its fast enought on 4s, they dont' know what they are talking about
    I run mine at a big marina at Baltimore and the guys just love it on 4s but I actually raced real outboards back in the 1960's and early 1970's so I just want it to scream. Trying to relive a bit of my youth. BIG difference between 35mph and 55mph. you should have no trouble getting into the 50's without truing up the bottom. If you're looking for 60's then you probably should do it. Good Luck let me know how it goes and I'll do the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12