Thread: New Venom 56" P-1???

Default New Venom 56" P-1???

Just found this over at RCU. Not really big into gas boats, but if the finished product looks anything like the 35", I must have one. At least the hull.

Looks nice for sure,always liked the P1 mono.But it will take some good $$ to fit it with FE stuff....

OMG that looks soo nice, makes me sad now cos i sold my ekos p1 and im boatless thats what i get for saying to the mrs if you let me get the car i want i will sell the boat, what was i thinking.

speaking of Venom stuff, has any body run the P1 35'' RTR brushless or the C1 34'' RTR brushless? looking to add another boat and these look sweet. Also if i bought one of these how hard is it to swap it to 2.4g from the stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Jpope View Post
    speaking of Venom stuff, has any body run the P1 35'' RTR brushless or the C1 34'' RTR brushless? looking to add another boat and these look sweet. Also if i bought one of these how hard is it to swap it to 2.4g from the stock?
    I have em both. The c-1 had issues with the motors, but since then Venom has changed the motors and I don't think I've heard any info good or bad on the new motors. The p-1 is a good boat right out of the box with the exception of the prop. The stock prop is too small and is horrible. Easy fix though. And both boats have a really nice finish and look great in my hobby room! As for the radio, a 2.4 radio swap is a piece of cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Jpope View Post
    To swap for a 2.4ghz system is easy.Just buy one Tx and Rx package either new or used.Switch the receiver on your boat and presto!!.Its very easy...if you are new i would recommend the Tactic pistol ones,..they can be had cheap for new ones and cheaper for good used ones....just do your search on the web....good luck...Albert