Thread: CF and radio question

Default CF and radio question

will tactic radio be ok in my Mean Machine that has inside lined with Carbon Fiber?

The tactic will be fine if you only lined the bottom with CF. I doubt you went all up around the sides and under the deck? Mount the tactic up off the bottom. I run Tactics in everything and everything I own has CF on the inside bottom of the hull.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

If your receiver is the TR324, it would be risky. You might go ahead and try it with the RX up high in the boat, or velcro to the cowl. Don't know if the Fortuba, or Spectrums RX's will bind with your Tactic.

Cool

The TACLO324 (TR324) is the Tactic surface receiver, and it works fine with a carbon hull bottom, not so well if you have a carbon fiber hull. It is always a good idea to put this receiver above the running waterline in any hull. I am amazed at the performance of this radio system, for the price it's hard to beat.

You can't reliably use other brands of transmitters or receivers with corresponding Tactic parts.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Keeping it as far away from the CF is best, and certainly not in the line of sight from the TX to the RX. I little distance is good. CF is worse than metal for obstructing signal.

Default CF Hull and Radio

Hmmm.... got to ask how you handle a CF boat and a 2.4 system as the antenna is pretty small on the rx to try and get outside of the hull. ( not much room in the back of a micro CF Starship)
    Maybe I need to dig out one of my old FM radios with a longer antenna?

what about putting it in this? kintec sells it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hmmm.... got to ask how you handle a CF boat and a 2.4 system as the antenna is pretty small on the rx to try and get outside of the hull. ( not much room in the back of a micro CF Starship)
    The Spektrum marine RX antennas are long, so you can get them out of the hull if needed. Even some of the regular Spektrum surface and air receivers have long antenna wires. I think the SR3100 might? Don't remember all of them, but we have a few with about 1 foot extensions. They also have CF-specific receivers, not sure what is different about them.