Thread: Ekos water pickups question

Default Ekos water pickups question

I have a question in regards to in staling water pick-ups through the hull, I have measured and cut holes in the bottom of the cat, I have the pickups flush with bottom. Almost a perfect fit, my question is that of what glue, fiberglass, or epoxy should I be using to secure them to the hull. I am installing the aluminum dual flush mount pickups. I have placed these as far back in the hull as I could. I'm working on a ekos. I have removed the battery tray and in process of removing the glue left over from factory install, should I be using same stuff and if so what is it? Originally I was going to use zpoxy 30 minute formula, should I be using this? And is any Fiberglas needed around them or is drooping extra glue, epoxy around then good enough? And first time posting something, thanks for the opinions, have read almost all the posts in this forum and very helpful

Any 2 part epoxy should work fine. I installed the dual flush mount pick-ups in my ekos and used 5 minute epoxy that comes in a syringe from home depot. Its super strong, but can be removed later with a good heat gun if necessary.
    Attached Images Attached Images