Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a Canopy...Where?

Quote Originally Posted by pyroM!KE View Post
    So if you guys end up getting a fg cowl what color will you paint it? Im thinking bright or florescent red..or an airbrushed american flag..that would look tight..
    It would be unique, as for me i plan on going with the stock color. I was able to match it pretty close when I did my truck body. Mostly yellow florescent with just a little bit of florescent green. I got my colors from Michaels and my air brush + compressor at harbor freight.

I cracked mine after the boat flipped backwards and skid on the lid for about 50 feet. Since I didn't lose any pieces I was able to glass it back together. I feel for you guys that lost it all together. I wold pay HH to back order it. What happens is that when they come in they ship out the back ordered ones and stock never fills up. Just pay for it on back order and I'm sure when they come in you will get a nice surprise in the mail.
    I had Dave, my local hobby shop owner order one for me, but he goes to horizon a couple times a week and his computer is telling him they are still on back order from horizon. He said he was gonna get one for me though.

I may have to go snorkeling and see if I can find it, or pieces of it, not sure if it broke or not. I lost it in the swimming area over at the lake so it's only 4-5 feet deep and there is a wall separating it from the actual lake. Patience and I are not real close friends.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool theme on your blitz!

I wanted to go snorkeling after I lost the lid to my Prince at Hanson Dam this past Saturday. But unfortunately they wont let you swim in the lake . I did pull the boat out with an small boat anchor one of the lifeguards lent me. The whole boat was MIA under 15' of forest green, murky water for at least an hour. Jan at Kintec is getting me a new one though.

Mine's back in one piece and ready for more crazy action. I noticed the right sponson is splitting so I contacted Tiqueman to see has any all white canopies layed up. I may be going for a different theme once I repair the sponson. Maybe all white Budweiser...or maybe a gold and candy red Tecate theme.

Wonder if the replenished supply will be same as original stock? It would really be nice if it were a thicker one.

Dont get your hopes up..There not gonna do anything more for the same price as the stock canopy has always been..I still dont understand why they dont use lexan though..That is just retardedd..

hey all...teg is back on here im him for a fg hatch
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

LoL, I think you meant Tiqueman, Scott, right?. Yeah I was among the many that PMed him about getting a hatch no matter what color they are. He said he made a post but I guess it has to be approved by the mods or something. My geico is turning a weird yellow anyways, so at this point for me it time for a "complete makeover, boat edition"! No need to fill up his in box. His thread regarding the hatches will show up soon. Just keep an eye out for it in the "special services" forum.

Horizon shows "item coming soon" then changes the "mid April" to "early May" now on the canopies - Sux.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB4102

Hopefully they are changing what material they use to make it out of....
    Nortavlag Bulc

dont count on it...its sales

Looks to me the the mg Hatch is made of pulled thin smoked styrene or something like that. Then it is primed with brown primer and then painted. I checked mine and should be an easy pull with some 30 or 40 thousand clear or white styrene after a male buck is made. I could care less if I can see through the windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    Looks to me the the mg Hatch is made of pulled thin smoked styrene or something like that. Then it is primed with brown primer and then painted. I checked mine and should be an easy pull with some 30 or 40 thousand clear or white styrene after a male buck is made. I could care less if I can see through the windshield.
    Yep
    Nortavlag Bulc

Pro boat/ Horizon hobbies was at rcx this weekend. As soon as i saw the miss gieco i walked up to it and took the hatch off and told the guy i was taking it until they get them off back order. I asked him about the date changes from mid march to early april and he said that usually means it's on a boat somewhere. (looks like they come from over seas). I also asked him about the mr3000 vs the mr 300 and he said that it was a running change they decided to make. I made a comment about the flex shaft issue to which he just admitted the mistake. I also asked him why they opted for a plastic canopy vs a FB one, before he could answer i asked, "was it because of cost?" He actually said yes to that. Horizon sent a good group of guys out to rcx, as for traxxas i can't really say the same.

great sounds like they have to make a price reduction if they go to a 40 dollar less reciver.....NOT

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    Pro boat/ Horizon hobbies was at rcx this weekend. As soon as i saw the miss gieco i walked up to it and took the hatch off and told the guy i was taking it until they get them off back order. I asked him about the date changes from mid march to early april and he said that usually means it's on a boat somewhere. (looks like they come from over seas). I also asked him about the mr3000 vs the mr 300 and he said that it was a running change they decided to make. I made a comment about the flex shaft issue to which he just admitted the mistake. I also asked him why they opted for a plastic canopy vs a FB one, before he could answer i asked, "was it because of cost?" He actually said yes to that. Horizon sent a good group of guys out to rcx, as for traxxas i can't really say the same.
    So, I guess you didn't ask him if they went to a better material for the canopy??

Anything would be better than the original plastic.
    Nortavlag Bulc

It will be the same..If they did make a change Darin Jordan would have chimed in here..The Motley crew looks better and better every day that goes by..Havent run my mg in about 3 weeks now because of this sh!t...It may be up on the Sale thread soon..
    Guess what..They will probably be backordered shortly after there back in stock and that will be another 3 months of Next month, I mean the next month, I mean the next month..Im very frustrated with this! Ive been in every aspect of rc hobbies Literally..And I have never been hung up on such a cheesy part..

Sorry guys..Im venting.Ive got a good chunk of money invested and only have like 12 runs on it in the last 3 months..Mind you I bought enough packs for this boat to do that In one day easily!

With batts,new charger,New Tx, odds and ends I'm about 750 balls deep in this boat...This is the only boat I have..

if u are interested in a fiberglass hatch tiqueman has told me they are ready to ship unpainted i beleave....im him on here

Yup, Yup, and Yup. I was there and asked the same. But I didn't threaten to take the hatch because it had been dropped and had a scratch on it, lol! But seriously, the horizon guys are always great. Even on the phone. They admit their mistakes and make it right. Traxxas still denies that the stub axles break on the 4x4 slash even though they cant seem to keep them on the shelf!!....or on the truck

Scott should be chiming in any day now regarding those glass hatches. I'm ready to start sanding and painting

Quote Originally Posted by JackBlack26 View Post
    Yup, Yup, and Yup. I was there and asked the same. But I didn't threaten to take the hatch because it had been dropped and had a scratch on it, lol! But seriously, the horizon guys are always great. Even on the phone. They admit their mistakes and make it right. Traxxas still denies that the stub axles break on the 4x4 slash even though they cant seem to keep them on the shelf!!....or on the truck

Scott should be chiming in any day now regarding those glass hatches. I'm ready to start sanding and painting

lol yeah i didn't actually take it i was just messin around. I saw that blemish on the top too, guy said it was just from moving it around show to show. I lost a lot of respect for traxxas over the weekend ( as if i had any for them before). Read my post over in the 6s spartan thread about what happened between me and a traxxas rep.

Since the original reason for going plastic on the canopy was cost i think it is fair to assume there will be no fg hatch coming from HH.

As for RCX i was actually a little disappointed. It was cool and all but i was expecting more companies to actually be selling their products at special show prices. Thunderpower is the only big name i recall selling something. They were gonna give 50 off their 4s 65c 5000 mah packs so they would only be 200 a piece instead of of 250. Other vendors i saw were just selling cheap toy grade stuff like the 3.5 channel rtf helis, i saw a 35 dollar rescue boat ( I would have made it a rescue anyway.) i kinda wish i would have gotten it but oh well, i have other hulls, kinda thinking about building a slip from wood then adding some electronics. Kind like that buggie board rescue craft. I saw rpm selling some stuff too, just not what i was anticipating. They get you excited and in the mood to buy and then don't wanna sell you anything, i couldn't figure that out.

I was really hoping i could score a 4060 or what ever size it is leopard 2000 kv for the p mono i want to build. Still deciding between a df34 or the titan 33, i need to sell some of the stuff i'm not using though, or sell some more tile jobs.

Anybody need tile, wood granite, plumbing, paint, drywall, etc done at their house? Mike needs a new boat and someone needs a remodel on their house. Your buddies will be envious after my company gets done with your house.

lol yeah i didn't actually take it i was just messin around. I saw that blemish on the top too, guy said it was just from moving it around show to show. I lost a lot of respect for traxxas over the weekend ( as if i had any for them before). Read my post over in the 6s spartan thread about what happened between me and a traxxas rep.
    Ill take a look at that thread
    Since the original reason for going plastic on the canopy was cost i think it is fair to assume there will be no fg hatch coming from HH.

As for RCX i was actually a little disappointed. It was cool and all but i was expecting more companies to actually be selling their products at special show prices. Thunderpower is the only big name i recall selling something. They were gonna give 50 off their 4s 65c 5000 mah packs so they would only be 200 a piece instead of of 250. Other vendors i saw were just selling cheap toy grade stuff like the 3.5 channel rtf helis, i saw a 35 dollar rescue boat ( I would have made it a rescue anyway.) i kinda wish i would have gotten it but oh well, i have other hulls, kinda thinking about building a slip from wood then adding some electronics. Kind like that buggie board rescue craft. I saw rpm selling some stuff too, just not what i was anticipating. They get you excited and in the mood to buy and then don't wanna sell you anything, i couldn't figure that out.Yeah, it was weird to see so many cheap Chinese toys this year. It was like ging to an outdoor swapmeet! I too go excited about RMP actually selling stuff then I saw it was more expensive than buying on line. WTF? I was hoping to see RC monster cause I wanted to pick up a 150x50mm battery tray and they were a no show.

I was really hoping i could score a 4060 or what ever size it is leopard 2000 kv for the p mono i want to build. Still deciding between a df34 or the titan 33, i need to sell some of the stuff i'm not using though, or sell some more tile jobs. I picked up a Tacon 4074 2150kv motor for $59 from Hobbypartz.com. I opened it up and other than having a carbon wrapped rotor they look very nice.

Anybody need tile, wood granite, plumbing, paint, drywall, etc done at their house? Mike needs a new boat and someone needs a remodel on their house. Your buddies will be envious after my company gets done with your house.[COLOR="Red"]Get in line buddy! Were on the same sinking boat.[/COLOR

I got a tupperware lid in eariler so Im gonna run my MG today without the canopy on it..hehe..Ill run it 4s so i dont risk blowing it over and Ill tape the crap out of it..I gotta run my boat..I just gotta..The weather is killing me..

How do you get ahold of tiqueman? I want FG.

He's been busy and not on here as much as before, but PM him and if his box isn't full he'll get back to you when he logs back in.

who's making the air intake scoops? im wanting a couple of them

It will be the same..If they did make a change Darin Jordan would have chimed in here..The Motley crew looks better and better every day that goes by..Havent run my mg in about 3 weeks now because of this sh!t...It may be up on the Sale thread soon..
    Guess what..They will probably be backordered shortly after there back in stock and that will be another 3 months of Next month, I mean the next month, I mean the next month..Im very frustrated with this! Ive been in every aspect of rc hobbies Literally..And I have never been hung up on such a cheesy part..

Sorry guys..Im venting.Ive got a good chunk of money invested and only have like 12 runs on it in the last 3 months..Mind you I bought enough packs for this boat to do that In one day easily!

With batts,new charger,New Tx, odds and ends I'm about 750 balls deep in this boat...This is the only boat I have..
    LMFAO!! Well not really..

I predicted it..They have put it off another month..Now there saying late May..WTF is going on here?

LMFAO!! Well not really..

I predicted it..They have put it off another month..Now there saying late May..WTF is going on here?
    Late may? what happened to early may? wait what happened to mid April? C'mon horizon, show us what you're made of and get us some canopies asap!!!

no need for proboat's anymore: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...d.php?p=302512

now we just need to find the right color paint... Darin, can you smuggle us some? or at least prod horizon/proboat to start selling it?

Late may? what happened to early may? wait what happened to mid April? C'mon horizon, show us what you're made of and get us some canopies asap!!!
    I've been watching it religiously, and it went from mid April, to mid May, then to accepting backorders (very short time), then back to mid May and now late May where it is now. Is it not truly known when they will be available or I wonder if backorders sold out all the incoming stock??? Maybe Darin can get us an update.

Quote Originally Posted by lectriglide View Post
    I've been watching it religiously, and it went from mid April, to mid May, then to accepting backorders (very short time), then back to mid May and now late May where it is now. Is it not truly known when they will be available or I wonder if backorders sold out all the incoming stock??? Maybe Darin can get us an update.
    Guys... I was just told (by e-mail, about 2-minutes ago), that the MG canopies are in stock NOW!! That came from the ProBoat Product Development manager, so I am assuming he's correct.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

This does suck..I hate having a boat I cant even run!! Im not going to pay 80+ for a fg canopy..This is ridiculous!!!!!!!! I would pay around 30-35 for one..Come on ProBoat..Step up to the plate...Jeeeeezz
    Ive been making canopies for other boats for a little while now. I could see if you had a decent shop, ordered in mass bulk quantities etc etc prices could be lower, but in all fairness, 80 dollars isnt really that bad. If I was in it to make money, Id have to charge at least 65 or 70. When you have 25 in materials plus brushes, containers, mixing stick, solvents, I think you see my point, 30 to 35 is what you have in it before it even goes out the door.. Oh and did I mention your giving each one a few hours of free labor as well? And thats just for the part, how about the cost of production of the mold. Thats twice what the part costs. I had over 300 bills into my first BJ26 mold, with materials, screwed up the first mold, did the second different, didnt like it so made a third. Probably wht Jeff doesnt want to bother with making a resin mold. Its time consuming and expensive. I put my BJ lids from 35 to 40 so I could at least make a couple dollars and started my Geico lids at 40. Even at that, you have to sell quite a few just to break even. Cost of materials (epoxy) keeps going up. Eventually, they wont be 40 anymore either. Id love to sell mine for at least 60, but times are just as hard on most folks as they are for me right now. Im just trying to have a little fun in the hobby and help out fellow boaters w/ similar problems.

Plus dont forget, you say youll pay $50. for a cheap a$$ piece of 4 dollar plastic.

Just my behind the scenes $.02, not trying to go toe to toe with you, just telling you the reason why hatches, especially epoxy, arent cheap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast