Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a Canopy...Where?

Default I need a Canopy...Where?

Im not going to wait untill late march like HH says it will be back in stock..Who makes a aftermarket one? This blows...I just got it back running today after being down for 3 weeks...

Guys, I dont care if your gonna do a slow circle once for 10 seconds, tape down your F#%king lid...Im half assed ready to sell it because of this..Not really.. Im just severely pissed right now..

Mike, as far as I know there is no aftermarket canopys for the MG... you can try to find a forum member here who maybe has some molds to make a couple...

Unless you plan on running your boat and just buying new lids each time it flips you might want to consider reinforcing the hatch with some carbon fiber and maybe some wood or metal sheets... Otherwise, the canopy is pretty fragile. Atleast in comparison to my other pb model my widowmaker which i could probably through on the group and it wouldn't break.

Ohh yeah..One that someone molds would work too..I thought there was someone here doing that?

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...t=18855&page=2

check out ray's post... he seems to have done a nice job reinforcing it... as for the canopy... no idea if anyone actually molded it, boomer mentions later on in the thread that someone was working on it... might want to follow up from there....

Remember to put some kind of flotation on it, like expanding foam...
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

I need a canopy too unpainted i will take it as well.

I'm assuming that PB will come out with a correct canopy in a bit... I mean they have to right? They have replacement parts for everything else...

Quote Originally Posted by jac4412 View Post
    I'm assuming that PB will come out with a correct canopy in a bit... I mean they have to right? They have replacement parts for everything else...
    They better..If I cant get one and i have to wait untill late march, thats the same time the Motley Crew comes out..Ill just get one of those and put the Geico on the Swap Shop!

Aw come on.. the MG is one of the best looking RTR's i've seen... don't give up on her yet, PB will come through

Quote Originally Posted by pyroM!KE View Post
    They better..If I cant get one and i have to wait untill late march, thats the same time the Motley Crew comes out..Ill just get one of those and put the Geico on the Swap Shop!

its really sad.. i have my MG sitting in my storage room with badly cracked canopy instead of playing in the pond with it

Quote Originally Posted by battlefury View Post
    its really sad.. i have my MG sitting in my storage room with badly cracked canopy instead of playing in the pond with it
    Yeah...The MC comes with a FG cowl...It is a 20$ more rtr boat,but like I said I would at this point pay 50 bucks for a lid for the MG right now than to wait another month!!...Ohh well..I just ordered a JAE 21fe rigger and the MG may well see the swap shop any way.....
    When something is soo good, why is there always something that always holds things back..
    Crap, If I would have known this I would have ordered a couple lids when I got the boat..Ohh wait a minute..They havent had any in stock for months now...Im not bitching,Im just saying...
    Or am I bitching...Yeah,I am BITCHING!!!

pyro, I feel for ya, but as you said in your OP, taping down the canopy is SOP ANY time you run. I had the same thing happen, but thankfully it was with the inner tupperware lid. Taped it in the front and back and didn't use the canopy because I was taking Eagletree readings on various props. Well, found out a little tape is not enough. Ordered a couple (these are in stock) and you can be sure I will put flotation on it and the canopy immediately..

Default Possible source for a MG canopy

You can try this fellow to see if he'll make you a MG canopy. He has a mold and has made them for others. Rich at rjteam@aol.com
    Not sure of the timing or cost. Shoot him an email
    Boomer

The MG canopies are suppose to be ready to ship from the manufacturer on March 4th. It takes about a week for them to get in stock from there... so I'd figure Mid-March.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    The MG canopies are suppose to be ready to ship from the manufacturer on March 4th. It takes about a week for them to get in stock from there... so I'd figure Mid-March.
    Here you go pyro, light at the end of the tunnel... thanks for the update Darin!

Sweet!

Yeah Im calmer now..hehe..I am building a jae rigger so that will give me some time with that one..cool.

I'm in the same boat now (haha).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can we get them yet? lost mine last sunday. MY lhs was able to get me the clearish inner liner but canopy was still on back order.

Was considering using my new one as a mold to make a male and pull ABS ones...or does the FG one seem the best? Looks like too thin to me. Just hate to spend the time on FG molds for these.

well this will be my third one. The one it came with wasn't taped right and flexed when i stuffed it so the force of the water ripped it off, second one should have been re taped after the first flip but i kept running and the tape failed me. Point is both of those were plastic so i don't know if FB would be too thin. Making a FG mold seems like quite a bit of work unless you plan on making a few and selling them. 20 bucks is a decent price for a painted canopy though IMO

This does suck..I hate having a boat I cant even run!! Im not going to pay 80+ for a fg canopy..This is ridiculous!!!!!!!! I would pay around 30-35 for one..Come on ProBoat..Step up to the plate...Jeeeeezz

Cool

Today: HH says early April and the cost is $17.99 w/o shipping.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I cracked mine after the boat flipped backwards and skid on the lid for about 50 feet. Since I didn't lose any pieces I was able to glass it back together. I feel for you guys that lost it all together. I wold pay HH to back order it. What happens is that when they come in they ship out the back ordered ones and stock never fills up. Just pay for it on back order and I'm sure when they come in you will get a nice surprise in the mail.

contact tiqueman on here..he makes em
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

I'm in for a FG one but, Tiqueman kinda dissappeared....
    Nortavlag Bulc

hes around just im him on here he does aot of handyman jobs and gets busy sometimes
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Make it two!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I'm in for a FG one but, Tiqueman kinda dissappeared....
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

So if you guys end up getting a fg cowl what color will you paint it? Im thinking bright or florescent red..or an airbrushed american flag..that would look tight..
    Last edited by pyroM!KE; 03-16-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast