Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These Guys also have may answers...

Thumbs up These Guys also have may answers...

They have few simple answers to few simple questions..
    I like their videos, and it's all in HD
    What do you think?
    http://www.flitetest.com/
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

That's a pritty cool site, thanks for sharing.

Great camera work and editing!
    I'de like to know what cameras they are using
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Great camera work and editing!
    I'de like to know what cameras they are using
    Most likely a Canon 5D or 7D. Shallow depth of field and the digital look suggest so.
    SV27 w/ Ammo 2300 / Stock ESC || Pursuit w/ Leopard 4074 2200kv / SeaKing 120a ESC || MHZ Drambuie on Ice w/ 2x Schulze 4.160wk's / 2x Neu 2215 1.5y's

yeah it's a 5/7D. you can see it in some of the shots.

I found the camera work annoying actually. excessively shallow focus is distracting and not really "appropriate" for the subject matter. but, I work in film so I'm jaded.

Haha very true. It does get annoying after a while. Not only in their video but everywhere you look now there's shallow DOF and "great film." People just picking up a camera and calling themselves filmmakers. I study filmmaking, at the School of Visual Arts in NYC

Sorry for the thread hijack! But you did say what camera are they using
    SV27 w/ Ammo 2300 / Stock ESC || Pursuit w/ Leopard 4074 2200kv / SeaKing 120a ESC || MHZ Drambuie on Ice w/ 2x Schulze 4.160wk's / 2x Neu 2215 1.5y's

Come on guys, regardless, they are doing fine job explaining simple staff people sometimes are asking you to explain and it makes sense....
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

These guys do a great job. I admire their production values and content. Kudos!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I'm not saying they're not doing a good job. I enjoyed their videos they were informative and fun to watch. I don't have a problem with them or anything against them.

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    Come on guys, regardless, they are doing fine job explaining simple staff people sometimes are asking you to explain and it makes sense....
    I fully agree!
    I've seen many who think they know how to shoot video/film or call themselves film makers just because they went to school or shot something once
    but untill you actually work in the industry like I have you will soon learn a few things out in the field
    These guys look to have put together a great product, and the camera work adds texture and a little drama to the piece
    this is the best by far of any video review I've seen to date
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

They turned the review into a short film, haha. The camera work is great and I love the depth of field these cameras allow people to shoot HD in at very low prices. I was going to get one of them, but I have now decided to wait for the RED Epic and shoot with what I have until then.
    I think their review was pretty good, what I was saying was people using these cost-efficient cameras to call themselves filmmakers annoys me. I know I only study film and I haven't worked in the industry, but I've shot a couple of shorts and have some great teachers to learn from at SVA.

it is cool that we have cameras like this to shoot with very low cost
    its a little much to me though the constant focus back and fourth, but I think it adds to the video that others may like more than I do
    this is the rig they were shooting the show House with
    I would like to try out a rig like this but I need something with better audio input

I agree, they're great cameras. That rig looks good but I would prefer Zacuto, they make some great stuff.
    To record audio you'd have to get a separate audio recorder. A popular one is the Zoom H4N. It has 2 xlr inputs and an on board mic. Then you use a program called Plural Eyes, which basically syncs the audio you captured on the 5d to the audio captured on the H4N. It's really easy and definitely much better than recording audio to the 5D.

Quote Originally Posted by domp444 View Post
    I agree, they're great cameras. That rig looks good but I would prefer Zacuto, they make some great stuff.
    To record audio you'd have to get a separate audio recorder. A popular one is the Zoom H4N. It has 2 xlr inputs and an on board mic. Then you use a program called Plural Eyes, which basically syncs the audio you captured on the 5d to the audio captured on the H4N. It's really easy and definitely much better than recording audio to the 5D.
    good to know about the audio!
    send a link if you have one
    thanks

This is the H4N: B&H

No problem. Are you thinking of getting this setup?

And this is PluralEyes: PluralEyes

cool stuff
    I would love to get some new stuff
    I think it would be fun to do some sweet R/C race videos
    I have a T-Rex600 I want to use for some great shots

That would be sweet! Lemme know if you decide to get it

I'll be glad to help if you have any questions.

it is cool that we have cameras like this to shoot with very low cost
    its a little much to me though the constant focus back and fourth, but I think it adds to the video that others may like more than I do
    this is the rig they were shooting the show House with
    I would like to try out a rig like this but I need something with better audio input
    sorry but I have a VERY hard time believing that they shot house on THAT rig. that rig may be styled after what they used but I'm pretty confident they did not use any red rock stuff. also, you are aware that only the season finale was shot on the 5d, right? for a long time it the series was shot on film and may still be, although I'm not sure. they may have switched to a proHD camera like the F35 or genesis.

*sorry for the OT, film "snob" here and I don't care for the DSLR "revolution" although I'm getting paid to work with one tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by PDR447 View Post
    sorry but I have a VERY hard time believing that they shot house on THAT rig. that rig may be styled after what they used but I'm pretty confident they did not use any red rock stuff. also, you are aware that only the season finale was shot on the 5d, right? for a long time it the series was shot on film and may still be, although I'm not sure. they may have switched to a proHD camera like the F35 or genesis.

*sorry for the OT, film "snob" here and I don't care for the DSLR "revolution" although I'm getting paid to work with one tomorrow
    I didn't wanna be a snob, but yeah they most definitely did not use that rig. Also, they're not just shooting on a 5D... it ends up being like a 25k+ rig when they're done setting it up.

Hey, if you're getting paid, go for it But for personal use I'm sticking to my EX1 with a Letus 35mm adapter. I was gonna switch to the HDSLR stuff when it came out, but I soon changed my mind. There's just so much more you can do with a pro camera than a dslr.

I can go on and on about this stuff, I love it. How about that Epic?!

Yap, just got the respond from them:

We use the Canon 5D with the Red Rock Micro handheld rig.
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    Yap, just got the respond from them:

We use the Canon 5D with the Red Rock Micro handheld rig.
    yeah its a simple killer rig
    the picture I posted, I'm not sure where it originally came from but a friend of mine from the East Coast sent it to me to show a simple setup I could use for future projects
    I think he said it was the House rig?
    but yeah, the season finale of House was shot (filmed) entirely with the Canon 5D Mark II

yeah its a simple killer rig
    the picture I posted, I'm not sure where it originally came from but a friend of mine from the East Coast sent it to me to show a simple setup I could use for future projects
    I think he said it was the House rig?
    but yeah, the season finale of House was shot (filmed) entirely with the Canon 5D Mark II
    It looks like just a stock picture of the rig and the camera setup, most likely not from House though. Maybe he meant that they used a similar setup on House, but it's most definitely not that one. It's a fun camera that is budget friendly and lets you achieve some nice footage

It looks like just a stock picture of the rig and the camera setup, most likely not from House though. Maybe he meant that they used a similar setup on House, but it's most definitely not that one. It's a fun camera that is budget friendly and lets you achieve some nice footage
    I need to find that email and get in touch with this guy to see where he got the picture

I think that's a 5D on the rig
    and the rig and monotor have some wear marks on them

Either way this is a cool way to get some great footage on a budget

Just did a google image search for "canon house." this came up: http://6sightreport.com/2010/05/19/“...lls-slr-video/

I guess I was wrong, it apparently says they shot using that rig. Sorry Brushless!

Just did a google image search for "canon house." this came up: http://6sightreport.com/2010/05/19/“...lls-slr-video/

I guess I was wrong, it apparently says they shot using that rig. Sorry Brushless!
    Oh that's awesome, great find bro!

that rig is $1,200 - $1,900 plus your goods
    the DSLR revolution looks good!
    Last edited by Brushless55; 02-26-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Well, with cheaper costs come some sacrifices. These cameras pose a bunch of problems if you're shooting short films or larger projects. For one, the HDMI output only outputs HD until you press the record button, then the monitor quality goes down noticeably. There's no focus assist, and then there's problems like aliasing and jittery footage while panning. Of course, for the price you could make it work and get some great footage.

Zeiss has some awesome new lenses out, the CP.2 ones. They're great for shooting on DSLRs. Remember, a good, reliable and useable HDSLR rig will cost you 10k+. Unless you're only going to be using one lens, internal audio, and nothing else.

You're gonna need a couple of (good) lenses. A follow focus. A mattebox. Filters. (a good quality) preview monitor. A mic. An audio recorder. And probably some other things I'm forgetting.

Well, with cheaper costs come some sacrifices. These cameras pose a bunch of problems if you're shooting short films or larger projects. For one, the HDMI output only outputs HD until you press the record button, then the monitor quality goes down noticeably. There's no focus assist, and then there's problems like aliasing and jittery footage while panning. Of course, for the price you could make it work and get some great footage.

Zeiss has some awesome new lenses out, the CP.2 ones. They're great for shooting on DSLRs. Remember, a good, reliable and useable HDSLR rig will cost you 10k+. Unless you're only going to be using one lens, internal audio, and nothing else.

You're gonna need a couple of (good) lenses. A follow focus. A mattebox. Filters. (a good quality) preview monitor. A mic. An audio recorder. And probably some other things I'm forgetting.
    Uhhmmmm?
    I really don't know where to start???
    pose a problem for projects? sounds like they did a great job on the set of House
    you don't need 10grand for this setup (whats in the picture that was posted!), and get your shot before you push the little button if this is true, and things are good
    focus assist?
    if your talking about a Camera Assistant, get the deluxe bundle to pull focus

and who really cares.. the OP is about something else
    if someone wants to spend a few grand or serveral hundred thousand, so bee it

Quote Originally Posted by PDR447 View Post

no one is on these forums to convice you of anything
    fact is they used this rig... do a little search before your confidence slips
    and we are talking of this rig not what was used in the past

"The first network television prime-time drama shot entirely on an SLR camera: “House,” captured with a 22-megapixel Canon EOS 5D Mark II SLR.

USA Today quotes cinematographer Gale Tattersall as saying the Canon video “looked absolutely stunning.” For the episode, he switched from 35mm film Arriflex cameras to three Canon SLRs, and used a RedRock Micro rig."
    Last edited by Brushless55; 02-26-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast