Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: These Guys also have may answers...

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Uhhmmmm?
    I really don't know where to start???
    pose a problem for projects? sounds like they did a great job on the set of House
    you don't need 10grand for this setup (whats in the picture that was posted!), and get your shot before you push the little button if this is true, and things are good
    focus assist?
    if your talking about a Camera Assistant, get the deluxe bundle to pull focus

and who really cares.. the OP is about something else
    if someone wants to spend a few grand or serveral hundred thousand, so bee it
    They did a great job on House, and they didn't do it with only that rig. It took a lot more than just what's in the picture to get the shots and colors they did.
    You can get your shot before you press the button, it just gets more complicated when things start moving closer and farther away from the camera. A follow focus is a great thing to have, but it's just a bit more complicated on these cameras to keep everything in focus when you want it.
    10 grand would be a good starting point to get this camera set up in a way you could shoot a short on. Unless you can use the same lens for all of your shots.

Who cares? I thought we were discussing this so I posted my response...
    SV27 w/ Ammo 2300 / Stock ESC || Pursuit w/ Leopard 4074 2200kv / SeaKing 120a ESC || MHZ Drambuie on Ice w/ 2x Schulze 4.160wk's / 2x Neu 2215 1.5y's

Quote Originally Posted by domp444 View Post
    They did a great job on House, and they didn't do it with only that rig. It took a lot more than just what's in the picture to get the shots and colors they did.
    You can get your shot before you press the button, it just gets more complicated when things start moving closer and farther away from the camera. A follow focus is a great thing to have, but it's just a bit more complicated on these cameras to keep everything in focus when you want it.
    10 grand would be a good starting point to get this camera set up in a way you could shoot a short on. Unless you can use the same lens for all of your shots.

Who cares? I thought we were discussing this so I posted my response...
    Really, we could be all year on this
    you can spend a few grand or several million on one project
    what is the OP anyway??
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Really, we could be all year on this
    you can spend a few grand or several million on one project
    what is the OP anyway??
    Haha, yup!
    And I believe the OP was a video of two guys, one dumb one smart, teaching people how to build a $30 plane
    It was actually pretty cool I thought.
    SV27 w/ Ammo 2300 / Stock ESC || Pursuit w/ Leopard 4074 2200kv / SeaKing 120a ESC || MHZ Drambuie on Ice w/ 2x Schulze 4.160wk's / 2x Neu 2215 1.5y's

Quote Originally Posted by domp444 View Post
    Haha, yup!
    And I believe the OP was a video of two guys, one dumb one smart, teaching people how to build a $30 plane
    It was actually pretty cool I thought.
    ok, if it was the two of us making these videos who the smart one
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

ok, if it was the two of us making these videos who the smart one
    Well from the way you wrote that...

no one is on these forums to convice you of anything
    fact is they used this rig... do a little search before your confidence slips
    and we are talking of this rig not what was used in the past

"The first network television prime-time drama shot entirely on an SLR camera: “House,” captured with a 22-megapixel Canon EOS 5D Mark II SLR.

USA Today quotes cinematographer Gale Tattersall as saying the Canon video “looked absolutely stunning.” For the episode, he switched from 35mm film Arriflex cameras to three Canon SLRs, and used a RedRock Micro rig."
    ok so they got paid for the endorsement of that gear. they used it for one episode... and never again. if it was SO great they would have continued to use it on future shows.

I found this: http://www.petapixel.com/2010/04/09/...on-5d-mark-ii/

the whole thing reeks of endorsement/advertisement.

As for people using them for shooting their projects, sure go ahead. but it's not going to turn you from an indie filmmaker to a pro... a good filmmaker doesn't need any particular camera or "depth of field" to make a good film. I've been on good films shot with the HPX-170 and I've been on crap films shot on 35mm film, and everything in between. sure the 5d is a good "swiss army knife" since you get stills and video in one. but it has its drawbacks and it's a PITA to work with as a movie camera cause of the form factor.

Quote Originally Posted by PDR447 View Post
    ok so they got paid for the endorsement of that gear. they used it for one episode... and never again. if it was SO great they would have continued to use it on future shows.

I found this: http://www.petapixel.com/2010/04/09/...on-5d-mark-ii/

the whole thing reeks of endorsement/advertisement.

As for people using them for shooting their projects, sure go ahead. but it's not going to turn you from an indie filmmaker to a pro... a good filmmaker doesn't need any particular camera or "depth of field" to make a good film. I've been on good films shot with the HPX-170 and I've been on crap films shot on 35mm film, and everything in between. sure the 5d is a good "swiss army knife" since you get stills and video in one. but it has its drawbacks and it's a PITA to work with as a movie camera cause of the form factor.

the finished product was good
    swiss army knife

and back to the OP

Halllo!!!
    Lets go back to the subject here....
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    Halllo!!!
    Lets go back to the subject here....
    sorry

More and more videos...
    I like the way they do it, wicked....
    Think of Freak guys and their cheep shallow videos....
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12