Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: IMPBA’s new P-limited “spec” class rule proposal.

as Mike pointed out on the battery packs. I run twin 6S1P packs hooked up in parallel then they inturn
    supply the twin ESC's and Twin motors. (the one in my avatar)
    Works great for me.

I,m not a racer, but guys - This is a hobby!! The world is not going to end regardless of the rule. By the way, NASCAR has the toughest rules around, and some one is always getting caught cheating. Make the rules as simple as possible. The talent of the guy on the tranny will determine the outcome. Most of the nitro races I've watched here in Celina, an AQ tug would place in the money because only half the boats in any heat finish. The reason the same guys win regularly is that they practice a lot, are totally committed to the condition of their equipment, and have great reflexes and depth perception. Our little group of FE fun runners here just get a kick out of seeing how fast we can go with in most cases, turnigy equipment and Chinese battery's, but damn, we have fun. Being on a rules committee must be the most thankless jobs in the world. No matter what they do at least 40% of the members will be unhappy. As long as there are horse races, somebody is going to dope a horse to make it go faster or slower. And if the majority wants tight limits, let m have m. They aren't going to affect the club racers or fun runners one way or another.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678